WS Rev 10 (1 Pair)

XS-650 (3 Pair)

WS 420

JL Audio 12W6V2D4

JL 750 1 HD to Tower

JL XD 600 1 to sub

JL XD 600 6 to in boats

Prodon Intellion 2130 (30amp charger)

Interstate Group 29 Deep Cycle (2) and starter batter (1)

LEDs (interior, speakers, lockers, glove box, under helm, ice chest)

Notes: when WS comes out with the new Pro 485, I will add it to the tower between the set of Rev 10s.

Sorry for the poor pics. Maybe David at Earmark can post some install pics.

post-465-0-57292800-1320972036_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-93004000-1320972046_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-46300400-1320972053_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-68157700-1320972066_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-33786000-1320972082_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-35421800-1320972097_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-88267300-1320972118_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-47096200-1320972129_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-09801600-1320972139_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-49994600-1320972153_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-24513000-1320972232_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-45745300-1320972248_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-65073500-1320972321_thumb.jpg

Edited by LakeSurfer

DarksideR    1,679

Pretty sick Jeff. Can't wait to see it in person next year!

h20king    794

Jeff looks great is there a particular reason you went with the JL amps instead of the WS amps??........................................................H

LakeSurfer    10

Jeff looks great is there a particular reason you went with the JL amps instead of the WS amps??........................................................H

H - I am sure that Dave@Earmark will pipe in, but from what I was told the JL XD series are less $ and nearly as efficient as WS. The JL HD series is more efficient and the same price. The JL amps are all class D amps.

LakeSurfer    10

one more note: I ran a 6 channel amp to the 3 sets of in boat speakers so the bow speakers can have their own volume control. This way the wife and kids can sit up front and I can turn the tunes down.

duffymahoney    10

I went with the JL amps as well. I couldn't happier with the amps and their power use and clarity. I am sure both are amazing amps.

duffymahoney    10

I also went with a JL 12w6. The thing pounds. I put it in a bass reflex box that my buddy custom made for me. Oh and sick setup and boat. Super jealous!!

Edited by duffymahoney

DrNate    426

Yeah, that looks awesome. Bet It'll make your ears bleed too

doug743    53

i am curious about the jl amps. i am heading to the marina to order a new 244 today and will be adding the sterio later, I had 3 jls my p09 enzo, i love the look of the new rev 10, but hate having to run 4 amps to get 2 sets up on the tower. may go with 3 amps and 2 sets of rev 8s just to cut out an amp. I guess you are running the 750 in series on 1 channel. I am not a sterio guru. any info will be great thanks

Edited by doug743

LakeSurfer    10

i am curious about the jl amps. i am heading to the marina to order a new 244 today and will be adding the sterio later, I had 3 jls my p09 enzo, i love the look of the new rev 10, but hate having to run 4 amps to get 2 sets up on the tower. may go with 3 amps and 2 sets of rev 8s just to cut out an amp. I guess you are running the 750 in series on 1 channel. I am not a sterio guru. any info will be great thanks

I would rather run 1 set of Rev 10s than 2 sets of Rev 8s. That is how much better I think the Rev 10s sound. The Rev 10s have a lot more mid base. I hardly turn my boat speakers on when we are surfing. Also, 1 set of Rev 10s with the right power is all you will need. Adding anything else is just for fun. As for running 4 amps vs 3 amps, I dont know why that would matter other than the fact that you have to buy 1 more amp (BTW: I was told that to really get the most out of the Rev 8s, most guys are still running 300 watts to each one. Therefore, you are still running 1 amp to each pair). These amps are so efficient it wont matter that much to your battery bank.

I am running 375 watts to each Rev 10. They are very loud and sound great. I can wait until the new Pro 485 comes out. I think it will look really clean on the tower.

Note: I would only order the boat with the 3 sets of interior speakers, head unit and transom remote (which I believe are standard features). Rumor is that WS is coming out with a few new products in the Spring.

Edited by LakeSurfer

doug743    53

thanks lakesurfer, just got back, new boat on the way :thumbsup: I just ordered the inboats and transom. I will be adding the rev10s and a sub. my 09 had just one pair of exiles and they where enough for me. so the 10's should rock. I look at the jl amps, i had no problems with the jl's on the 09. I was leaning towards the wetsounds. not sure where the budget will be.

truekaotik    458

Congrats and looks awesome... I am surprised you went with non-marine JL amps though and comparing them to Wetsounds marine amps. Unless maybe, you forgot to put the M in front of the HD? Although the XD are car audio amps for sure... I have ran non-marine amps in my boats also and am not against it by far, but they dont compare to real marine grade amps if your boat sits on the lake most of the summer overnight. We compare the MHD to the SYN, cause of the stainless steel features and board coating. The MHD and HD are the same price through JL, surprised they didnt offer the marine to you, the M series of JL are the same as the XD series with a $10 difference on most, which is still less than wetsounds amps... Dont take this the wrong way, i know it sounds TOP NOTCH since you used JL and WETSOUNDS ;) Its pretty close to my setup sitting in boxes still, since my boat is in storage, a hour away :( LOL

I love JL, i have it in everything i own.....

Edited by truekaotik

LakeSurfer    10

Congrats and looks awesome... I am surprised you went with non-marine JL amps though and comparing them to Wetsounds marine amps. Unless maybe, you forgot to put the M in front of the HD? Although the XD are car audio amps for sure... I have ran non-marine amps in my boats also and am not against it by far, but they dont compare to real marine grade amps if your boat sits on the lake most of the summer overnight. We compare the MHD to the SYN, cause of the stainless steel features and board coating. The MHD and HD are the same price through JL, surprised they didnt offer the marine to you, the M series of JL are the same as the XD series with a $10 difference on most, which is still less than wetsounds amps... Dont take this the wrong way, i know it sounds TOP NOTCH since you used JL and WETSOUNDS ;) Its pretty close to my setup sitting in boxes still, since my boat is in storage, a hour away :( LOL

I love JL, i have it in everything i own.....

My boat sits in a garage, not on the lake. So I am more concerned about how an amp drains my batteries, not whether or not it is water proof. I would have ran WS amps in this boat, but I got a much better deal on the JL amps and did not think the additional $ for the WS was worth it. BTW - I ran Wetsounds amps in my last boat and they were great (granted I had to replace the Syn 2 twice), but they are pretty much Arc Audio amps (which you can buy for less also).

doug743    53

if you had to pick from 3 subs what would be your top three i am looking at the wetsounds xs12 and or the jl but i am open to others

LakeSurfer    10

if you had to pick from 3 subs what would be your top three i am looking at the wetsounds xs12 and or the jl but i am open to others

I am really not much of a stereo guy. I am more of a purchaser of stereo equipment. I can only tell you that my last boat had a WS XXX pushed by a Syn 1 (800 watts) and now I have a JL Audio 12W6V2D4 pushed by a JL XD 600 1 (600 watts). I think the XXX hit harder, but had a tougher time keeping up with the faster base lines, etc. The JL keeps up with the wider range of base lines but does not hit as hard. For the type of music I listen to 90% of the time, the JL is a better sub for me.

Now with that said, I am not the guy to ask. I am sure there are guys on hear who can give 10 other subs that are great.

Note: Most of the guys I know that are stereo guys are not that big of fan of WS subs and amps. They are very big fans of WS in boat and tower speakers.

Edited by LakeSurfer

doug743    53

did you do a ported box or is it sealed? I have an new jl m1700 sub amp but i think it only puts out 250w @4 ohms and 500 x1 @ 2 ohms. that xd600x1 is 400x1 @4 ohms? if you have dual 4 ohm voice coils , do you need to run it at 4 ohms. I am looking for the similiar system you have now. i will have to start looking and reteach myself this stereo stuff,.

truekaotik    458

My boat sits in a garage, not on the lake. So I am more concerned about how an amp drains my batteries, not whether or not it is water proof. I would have ran WS amps in this boat, but I got a much better deal on the JL amps and did not think the additional $ for the WS was worth it. BTW - I ran Wetsounds amps in my last boat and they were great (granted I had to replace the Syn 2 twice), but they are pretty much Arc Audio amps (which you can buy for less also).

Im sorry Lake for the confusion, i was just asking why you didn't do marine grade JL since they cost the same and have the same technologies like the 60% less power draw but are marine grade. Thats all, i don't want you to think i was pushing WS amps over JL amps, i think you chose well :) I wouldn't of wanted to spend the extra money either, especially if you got a deal :) if you're not keeping it outside, it really don't matter what amps you get, you're right :) TIGHT set up, no doubt!

LakeSurfer    10

did you do a ported box or is it sealed? I have an new jl m1700 sub amp but i think it only puts out 250w @4 ohms and 500 x1 @ 2 ohms. that xd600x1 is 400x1 @4 ohms? if you have dual 4 ohm voice coils , do you need to run it at 4 ohms. I am looking for the similiar system you have now. i will have to start looking and reteach myself this stereo stuff,.

1. my last boat and this boat have custom ported boxes. Custom from the fact that they were built specifically for the space under the helm on my Avy and now Enzo.

2. I am stereo stupid. I dont know the answer to your 4 ohms question.

truekaotik    458

run what you have. do the JL 1700 to a 13w6v2. you want to run it parallel to the mono block amp. i prefer sealed for cleaner punch bass but most prefer slot ported for more SPL..