h20king

August picture thread

h20king    794

just a couple things I notice right off that other crew members shared with me it appearers in the pics you have your weight on the rear foot which puts on the brakes you want your weight a little more centered on the board so try moving your rear foot foreword and put your weight on your toes also point the tip of your board at the corner of the boat with these tips that others on the crew shared with me I am rope less and making progress every time out the push is there you just have to figure out how to use it also not sure of your weight but a bigger board might also be in order I think there is a blue lake in the classifieds hope this helps................H

Edited by h20king

Kevin Baugh    78

what he said!

Are you saying those pictures are wth 1500 lbs :thumbsup:

I dont see the wake that should be there at that speed and weight??

Edited by Kevin Baugh

h20king    794

good point Kevin I don't run that much ballast my current set up is about 1200 lbs in water ballast and another 200 LBS of lead plus the switchblade on 5 do you ride in a lake or a river??

Bigcatpt    408

Like H said.... FRONT FOOT, FRONT FOOT, FRONT FOOT. Thats what I am always yelling at my new riders!!! :thumbsup:

Here are my 3 tips I give all new riders:

1. Point the board at the back corner of the boat. If the point of board is pointed outside of the boat you will not catch the wave.

2. But rope in front hand, reach out and put rear hand on the top of the wave and gently brush the top of the wave.

3. Get your weight on your front foot and especially over the toes of your front foot.

If you get these 3 things right you will come zooming toward the boat. It seems unnatural to put all the weight on the front foot but once you feel it you will understand! If you still have no push and you have not yet pearled the front of the board underwater than you are still on your rear foot!

If I have someone still having trouble getting on the front foot I challenge them to try and sink the front of the board underwater. Usually they all of sudden catch the wave and forget about sinking the tip of the board.

Hope that helps!

enzo on LI    79

I too have a coex, but my wife who is much smaller than either of us (I am guessing), is the only one I have seen make it work. Too small for me (190lbs) behind my enzo with enzo sac and a med size crew. Its a nice board but slow. Recommend slightly bigger board. I have and Obrien Alias and it works great, especially for the money. And oh yeah...more front foot and maybe a tick slower til you catch on. Good luck

duramat    462
These are from last week

post-856-1282757991_thumb.jpg

post-856-1282758021_thumb.jpg

post-856-1282758058_thumb.jpg

post-856-1282758096_thumb.jpg

post-856-1282758132_thumb.jpg

post-856-1282758165_thumb.jpg

post-856-1282758205_thumb.jpg

Again, I find myself in awe with your pics

duramat    462
Shuswap Lake, BC

August, 2010

So I just got some funny looks in the airport for laughing my gut off. Funny vid bro!

David    0

I am no expert, I noticed that the boat it turning slightly to the left. That will kill your push, make sure the boat is going strait or even a slight turn the right. I have also noticed a difference between going into the wind versus with the wind. Area you getting any slack at all?

twomankayak    1

Those pictures are with 1500 lbs+ of ballast and 500 pounds of people in the boat.

Thanks for all the recommendations gang it has been extremely helpfull. We have it set for my 160 pound son at and he was free surfing all weekend long. This weekend I had 750 in port locker, 750 on port seat, 150 on observer seat, 230 on port factory, , and 1000 pounds of mobile people ballast of which 150-180 pounds were on the swim platform. I still have 2 x 260 sacs I am not using. I had my 160 pound son moving from the swim platform to sitting on the port bag to the bow.

OK a couple of things I have surfed without rope behind a Malibu Wakesetter with 2,000 pounds of ballast and an Epic also with 2,000. So I know what it should feel like.

What I am hearing new is take the back foot off the stomp plate - have tried that - have moved my feet all over the board behind my boat no joy. Have played with speed from 9.5 - 12.5. Have played with weight in bow and not in bow (only on port side though). Had more than 2,000 of ballast and 1,000 of people in boat this weekend and moved people and ballast around. Went with starboard side factory 230 all full, half full, and empty. Rode on the COEX and the CWB Ride.

My wife is loathe to drive with much more weight in the boat, but....

On bow ballast should I look at lead like a few have recommended? Center bow position or under port seat or go with water sac perpendicular to the long axis?

Also my boat does not have the Wake Plate - I have center trim tab only and Centurion told me to run that 0 when surfing.

twomankayak    1
So I just got some funny looks in the airport for laughing my gut off. Funny vid bro!

That is a funny funny funny video.

What does a wet Big Foot smell like?

twomankayak    1
I am no expert, I noticed that the boat it turning slightly to the left. That will kill your push, make sure the boat is going strait or even a slight turn the right. I have also noticed a difference between going into the wind versus with the wind. Area you getting any slack at all?

We are on a lake. That's the first time I've heard the issue on the turning toward starboard. Normally with the littler guys we just do large 2 mile left hand turn loops. Will try that this weekend. Thank you brother.

And again thanks to everyone on here from prop suggestions, ballast suggestions, etc. This has been an invaluable resource!!!

We have 60 hours even on the boat and want to hit 70+ before we call it a season.

twomankayak    1
just a couple things I notice right off that other crew members shared with me it appearers in the pics you have your weight on the rear foot which puts on the brakes you want your weight a little more centered on the board so try moving your rear foot foreword and put your weight on your toes also point the tip of your board at the corner of the boat with these tips that others on the crew shared with me I am rope less and making progress every time out the push is there you just have to figure out how to use it also not sure of your weight but a bigger board might also be in order I think there is a blue lake in the classifieds hope this helps................H

Thanks brother. I weigh in at a svelte 195 pounds. I have a 63 inch CWB Ride that I ride as well. Would people recommend an even larger board?

I am half tempted to try my 11 foot Broadscope SUP and paddle into the surf!!! Just kidding....or am I?

Another issue is the swim platform really gouging into the water. This weekend at rest it was entirely submerged by a good 2+ inches and the fresh water flush was completely submerged.

In the picture we put a 260 on top of the 750 in the rear locker (to get a 1000) and a partially filled 750 on the seat to get 500 + the factory port completely full and the factory starboard 1/2 full.

h20king    794

Bro there comes a point of diminished returns with ballast on our hulls try a 750 in the locker mid tank full a 400 on the seat and put a couple people in the bow in the pics your wave appears washed out and does not seem to have formed as I said before I am ruining less ballast than you and there is no comparison between our waves I like 10.8 on the gps looks like your speed is to slow in the pics do you have stargazer or just the wakeboard pro?? I know that you don't have a blade but would think a little extra water ballast than I am ruining will give you similar results also forget about all the wakeboard company's surf boards and buy you and your son a real wakesurf board I would recommend the inland surfer blue lake that way you can share it you will be happy with the difference it is much faster and more buoyant I promise you will not regret it.................H

im not sure about the falcons, but maybe you need a longer rope, it looks like youre not in the pocket.

my rope is about 22 feet from tower to my right hand and i can get back to the front of the wave with only about 1500 total ballast in my avy.

but yeah, do what the others said about the ballast.

seems to me you have more than enough to give you a massive wave, its just a matter of finding the perfect amount of ballast with the right speed.

Those pictures are with 1500 lbs+ of ballast and 500 pounds of people in the boat.

Thanks for all the recommendations gang it has been extremely helpfull. We have it set for my 160 pound son at and he was free surfing all weekend long. This weekend I had 750 in port locker, 750 on port seat, 150 on observer seat, 230 on port factory, , and 1000 pounds of mobile people ballast of which 150-180 pounds were on the swim platform. I still have 2 x 260 sacs I am not using. I had my 160 pound son moving from the swim platform to sitting on the port bag to the bow.

OK a couple of things I have surfed without rope behind a Malibu Wakesetter with 2,000 pounds of ballast and an Epic also with 2,000. So I know what it should feel like.

What I am hearing new is take the back foot off the stomp plate - have tried that - have moved my feet all over the board behind my boat no joy. Have played with speed from 9.5 - 12.5. Have played with weight in bow and not in bow (only on port side though). Had more than 2,000 of ballast and 1,000 of people in boat this weekend and moved people and ballast around. Went with starboard side factory 230 all full, half full, and empty. Rode on the COEX and the CWB Ride.

My wife is loathe to drive with much more weight in the boat, but....

On bow ballast should I look at lead like a few have recommended? Center bow position or under port seat or go with water sac perpendicular to the long axis?

Also my boat does not have the Wake Plate - I have center trim tab only and Centurion told me to run that 0 when surfing.

I've found that if i have more than 1200 pounds towards the rear that it really helps to have some bow weight in the falcon. Others may be set up differently but I think it actually has better push with the bow weight. If you get too much in the rear then the wave is big but tends to get washed out. I don't think it really matters a whole lot where the bow ballast is placed. I've moved bags all over and didn't notice much difference. I've recently installed an integrated bow sac (under the seats) which is a U shape so it adds weight all across the nose. I've liked it so far and it keeps the seats free if you want to put a person up there as well. The bow sac doesn't fill to capacity due to the small bow of the falcon but I think it still adds about 350-400 lbs.

Sounds like you've been able to get a decent wave. I think you're doing the right thing by trying out different setups. You'll find your favorite soon. And sometimes you'll want to change it up a bit depending on how big of a crew you have anyway. For what it is worth. I've just started throwing the rope this year and I had a really hard time riding without the rope on my CWB Ride. Once I got on the Inland Surfer blue lake and Squirt things came MUCH easier. Like others have said, you'll love the blue lake at your size. I'd say sell that COEX and CWB and pick up a used blue lake. That board is popular enough that you can tend to find good used ones for relatively cheap.