DarksideR    1,679

LMAO! Nice.

Let's try this again.

Ubugme2    0

I have been offline for a while and I am excited to see all the positive results from this thread! I have some more ideas in the works on our wakesurf wakes. I will share more later, after i try what i am thinking about. If it works it will be awesome!!!!

Wiggles    2

I have been offline for a while and I am excited to see all the positive results from this thread! I have some more ideas in the works on our wakesurf wakes. I will share more later, after i try what i am thinking about. If it works it will be awesome!!!!

Yeah the bigger fin works awesome thanks again for the info, verry impressed with the results

Wigs

Ubugme2    0

HEY Audionly101

Did you ever get any pictures of your wake surf wake? If you did I would like to see and know what ballast set up your using. I could not send you a priv msg it said you could not receive msgs at this time.

My e mail is

ty_363@yahoo.com

Audionly101    39

HEY Audionly101

Did you ever get any pictures of your wake surf wake? If you did I would like to see and know what ballast set up your using. I could not send you a priv msg it said you could not receive msgs at this time.

My e mail is

ty_363@yahoo.com

Here is my normal setup to start with then I will adjust depending on crew weight.post-619-0-19453600-1327267942_thumb.jpg

I don't have any good with / without pictures of the wave but here is the only picture I can find of the wave with the fin, but without a rider. This is a very rough day but still shows how well the fin moves the wash to the dark side.post-619-0-77319000-1327268674_thumb.jpg

Ubugme2    0

Awesome! I need to put my cast iron weights back in to get my wight up. Thanks for the info. looking at your avitar I though you had a older boat like mine thats why i asked lol.

Thanks

Audionly101    39

Awesome! I need to put my cast iron weights back in to get my wight up. Thanks for the info. looking at your avitar I though you had a older boat like mine thats why i asked lol.

Thanks

I do have the older non-c4 style. The ballast layout picture was just for reference.

• Like 1

BigWillOKC    1

I don't know how I missed this post I just ordered a fin from eBay. Have any of you pulled a tube after installing this? Any issues?

DarksideR    1,679

Will, it makes no difference to how the boat handles, except for being able to back up in a straight line! At least that was my experience on Wiggles' boat.

Ubugme2    0

Just got the boat out and Hope to get on the water sunday. I will be testing ballast set ups trying to get wake even better.

I have another Idea of how to make the wake have less spray. On my boat under the swim deck the exhaust sticks out in a square box. The edge of the box creates a wall of water that when it hits the wake off the side of the boat creates a splash and dirty wake.

In the picture you can see the square in the middle. My idea is to temp install some carbon fiber i have in the corner of the box and angel in. (triangle shape filler) if it works i will perm mount it.

Hard to describe but if you can picture the boat being flat all the way across the back instead of the box protruding in the center.

post-849-0-14529900-1332468822_thumb.jpg

Audionly101    39

I know "Bigshow" tried something like that fillling in the spary pockets some time ago. This is the downfall to my wake as well. The pockets get such a weird wash that trashes the surface of the wave and I feel causes it to break early as well. Let me know what designs you come up with and how they help. I have been throwing around the idea of upgrading boats just due to the hull shape but just can't bring myself to fork up the money for the enzo or avy I really want. If I could make my hull work better, I'd keep this boat for a very long time.

volzalum    280

Did anyone ever successfully try this and get the starboard (goofy) side cleaned up? If so can you post before and after pics, and pics of the actual fin install? I saw several were discussing it, but never saw anyone complete it.

Ubugme2    0

I know "Bigshow" tried something like that fillling in the spary pockets some time ago. This is the downfall to my wake as well. The pockets get such a weird wash that trashes the surface of the wave and I feel causes it to break early as well. Let me know what designs you come up with and how they help. I have been throwing around the idea of upgrading boats just due to the hull shape but just can't bring myself to fork up the money for the enzo or avy I really want. If I could make my hull work better, I'd keep this boat for a very long time.

I used some duck tape this weekend to test my idea, and It did what I wanted it too. I have a 12X12 piece of carbon fiber that I am going to fit into the corner. I will try and do it tonight and Get pics.

boardjnky4    8

I used some duck tape this weekend to test my idea, and It did what I wanted it too. I have a 12X12 piece of carbon fiber that I am going to fit into the corner. I will try and do it tonight and Get pics.

any update on this?

kskinner    1

I built an extended trim tab and fin for the goofy side. See pics. Hoping to try it out this weekend on Deer Creek. I will be drilling the fin out as well as I did a quick test run the other day and it did chatter quite a bit turning.

Too shallow and no weight in the boat the first time out to test the surf wake, but it did make the starboard wakeboard wake immaculate! Anyway, thanks for all the tips. I'll report back how the surf wave is.

duramat    462

I built an extended trim tab and fin for the goofy side. See pics. Hoping to try it out this weekend on Deer Creek. I will be drilling the fin out as well as I did a quick test run the other day and it did chatter quite a bit turning.

Too shallow and no weight in the boat the first time out to test the surf wake, but it did make the starboard wakeboard wake immaculate! Anyway, thanks for all the tips. I'll report back how the surf wave is.

:thumbsup:

Looks good, can't wait to hear back!

Skinner, have you considered putting a Bennett trim tab on as well?