truekaotik

flyboy wakesurf board

islander033    2

I currently own nothing custom as boards go. I have handled and rode a few though. Lake's Flyboy, some Shred Stixx and SoulCraft boards.

I usually ride my Sweet Spot and have had it for 2 seasons without issue. I'd doesn't look brand new but I've never had to fix a ding in it...so far...lol.

Most custom boards will be more fragile than regular store bought boards. It's the price you pay for super light weight.

duffymahoney    10

I have never seen a custom that is as strong as a factory made IS board. My first board was a yellow lugey and a pink skim and both were so tough. I still own the pink skim and I treat it like pooh and it still works great. I personally like customs and hand made boards but that is my cup of tea:)

duramat    462

Sorry I just dont see the humor after receiving the PM from admin. Good thing this is the internet or im sure id punch you right in your smart a$$ mouth. Now that would be funny............................................H

LMAOROTF!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IM BUSTING A GUT LAUGHING SO HARD!

Now seriously...what brought that on? Really...? I thought we were good? Hug? More? :thumbsup:

True, Kriskusee talked with one of the Inland Surfer guys last year and was talking to him about this board and that board and what would be the next move up. What he said was that most cases guys are buying a board riding it for a short time and then change to another board and then to another board in hopes of progressing BUT they never mastered the first board or its capabilities. Sometimes better to stick with board and learn its full potential and go from there instead of having to relearn. I may be that one that is in that scenario..Ive bought a few boards and I still havnt mastered a simple 3 LOL. I dont have any plans on getting a new board this season, Im just gonna stick with my Mucas and try and nail some moves before jumpin to a custom. I know what you mean by boating on a budget after getting the boat LOL, I think youd be fine getting a good board like a Mucas, or Sweet and start out from there and spread your coin for some other purchases. TOTALLY YOU BRO. Them inlands are a pretty hearty board and can take some abuse I admit. :thumbsup:

Spud    7
:beer:

truekaotik    458

Ok what's the difference between this board http://inlandsurfer.com/boards/keenan.htm and this board http://inlandsurfer.com/boards/mucus.htm ?? Besides what the specs say, like price and quality, personal feelings? I feel what Dura is laying down with the "save coin" but still have a decent board to progress on... Then "expensive custom" SoULcRaFT!!! ( hehe for you H) later...

Thanks guys this has been a roller coaster for me online today searching boards :-) I vote you forgive Dura H ;-)

truekaotik    458

I ask because they are only $100-150 difference to the FlyBoy? Soulcraft is kinda cheaper (not quality but price) but look blank? You pay for design? Looking at XXX and Walker now to compare...

I don't want to spend 900, more like 4-600 shipped so I don't know what brand but like the tail styles above and of the flyboy and Love the tail on H's build (that's what got me looking for something better than the fish) want sturdy like islander describes for my first board also...

Edited by truekaotik

h20king    794

So to start off I apologize for loosing my temper.Here is the deal this is not the first time I have been accused of recommending goods for a discount so yes I was insulted and I did sort of take it personal.If you go through all my pasts posts you will see I recommend lots of different products.I don't do this for a discount I do it because they are products I believe in.I am in no way connected to the boating industry other than my brother having a small shop here in Gresham which sells service not goods.So with that said I think ill check out hope you all have a great summer...........................................H

Edited by h20king

duramat    462

True, the Keenan board is skim style and the Mucas is more surf style. They are completely a different feel from the other.

It looks like Inland is out of the Mucas (not made yet for this season?) but the Sweet is avail. In that case your probably gonna spend around the same coin for a Sweet (or other) as you possibly would on a Soul Craft (excellent board as well). The inland Squirt was a good board for beginning as well, the cool thing about it is that you can change the fin configuration to go from a surf style to skim style giving you the best of both worlds per se, AND without breaking the bank :thumbsup: Just another idea LOL

http://inlandsurfer.com/boards/squirt.htm

truekaotik    458

Haha Dura you been on as long as me or something ;-) you missed the fact the squirts out of stock too :-(((

Don't go H :-((((

duffymahoney    10

I read once that the rule for wakesurfing and most board sports is 90% the surfer and 10% the board when it comes to abilities, tricks etc...

H- You just have a strange way of putting things. I'm sure you know there are lots of great boards out.

Edited by duffymahoney

LakeSurfer    10

So with that said I think ill check out hope you all have a great summer...........................................H

I would really hate for that to happen H :thumbdown: For some reason, a very simple thread has gone off the tracks :construction:

Were is Po when you need him? He was great last off season :fun:

truekaotik    458

ok I'm down to inland and soulcraft, cause i want a specific looking tail and these companies carry them :blink: ..... It would be the tail styles mentioned above so thank you guys for your honest opinions on boards, skill level, and the most community action in months!!!!! (haha sorry that was probably uncalled for :unsure: ).... I think the thread went just great NO MATTER WHAT WAS SAID :clap: :clap: and it was my thread so :band: :band: :band: :band:

truekaotik    458

OH... Also much :wub: to the whole CREW!!! can't we just get along... :diablo: hehe

duffymahoney    10

Do you like the look or the function of the tail design? I can't wait to post pictures of my shred stixx build! The shaper should start on them soon.

truekaotik    458

Do you like the look or the function of the tail design? I can't wait to post pictures of my shred stixx build! The shaper should start on them soon.

I thought the style those were made it more playful? guess i don't know the real 411 on tail design... i jumped in this one head first :unknw:

DarksideR    1,679

LOL, where art thou PO?

H, I'm glad to see your apology, I don't think the physical violence threat was necessary. Maybe that's the Canadian in me. LOL. I hope you decide to stay on the site, your expertise is a valued asset here. "lets hug it out b1tches".

Back on track now... True, it really depends on your skill level. Have you done any other board sports? It's a tough decision I know. But really, you can't go wrong with any of the boards you are talking about. I've personally never had an issue with any board being too advanced. But then, I AM pretty awesome. LMAO. Each board needs time to figure out how to ride.

I too am like Islander, I just want a new board every year.

truekaotik    458

LOL, where art thou PO?

H, I'm glad to see your apology, I don't think the physical violence threat was necessary. Maybe that's the Canadian in me. LOL. I hope you decide to stay on the site, your expertise is a valued asset here. "lets hug it out b1tches".

Back on track now... True, it really depends on your skill level. Have you done any other board sports? It's a tough decision I know. But really, you can't go wrong with any of the boards you are talking about. I've personally never had an issue with any board being too advanced. But then, I AM pretty awesome. LMAO. Each board needs time to figure out how to ride.

I too am like Islander, I just want a new board every year.

Ok i skated when i was younger and was sponsored by a local shop and powell (just saying my skill level). Moved on to kneeboarding, wake boarding, snowboarding at ease. only recreational but can put some moves down. Stunted motorcycles... so i want to play, just don't like the "feel" of the fish or its tail... Feels to "buoyant' also??? that help?

Edited by truekaotik

DarksideR    1,679

In that case, you will probably be amazed by any of those boards. Just pick the one you like the most at a price you can justify. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

If it's durability you want, I say go Sweetspot, Mucus, or Flyboy.

If you want super light weight to allow for easier big airs, Soulcraft, Shred, or Walker. I'm going with either a Shred or Soulcraft this year. Leaning toward the Soulcraft. I want to do custom graffics too.

duffymahoney    10

I don't think the tail will make or break a board. Fins, rocker and overall shape, would be more important. Thruster or quad or twinzer will change the board a ton. Do you want to pump to gain speed or do you want to just lean? The high end custom boards need to be pumped or driven to gain speed for airs. I personally like quads, but they are super super locked in while surfing.

truekaotik    458

I guess a little bit of both? Can you have that?