tank222

Age Of Boat Owners/Members.

tank222    2

Just wondering the age of most the boat owners on this site, I've been looking at alot of pictures and videos latley and it just seems that every one is alot older than me. Just wondering I'll start.

23 I turn 24 in October.

Big Po    1

I'm 24. I too, have noticed the same thing.

srhoffman    0

31 but feel 50 after this weekend...although it reminded me why I hate tubing...

Bigcatpt    408

I was a poor college student until late in my 20's, then paid off student loans, then bought a house. Did not buy my first inboard/outboard boat til I was 32 years old and then finally got my dream boat at 37. Now I'm 40.

I would have loved to have a comp towboat in my early 20's but my education and buying a house was WAY more important.

duffymahoney    10

I have been very lucky and work very hard to have my boat. This is my 3rd inboard and I have made money on all of them and worked my way up to my 2003. I also own a home, but I would say the bank owns most of it:)

Kevin Baugh    78

53 at least for another month but I feal like I am 30 or maybe 40 :thumbsup::wallbash:

bcollins    18

Damn, I am old compared to you guys. 36, married, two kids...thanks for the reminder. Just kidding, it's great actually because I have an entire family to enjoy the boat, watching my kids/nephews wakeboard/surf, can finally afford to pay for the cr@p I want (for the most part), don't have to ask for gas money, don't care that I look like a kook when I wear a helmet, etc, etc. Unfotunately, now it feels like i got run over by a truck the next morning after a bad fall.

I think typically you're going to get an older crowd here is because we're, at least I am, tired of the immaturity over on the wakeworld site. You ask a basic question and two posts later is some kid telling you suck and that you should ride an old skurfer or some gear head asking why you're so stupid and that clearly it's the fuel pump sensor pressure regulator cell thingamajigy, hunh?

Also, us older folks aren't persuaded as much by brand name and look for a quality product at a reasonable price so we don't care at all the negativity towards centurion boats or more specific non mastercraft, correct craft, malibu, etc. Plus centurions are made for surfing and that's what you do when you start getting the senior discount.

tank222    2
I was a poor college student until late in my 20's, then paid off student loans, then bought a house. Did not buy my first inboard/outboard boat til I was 32 years old and then finally got my dream boat at 37. Now I'm 40.

I would have loved to have a comp towboat in my early 20's but my education and buying a house was WAY more important.

Lucky I graduated high school when I was 17 and stated college 4 months later. I've worked my tush off and still do for every thing I have. I got my boat for a deal that people dream of that's the only reason I have one and luckly own it. I never even had the intentions of buying a boat or wake boarding just kinda fell into it. The buying the house thing isnt really for me yet I change my mind way to much to be straped down to one place for a while.

rizza32    0

I am 32 now. My avy is my third boat. Bought my first boat a Mobius when I was 20 or 21. Seems like all my jobs are pretty cooperative with my water time. 21 yo bartender with daytime off worked pretty well when I was younger.

Bigcatpt    408

Just re-read my own post. I did not mean to make it sound like you young bucks are doing it all wrong. I would have loved to have a towboat much earlier in life. It just wasn't in the cards. Good for you guys for making it happen! :wallbash::unworthy::thumbsup:

Bigcatpt    408
it just seems that every one is alot older than me.

And thanks for calling me old!!! :thumbsup::wallbash: LMAO

duramat    462

Today's post sponsored by Motrin, diclofenac, metamucil, Alive, Icy Hot, and ResMed breathing contraptions:

36, going on 20. 14 years of marriage and 5 kids later we needed something for family activities

Bigcatpt    408
Today's post sponsored by Motrin, diclofenac, metamucil, Alive, Icy Hot, and ResMed breathing contraptions:

Dura thats funny!!! Vitamin I (ibuprofin) is my friend!

Wiggles    2

I'm 32 this is my first inboard I have owned now since June 07, we have had boats in the family for as long as i can remember but always I/O's, I have a 7 yr old from previous marriage, but I am happy to say I just got engaged on monday!!! We love to use our boat and is probably our main thing we do together any day there is sunshine!!!

bcollins    18
5 kids later

Wow, want two more? Still trying to give mine away. PITAs as my wife would say. Seriously though kids are great but 5, you crazy.

Congrats Wiggles!

Edited by bcollins

islander033    2

Hello, my name is Dennis and it's been 4 days since the last time I've use my Centurion. It's not like I'm trying to quit or anything like that.....stoopid weather :wallbash:

Either way, I'm 38 but I only feel like I'm 37.5...lol.

Congrats Wiggles!........Don't do it!!..... Stay free!!!......:innocent:

I'm 42 but love to play, a kid a heart I guess. Work hard, play hard.

Married 16+, 2 kids 13 & 11 and enjoy having the family on the boat. 2nd inboard, 5th? boat...maybe more.

I think bcollins had some good points. Far less drama here. Not a poke at anyone of any age, just seems like many good people here that enjoy their boats.

T

Big Po    1

Yes, congrats Wiggles on the engagement.

Bigcat. No offense taken. Although I am still at that age where I'm full of....what's that the old folks say....Ah yes, "piss and vinegar". LOL!

I think it's great all the advice that I read on here. Most of yall really seem to have a level head, and don't mind helping others....That's the kind of support that everyone should have.

I do have a very different opportunity than most for being able to buy a boat. I just recently paid off my massive truck loan (which feels extraordinary!), and I guess I just love putting myself in debt. LOL

It's not that I wouldn't love to buy a couple years old super nice professional inboard towboat for like $20K......but let's face it, that's not gonna happen until pigs fly... That's the only reason I am wanting to make 1 purchase that will last for many many years. Mainly why I'm looking at high dollar boats.

Edited by Big Po

tank222    2
I'm 32 this is my first inboard I have owned now since June 07, we have had boats in the family for as long as i can remember but always I/O's, I have a 7 yr old from previous marriage, but I am happy to say I just got engaged on monday!!! We love to use our boat and is probably our main thing we do together any day there is sunshine!!!

Congrats dude i'm engaged as well getting married on 10-10-10.

Po I hear you on the massive truck payments I have one to. I'm alomst over it, I might sell it and buy some thing that doesnt cost me 600 dollars a month well more like 1000 after insurance and parts that i'm always breaking.

Edited by tank222