h20king

Soulcraft surf boards

enzo on LI    79

H2O...you said the board is thinner than an IS. Any problems with it pearling when you rode it? Are there different sizes of the Jetty?

soulcraft    0

Enzo- we can build different sizes from 4'6" to 5'2".

h20king    794

H2O...you said the board is thinner than an IS. Any problems with it pearling when you rode it? Are there different sizes of the Jetty?

No problems at all the nose is curved and the board has some camber so pearling is not a problem.I have tried many different boards and the soulcraft jetty is my favorite to date..........................H

wakemitch    15

More people need to check out Soulcraft. These boards are amazing and Jeff knows his stuff!

h20king    794

Here are some more in progress pics.These pics show the fiberglass structure the carbon fiber reinforcement the first coat of resin and the soulcraft logo being added.I hope you all are enjoying seeing the different steps that go into making a surfboard as much as I am.Jeff is great to work with and has kept me in the loop every step of the way.Next will be the custom art work then the finishing coats of resin..................................H

post-777-0-97196000-1312665991_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-17864600-1312666021_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-14029700-1312666064_thumb.jpg

islander033    2

Here are some more in progress pics.These pics show the fiberglass structure the carbon fiber reinforcement the first coat of resin and the soulcraft logo being added.I hope you all are enjoying seeing the different steps that go into making a surfboard as much as I am.Jeff is great to work with and has kept me in the loop every step of the way.Next will be the custom art work then the finishing coats of resin..................................H

Sic board H!

I'd love to see this board make it to Bethy Creek in October.

h20king    794

Thanks islander I'm super excited.As far as the board making it to bethy creek the wife said she will look for a hard case if she cant find one I will ask Jeff if he can send a stock demo jetty to wakedock for everyone to try at the Texas CCC gathering.The next step is the art work which will be done by Chelsi Benger at bright eye concepts. http://www.brighteyeconcepts.com/ Here is a pic of the preliminary sketch I'm waiting to find out if I can get the splash in black outlined by metallic silver with a metallic silver helmet.......................H

post-777-0-99746400-1312673367_thumb.jpg

DrNate    426

that is awesome! And I would love to Demo a Soulcraft at the gathering as well :)

h20king    794

The board is getting closer to the final stages.Today the board got the top glassed and the hot coat done.I think the board looks bad A$$ and cant wait to get my hands on it.Here are some more pics Jeff has been great about sending me pics of every step I think art work is next :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .....................H

post-777-0-87002200-1312851733_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-56102400-1312851753_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-69883900-1312851776_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-34777800-1312851846_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-95470100-1312851873_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-25782900-1312851894_thumb.jpg

duffymahoney    10

Pearling is a tough one. The flatter the board the faster it is, but you run the risk or pearling or nose diving. It's a give and take. I prefer a flatter board that I have learned not to pearl because I like the speed.

h20king    794

Here is the pic I got today.It shows the bottom after the hot coat.Jeff says the board should get sanded today then off for art work tomorrow.It is getting so close to being done I cant wait hoping to have it in my hands by the end of next week.I think it looks great and I love the look of the carbon fiber stringer reinforcement.Jeff is truly a master craftsman who takes much pride in his work :unworthy::unworthy: ..........................H

post-777-0-35457800-1312938156_thumb.jpg

h20king    794
:clapping::clapping::clapping: Woke up this morning to find soulcraft has been added to the centurion crew store and admin once again has gone out of their way to support the crew and secure us discounted pricing http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/store/category/39--/ thanks admin and for any of you looking to step up your game give soulcraft a second look you will be glad you did.Look through this thread and see all the work that goes into making a board by hand it is obvious Jeff builds boards because he loves it and it is evident by his prices. If a new board is in your future please think about supporting a company that supports the crew and our sport......................H

h20king    794

Here is the latest :unworthy::unworthy: .Jeff got the board back from Chelsi at bright eye concepts.The art work turned out amazing.All thats left is to do the final seal coat and add the traction.The board looks so BAD A$$ I'm almost in tears.Not sure if I should let the cat out of the bag because it could turn out to be a rabbit but rumor has it there might be some soulcraft demo boards at the Texas CCC gathering. Jeff thanks for all the hard work the board turned out just how i imagined it.I cant wait to do our next project.It has been a blast working with you and you have earned all my board business in the future :respect::respect: .................................H

post-777-0-98073800-1313251095_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

That's wicked H! Looks like Soulcraft is making some real quality stuff.

I'll be ordering a custom board next spring, not sure which company will be making it yet, but I really hope there'll be some Soulcrafts at the Crew Gathering to help me decide! The best part, for me anyway, is my company just decided to pay up to $400/year towards any equipment used for physical activities! This means $400 discount on my next surfboard! Guess I have the heavier folks at my company to thank.

Can't wait to see you ripping on that sweet board!

tprice    118

Sure glad I only live 20 minutes from you H,

Can't wait to see it and try her out

Wish you had it for tomorrow as we will be taking out the big BU 247

Edited by tprice

h20king    794

Sure glad I only live 20 minutes from you H,

Can't wait to see it and try her out

Wish you had it for tomorrow as we will be taking out the big BU 247

should have it in hand some time this week and the weather looks good for next weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DrNate    426

that looks awesome H! And I hope you're right about having some boards at the gathering :) Hey, if I love it I'll buy one so it might be worth their effort. :thumbsup:

duramat    462

AWESOME LOOKING! I love it!

enzo on LI    79

That board looks awesome...love the graphic you chose. Another question though...does Soulcraft use Future Fins or do they have their own? Looking at pics trying to figure it out but not sure.

h20king    794

That board looks awesome...love the graphic you chose. Another question though...does Soulcraft use Future Fins or do they have their own? Looking at pics trying to figure it out but not sure.

They are a future fin just in a twinzer set up where the outer fin is much smaller than the inner fin