truekaotik

flyboy wakesurf board

truekaotik    458

has anyone used or heard of these guys?? they boast the best wakesurf board in the industry....

LakeSurfer    10

IMO - They make the best board on the market. I have one of the originals and love it. It is lighter than anything I have seen, generally foregiving and way more durable than any other custom I have seen as well. James/Jeff Walker started the original company in 2010 and sold it to InlandSurfer in 2011. The orginal board was hand shaped in CA and the new IS board is now made in Asia. I dont believe Flyboy technically even has a board/company anymore.

Here is the IS version. I hear it is a really nice board.

http://www.inlandsurfer.com/boards/flyboy.htm

truekaotik    458

Ah thank you Lake for the info. I ran across there name searching wakesurf boards boasting the newest technologies used in stealth fighter jets:-) and thought I would ask about them.... that inland board is nice looking also :)

Edited by truekaotik

h20king    794

One word for ya SOULCRAFT.......................................................H

truekaotik    458

Hahaha H... How'd I see that statement coming ;-) I will have to say I liked the style of the build board for your wife...

h20king    794

Yeah me to just ordered a diamond fang for myself build pics to come.................H

LakeSurfer    10

One word for ya SOULCRAFT.......................................................H

H - I did not know you liked the Soulcraft boards. Have you ever had one built? If so, how was the process?

LakeSurfer    10

Lake he did a build for his wife for Xmas... Looks sweet, here's the link http://www.centurion...the-h20-queen/. That's why I made the comment I did ;-) lol

True: I was teasing H. Everybody knows how he feels about Souldcraft boards. This will be H's 3rd Soulcraft build in the last 9 mos. I am starting to think H should being asking for a bulk buy discount.

H: cant wait to see the pics.

Dreamer    96

I have an IS Flyboy and it is awesome. I also like the fact that is not as fragile as the custom boards like Shred Still and Soulcraft.

h20king    794

I really liked Lakes original Fly Boy it rides very similar to the Soulcraft boards it's easy to generate speed very responsive and light and would be a great board if you could find an original.I also liked the Walker boards which were a fun all around board.Any of these would be a good choice.I chose to do business with Soulcraft and always recommend them because I love the product.I also love how personal the experience is working with Jeff to come up with a one off board designed to help take your riding to the next level.My experience dealing with Soulcraft has been great. Jeff is a super nice guy who makes the whole process feel more like a partnership than a purchase...................................H

h20king    794

Just found this and thought it was sort of cool

truekaotik    458

True: I was teasing H. Everybody knows how he feels about Souldcraft boards. This will be H's 3rd Soulcraft build in the last 9 mos. I am starting to think H should being asking for a bulk buy discount.

H: cant wait to see the pics.

DOH :pardon: i shoulda known... lol

BUT instead of "bulk buy discount", Im thinking "soulcraft rehab" :good:

truekaotik    458

I have an IS Flyboy and it is awesome. I also like the fact that is not as fragile as the custom boards like Shred Still and Soulcraft.

yeah im diggin the flyboy Lake showed me, I like the tail and it is also nice to know its a little more sturdy....... BUT H's build board really got my attention also.... :detective: love the feedback guys, thanks

piper907    0

I should be recieving my 2nd Soulcraft board in the mail today... Jeff is GREAT to deal with and will go out of his way to make sure you custom board is exactly what you want. I have never ridden one of the IS Flyboy boards so I cannot compare for you... only to say that you won't be dissapointed with a Soulcraft board.

h20king    794

Sorry if I took the thread off track I will limit sharing my love for Soulcraft on this forum in the future........................H

truekaotik    458
Sorry if I took the thread off track I will limit sharing my love for Soulcraft on this forum in the future........................H

Lol H... No worries! It's a open forum, your pushing your top favorite board company, nothing wrong with that AT ALL!! ;-) I appreciate everyone's feed back, bias or not!!

Edited by truekaotik

LakeSurfer    10

H: I dont think anybody thinks you did that. We were just messing with you. I do think you should write a review of Soulcraft in the link below (if you have not already)

True: Here is the best thread I have seen on any forum with reviews about a ton of boards

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/3325-give-feedback-and-opinion-on-the-board-you-surf/

duffymahoney    10

H - I did not know you liked the Soulcraft boards. Have you ever had one built? If so, how was the process?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!:)

duffymahoney    10

I hear nothing but amazing things about the flyboy board, just FYI. I have never ridden one. If you are lucky enough to find one of the hand made ones they are even better! The original flyboy board was very technically advanced and crazy light and strong.

Edited by duffymahoney