h20king

stereo upgrade wetsounds on a double up tower

h20king    794

First off let me send out a BIG THANK YOU TO WAKEDOC for hooking me up with the gear and to wetsounds for checking everything out. My new to me gear arrived today and I could not be happier with what I received I started dancing like a kid at Christmas when I opened the boxes.I am planing on starting the install tomorrow and will update as I make progress.The speakers and amp's came out of Doc's last enzo but you can not tell by looking it all looks brand new and all checked OK by wetsounds proof to me what a great product wetsounds makes.The upgrade will be to change out two amps and add the pro 485's.Couple questions before I start the install. first I am going to use an Arc audio 300.4 bridged to power the pro 485's how are the RCA connections made?? meaning do I just need one set and run it like a 2 channel amp or do I need to run an extra set??.My other question is I am changing out my interior amp as well for a ARC audio 300.4 I currently just have four interior speakers and am thinking of adding an extra set so six it total how would you wire the speakers to get the best results with this amp??Here is a couple pics of the goods to get things started............H

post-777-0-71587600-1297460542_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-62972500-1297460553_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

couple more pics cant wait to hear these things..............H

post-777-0-93033000-1297460876_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-53388300-1297460889_thumb.jpg

elc    2

Saaweet!

Carter13    69

Hmmmm, an Arc Audio in a Wetsounds box now that's a first.:thumbsup:

You will not be disappointed with the 485's. They put my 80's to shame. :realmad:

Congrats, that is going to be a bangin setup.

Edited by Carter13

h20king    794

From my understanding the boxes came from doc's new amps but I think the specs on the arc 300.4 are quite similar to those of the wetsounds syn 4 here is a u tube video I found not sure if its doc's old boat or the twin but I think both had the same set up............H

LakeSurfer    10

My dream set up!!! I heard that set up on the twin and its by far the best sounding set up. Congrats and be prepared to bring ear plugs :thumbsup:

Carter13    69

My dream set up!!! I heard that set up on the twin and its by far the best sounding set up. Congrats and be prepared to bring ear plugs :thumbsup:

$hit, anyone near is gunna need earplugs. :animier:

That setup is gunna blast A$$ and probably get H some attention from the fuzz that he isn't lookin for.

WakeDoc    471

That is a youtube of your future setup H, as a discalimer we are not responsible for ANY hearing loss contributed to the new system...:spiteful: Good to see the equipment going to a good home, look forward to seeing the install...:thumbsup:

DavidEM    1

h20king,

With the Pro485 there's nowhere else to upgrade. What are you going to do now?

David E.M.

Packrat    13

Congratulations, I can hardly wait to hear them. What's going to be the first song/band that is going to be played on them?

h20king    794

Thanks guys I am super stoked.Dave I was waiting for your response hoping you would answer my install questions.How many sets of RCA cables need to be ran to the arc 300.4 powering the 485's??? one set like a two Chanel amp or two sets because its a four Chanel amp??My other question is I have four interior speakers and am considering adding another set they will also be powered by an arc 300.4 question is how would you wire an extra set to get the pest performance with this amp???? thanks................H oh yeah next upgrade will be the boost box

h20king    794

Come on guys there has to be someone that can answer my questions I would relay like to get the install started today...........H

h20king    794

well I made some progress today the speakers are up but not wired yet as nobody stepped forward to answer my questions please see above.A couple observations the clamps are very very well made and install so far was super easy my only complaint is the speakers should come in left and right sides so the wire connection can mirror each other they are both set on the same side which makes it look a little funny in my opinion other than that I would not change anything.Here are some more pics as promised....................H

post-777-0-83944300-1297561765_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-00503600-1297561790_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Here is a short video of the old system in action I will post a video of the new and improved system for comparison when I finish the install....................H

h20king    794

Lake I have a single 12" kicker compvr in a kicker ported box it is the dual voice coil 4 ohm sub in this link

http://www.kicker.com/compvr_subboxes

I have a 2200 watt 2 channel amp bridged feeding it 900 watts RMS at 4 ohms it has been more then plenty so far my biggest dilemma now is where to mount the tower lites I'm thinking I might have to put them on the top side of the tower and have the bimini modified...........H

post-777-0-49078200-1297565598_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king