swicegk

NC FACTORY VISIT

swicegk    0

Last Wednesday September, 15th I took my boat down to the Factory in NC to have the rear seat repaired. The seat was rolling up in the corner and after speaking with Les (Centurion VP) he said they had a fix for the problem if I would be willing to pull it down to the factory. I live in Winston-Salem, NC so it is about a 3.5 hour haul but I decided to make the pull. Once I arrived at the plant I was first greeted by Les who was super friendly and eager to get my seat fixed. After meeting Les I met several of the other guys at the plant. While they were working on my boat Ward (Plant Manager) took my girlfriend and I on a tour of the plant to see how the boats are made from start to finish. During the tour it was very interesting to see how the Centruions are made. Ward the Plant manager was super nice and went out of his way to make sure I was happy with my boat. He was also extremely knowledable about the boats and answered every single question I had with detailed experitse. I felt like a King because at one time I literally had 5 guys working on my boat. Not only did they fix my seat and make it right but they also upgraded my boat with a few extras (no charge) :huh: (Stainless Swim Platform Brackets along with the Stainless Steel Polished Bling Bling Package.) I already had the bling bling package on my boat but it wasn't the Stainless Polished. I arrived at the Factory that morning at 9 AM and pulled out around 12 PM. I cannot speak highly enough about the service I recieved while at the plant. Les and Ward both went well out of there way to make sure I was a satisfied Centruion owner.

swicegk    0

Yes Me too! I was told that Centruion plans on coming back to NC when production gets back up in the CA plant. Who knows when that will be.

tank222    2

I wish I could just drop my boat off there and have it refreshed. It deffintaly needs it.

Last Wednesday September, 15th I took my boat down to the Factory in NC to have the rear seat repaired. The seat was rolling up in the corner and after speaking with Les (Centurion VP) he said they had a fix for the problem if I would be willing to pull it down to the factory. I live in Winston-Salem, NC so it is about a 3.5 hour haul but I decided to make the pull. Once I arrived at the plant I was first greeted by Les who was super friendly and eager to get my seat fixed. After meeting Les I met several of the other guys at the plant. While they were working on my boat Ward (Plant Manager) took my girlfriend and I on a tour of the plant to see how the boats are made from start to finish. During the tour it was very interesting to see how the Centruions are made. Ward the Plant manager was super nice and went out of his way to make sure I was happy with my boat. He was also extremely knowledable about the boats and answered every single question I had with detailed experitse. I felt like a King because at one time I literally had 5 guys working on my boat. Not only did they fix my seat and make it right but they also upgraded my boat with a few extras (no charge) :thumbsup: (Stainless Swim Platform Brackets along with the Stainless Steel Polished Bling Bling Package.) I already had the bling bling package on my boat but it wasn't the Stainless Polished. I arrived at the Factory that morning at 9 AM and pulled out around 12 PM. I cannot speak highly enough about the service I recieved while at the plant. Les and Ward both went well out of there way to make sure I was a satisfied Centruion owner.

I too have been to the factory a few times and you are right! They do go out of there way to make you feel welcome and like family. It is sad they are transferring to CA for a while, but they are leaving the molds in NC and I think Ward will be sticking around to handle any issues that might come up until everything is moved - minus the molds. Can't wait for them to get back or move to Atlanta GA!!!! :thumbsup:

Kevin Baugh    78

I have owned 5 or 6 I lose track Centurions built by Les & Company at the NC plant and they have been great boats It sucks to see a great plant close!....lets hope they can reopen sooon

enzo101mo    98

You know I was thinking (this could be dangerous) Centurion should do a video of the factory process from the begining to the end and steps that go into building a boat. This video would be a great sales addition aproch. How many of us boat owner seen a boat factory in production? Dealers can play the video to there customers and see how it comes together and the quality that goes into it.

I don't think other boat builders do that and feel that would be a big plus for Centurion.

LakeSurfer    10
You know I was thinking (this could be dangerous) Centurion should do a video of the factory process from the begining to the end and steps that go into building a boat. This video would be a great sales addition aproch. How many of us boat owner seen a boat factory in production? Dealers can play the video to there customers and see how it comes together and the quality that goes into it.

I don't think other boat builders do that and feel that would be a big plus for Centurion.

Actually, a lot of the manufacturers give you a factory tour on their websites. Centurion is one of the few that does not. I agree with you, I think they are pretty cool and show how much care is used in building each boat. Here are just a few.

Sanger: http://www.sangerboats.com/craftsmanship.html

Tige: http://tige.com/tour

Nati: http://www.nautique.com/about/factorytour/

MC: http://www.mastercraft.com/qai/parse/const...ion/enviroment/

Supra: http://www.supraboats.com/construction/

Bu: http://www.malibuboats.com/company/tour

Big Po    1

Hey Enzo...I think that would be an awesome idea. And once they see the care and attention to detail they put into building their boats, and the top-quality materials they put into them, I think that would be a major selling point. I know if I had never joined this forum, and had never done a whole lot of reasearch (like most don't), and just walked into the dealer, I would want to know what separates Centurion from majority of the rest.

Hey Enzo...I think that would be an awesome idea. And once they see the care and attention to detail they put into building their boats, and the top-quality materials they put into them, I think that would be a major selling point. I know if I had never joined this forum, and had never done a whole lot of reasearch (like most don't), and just walked into the dealer, I would want to know what separates Centurion from majority of the rest.

Easy. Price and name.

LakeSurfer    10
Easy. Price and name.

It use to be price, but not any more. The new dealer in DFW just listed a 2010 Avy for $69K, 230 for $77K and 240 $79K. With that pricing, you are now the MC, BU, Nati price range. All I can say is WOW. I am not saying the Centurion quality is not their, but for that amount of $ you owe it to yourself to look around. My biggest problem is that my new Centurion dealer is now 1.5 hrs away. However, I have a Supra, Nati, Bu dealers 10 min and Tige and MC 30 min away. You guys all know I need a good local dealer because I dont own a wrench :thumbsup:

LakeSurfer, my Centurion dealer is about an hour to and hour half away from me too here in Atlanta. Yet, I have a Malibu dealer next door to where I keep my boat and my neighbor works there. So I get all my oil, basic parts, whatever from them. It just makes good sense to drive 5 minutes vs and hour for a QT of oil.

desotodave    0
It use to be price, but not any more. The new dealer in DFW just listed a 2010 Avy for $69K, 230 for $77K and 240 $79K. With that pricing, you are now the MC, BU, Nati price range. All I can say is WOW. I am not saying the Centurion quality is not their, but for that amount of $ you owe it to yourself to look around. My biggest problem is that my new Centurion dealer is now 1.5 hrs away. However, I have a Supra, Nati, Bu dealers 10 min and Tige and MC 30 min away. You guys all know I need a good local dealer because I dont own a wrench :thumbsup:

HAH!!! Add $30K to each of those prices and you will get the price our NEW local deal is "selling" them for.

LakeSurfer    10
HAH!!! Add $30K to each of those prices and you will get the price our NEW local deal is "selling" them for.

I cant wait until the 2011 prices come out. My guess is that they will be in line with you Dave. Either way, it is a TON of $. For that kind of $, I want a dealer that has been around forever and is focused on V-Drive boats. My new Centurion dealer also has motorcycles, ATV, dirt bikes, etc. I believe it is the 3rd or 4th Centurion dealer in Dallas in last 10 years. However, the Supra/Nati/Bu dealers are going on 25+ years and they are all the #1 dealer of their respective brands in the U.S.

Like I have said several times before, I really was happy when I could think of Centurion as best boat for the $. But again, spending $85K on a boat is very hard for me, regardless of the brand.

enzo101mo    98

In these times I can't see why or how boat companies rasing any prices when people are fighting to make their monthly house payment and the boating industry is in the sink hole.(closing Factory) There doing the same thing as Auto builders start putting more crap aboard. For example Pro- vision, Mali-vision, Nauti-vision all add higher cost to the boat. If anything they need to leave the prices the same as the year before. I bought my Enzo230 in 05 for 60,000. now it close to 80,000 DAAAA.... When is the last time you bought a $ 70,000. car? I am sorry but there is more Material that goes into a auto. than there is in building a boat. Gel-coat in a Jello mold, one engine, Half a dash with gauges, steering wheel, windshield, Carpeting and seating.

I also thought prices go up do to supply and demand, If I was a boat company I leaves the prices where they stand and let the others raise theirs and see who comes on top.

But don't get me wrong I love boating and love my boat. :thumbsup:

duffymahoney    10

Well hopefully this makes selling my 2003 Avy easier! Plus I can get closer to full book price for it, if the boat is 70k new now! HAHAHA

Well hopefully this makes selling my 2003 Avy easier! Plus I can get closer to full book price for it, if the boat is 70k new now! HAHAHA

Duffy is onto something here! If prices do go up, then you can almost get what you paid for your boat a few years down the line. So if the Avy goes up to say $120K five years from now at the rate it is going now, I could very easy sell my boat for $60K and make money! Perfect dream!

Troy    234
Duffy is onto something here! If prices do go up, then you can almost get what you paid for your boat a few years down the line. So if the Avy goes up to say $120K five years from now at the rate it is going now, I could very easy sell my boat for $60K and make money! Perfect dream!

That is the way I was looking at the rising prices. :thumbsup: I try to look on the bright side when I can.

Big Po    1

Name.....Definitely. Price.......Not anymore. My local Centurion dealer (the one I bought my Enzo from), was selling 2010 Avy's (85% loaded) for $77,000 since the beginning of the year. They are still selling left-over '09 Avy's (same packages) "on sale" for $67,000, and folks eat them up!!!

Big Po    1
In these times I can't see why or how boat companies rasing any prices when people are fighting to make their monthly house payment and the boating industry is in the sink hole.(closing Factory) There doing the same thing as Auto builders start putting more crap aboard. For example Pro- vision, Mali-vision, Nauti-vision all add higher cost to the boat. If anything they need to leave the prices the same as the year before. I bought my Enzo230 in 05 for 60,000. now it close to 80,000 DAAAA.... When is the last time you bought a $ 70,000. car? I am sorry but there is more Material that goes into a auto. than there is in building a boat. Gel-coat in a Jello mold, one engine, Half a dash with gauges, steering wheel, windshield, Carpeting and seating.

I also thought prices go up do to supply and demand, If I was a boat company I leaves the prices where they stand and let the others raise theirs and see who comes on top.

But don't get me wrong I love boating and love my boat. :thumbsup:

I agree completely!!! I don't see why they are raising their prices??? It's just gonna make people start looking more at other brands in the same price range.

Like you said, they used to be the same quality product for much less money........That to me would be an awesome selling point.

It almost appears to be greedy on Centurions part.