Sign in to follow this  
DarksideR

November picture thread

h20king    794

sweet wave Nate cant wait till next years gathering

Packrat    13

Great video really enjoyed it. Can you tell me what boat and set up the first blue boat (Enzo I think)had in the video? Looks like maybe it had a switchblade.

h20king    794

Rodger the first boat is Doc's 240 enzo no blade but he runs a custom enzo sack, center ballast,plenty of beer ballast,and people ballast.His wave was awesome and the gathering was a blast.You should seriously think about adding this event to your calender.There were so many enzo's and great people not to mention all the boards.We had a blast and will definitely be going to next years gathering..................................H

DrNate    426

sweet wave Nate cant wait till next years gathering

Thanks, H! Yeah, I can't wait until next year's gathering either. Also, I wanted to tell you that I talked to Jeff yesterday and officially ordered my new board. Thanks to suggestions from you, I went with the Swallow tail also and the carbon fiber reinforcement. He's gonna make it 5'2" long for me. It should be perfect. Pics to come soon I hope!

Packrat    13

h20king, when you say Doc had center ballast do you mean the below deck center tank or the bow sack? Thanks.

h20king    794

Packrat I guess I'm not sure about the center ballast but I do remember water coming out one of the thru hulls while his enzo sack was still filling which would indicate ballast other then the enzo sack. Doc for sure has his wave dialed and I'm sure will chime in sooner or later.Jeff is getting ready to start a custom build for my wife using the new fang tail and a couple other changes that you will have to wait for the build thread to see........................H

LakeSurfer    10

h20king, when you say Doc had center ballast do you mean the below deck center tank or the bow sack? Thanks.

I am pretty sure he is running a custom Enzo sac, center ballast, opposite back locker and beer/people weight. I do not believe Doc is running any bow weight.

Edited by LakeSurfer

DarksideR    1,679

YEAH RAT! All goofy footers! I am jealous! Thanks for sharing some actual photos in the "picture thread". LOL. Good to see some people still getting out there.

Edited by DarksideR

harlobra    24

A couple for the month

post-1061-0-05037300-1321234372_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-37161100-1321234419_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-94669100-1321234446_thumb.jpg

Nice wave!! What's your ballast set up?

Edited by harlobra

So yesterday was a beautiful day here in Virginia, unseasonable warm.. Probably the last day out on the Enzo... So I decided to man up and take a Skate Set!! Air temp was 75 water temp was 56!!!!

So here are my November pictures to add!!!!

post-2815-0-19569200-1321370118_thumb.jpg

post-2815-0-26584300-1321370172_thumb.jpg

post-2815-0-70747600-1321370207_thumb.jpg

RVR-RAT    269

Nice wave!! What's your ballast set up?

I had a big crew that day 9 people

150 lb brick on swim step

300 lbs of lead tucked in far back corner in ski locker under the walk thru transom

750 lbs in walk thru

250 lbs center tank full

aprox 1300 pounds of people

This seemed to work good that day. When i have a small crew I fill another 750 lb sac and put it on the floor behind the driver seat.

duramat    462

A couple for the month

post-1061-0-05037300-1321234372_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-37161100-1321234419_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-94669100-1321234446_thumb.jpg

AWESOME!!

DrNate    426

So yesterday was a beautiful day here in Virginia, unseasonable warm.. Probably the last day out on the Enzo... So I decided to man up and take a Skate Set!! Air temp was 75 water temp was 56!!!!

So here are my November pictures to add!!!!

Very cool. What was your water temp there out of curiosity? No full wet suit even--I'm impressed!

Very cool. What was your water temp there out of curiosity? No full wet suit even--I'm impressed!

It was 56 degree water temp!.. Just the top!.. I don't have a full suit!... Out Lake "Heater" has been turned off since the earthquake! So the water temp is colder than normal...

Matthew