KnuckleDragger

May Picture/Video Thread

Nice, lucky to be able to get out so soon, is that towanza board that good of a ride for the price. Roy

Yes!

Both Jeff and I own one; mine 4.9, his 4.6.

The Towanza board is great, the best board I've ridden (Stred Stixx Piranha, IS Red Woody, IS Blue Lake, IS Sweet Spot, Hyperlite LandLock). It is fast, light, has good lift and recovery, etc.

I would not hesitate recommending it.

T

LakeSurfer    10

Nice, lucky to be able to get out so soon, is that towanza board that good of a ride for the price. Roy

That is actually the original FlyBoy

LakeSurfer    10

For what you would spend on that board you can have a custom board made to your specifications, with whatever graphics you want, shoot me a PM and I can help you if intrested.

That statement can be said about all of the high end IS, Shred Stixx, TWP, Ph5, etc boards. All of their pro boards are +/-$800.

I do agree with Trevor, the Ruthless is a great board.

Edited by LakeSurfer

WakeDoc    471

That is actually the original FlyBoy

The only thing that is the same is the fin setup and basic outside shape, bottom rocker etc. are different.

LakeSurfer    10

The only thing that is the same is the fin setup and basic outside shape, bottom rocker etc. are different.

What? I was just pointing out the board I was riding this morning is the FB.

WakeDoc    471

What? I was just pointing out the board I was riding this morning is the FB.

Roy was talking about the Ruthless, thought you were saying it was the original FB.

That statement can be said about all of the high end IS, Shred Stixx, TWP, Ph5, etc boards. All of their pro boards are +/-$800.

I do agree with Trevor, the Ruthless is a great board.

The difference is the actual shaper of that board can make you a version of it to whatever specs you want and you can customize it with you own artwork for about the same cost. The only other out of that list that might be able to do that is SS. Other than handing a shaper one of the boards and having them copy it, it would be very difficult to get one of the others custom made.

LakeSurfer    10

Roy was talking about the Ruthless, thought you were saying it was the original FB.

I did not see the Ruthless sitting on the sun deck. So I did not want him to think I was riding a Ruthless.

I did not see the Ruthless sitting on the sun deck. So I did not want him to think I was riding a Ruthless.

Yeah, I was assuming he was referring to my Towanza board on the swim deck while you rode....hence my comments.

T

h20king    794

Doc a one off custom board sounds right up my alley.I will hit you up for more info in the off season.....................H

DarksideR    1,679

Glad we got all that sorted out in the "Picture thread"... :innocent: MORE PICTURES!! It's pissing rain here and I'm going nuts not being able to use my boat. :wallbash:

WakeDoc    471

95ish and sunny for the entire holiday weekend here, only issue is the wind is blowing 22MPH out of the south... :shock:

elc    2

pics from earlier this year but thought they were cool

the fam and the vandall - pic c. marotta

post-104-0-84749700-1306534217_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-86096400-1306534172_thumb.jpg

Edited by elc

h20king    794

The wife and I took a drive down to the boat ramp today the river is crazy high it has not been this high in at least ten years and is in flood stage.Whats up with this weather?? today it was 87 degrees in Anchorage Alaska yet we are still in the fifties with rain.Even if the weather was to change tomorrow it would take at least three weeks for the river level to come down and the debris to clear up......................H :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

post-777-0-39372000-1306534998_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-93271000-1306535076_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

notice the water is in the parking lot and there is no ramps

post-777-0-31110900-1306535241_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-23074300-1306535283_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Port marker sign almost underwater and a submerged observation platform

post-777-0-86639000-1306535436_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-04925500-1306535452_thumb.jpg

David    0

H.. Wow that’s some chunky water.. I remember those days we spent allot of time on the river at Newburg. We made it out to Lake Billy last weekend water was 59° air was about the same.

Edited by David

h20king    794

yeah its crazy it looks like all the debris from the banks all wound up in the the launch area.Couple more feet and all the park will be underwater.It looked like it had already made it to the lot but receded at low tide....................H

post-777-0-66407600-1306536149_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

That looks awful... although, you could pull your boat right up to the picnic tables for some chow! :thumbsup:

duramat    462

The wife and I took a drive down to the boat ramp today the river is crazy high it has not been this high in at least ten years and is in flood stage.Whats up with this weather?? today it was 87 degrees in Anchorage Alaska yet we are still in the fifties with rain.Even if the weather was to change tomorrow it would take at least three weeks for the river level to come down and the debris to clear up......................H :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! All my Alaskan coworkers are telling me about the great weather they're having back home on their R&R's and I just shake my head cause of the crap rain, snow Utah has had everytime I go back home! It's BS. They're talking about ski resorts being open for the 4th of July!!