desotodave    0

The wakeworld link and commentary are not mine. They were from a customer of this Mastercraft dealership who was in town and was surprised at the price. I did see the boats at the local boat show, and that indeed was what they were asking for the boats (Boat Show Special) I was flabbergasted as my bro in law had just bought a Brand New 09 less than 6 months previous and I knew what he had payed. I asked the sales person what kind of deal they could make on these boats, and their comment was the Boat Show Special was the best price they would sell the boat for all year! No additional discounts were available. The only differences between this boat and by bro in laws was it was a 2010 rather than 2009, the PCM engine, the new tower, different Gel Coat scheme and digital dash (and that includes the different perfect pass system). Otherwise they were set-up identical.

WakeDoc    471

So we are going on hear say on WW, I find it really hard to believe that the guy on WW was told $104K for a boat and you were told the same thing at the boat show and if it is true (I am in no way saying it is not) then I suspect they will not be selling a lot of boats.

Spud    7

Well one thing I will throw in is now that KK is gone, Centurion is their own distributor and the quality of some of the product is much better. I am sure there will be some issues to work out over the next couple of seasons until things get dialed in, but Centurion I believe is moving forward and I am starting to see a lot more of them around on the water and being towed through town. I have been in MC's and Tige's, and I don't see where they are getting their prices from. I just witnessed and 23 LSV at the ramp that wouldn't start, and cruised up to a Xstar later that day that had it's hood up and the owner didn't want help from a Centurion owner, fine by me bro... People use to laugh at my snap out carpet in my Elite, now Bu rolls it. This is a competitive industry, and I think Centurion is a competitor, what you pay is how you do it. You can be the one that walks in and says I want that red car because my daughter likes it and cut a check, or you can wheel, deal and score based on your knowledge and time of purchase, imo. When I bought my first Centurion, I looked at Moomba, Sanger and Supreme and hands down liked the Centurion far more from just sitting in it. Yeah people have scored great deal in the past few months due to the economy and such, but when I bought my Elite in '06 for 40k, Avy's were selling for 55k + and that was 4 years ago. I'm not saying I'm stoked on the new price jump, but the more we want the more $$$ stacks up i.e. quad + ballast, pro vis, swing racks w/ surf, tabs & blades, dams, bow cushion etc... Like Doc said about trucks, work w/ diesel 33k, add the bells and whistles 50k. I'm done.

desotodave    0

Okay, I just ran over to the dealership over lunch (despite my vows to not walk in there again, long story goes back to when I bought a Mastercraft from them). They only had 1 Enzo on the floor, and it was not loaded. You needed to add switchblade, sideswipe, shower, covers to be what they had at the show. I shot a quick picture of the price they are asking. Sorry I missed some of it, but was trying to be discreet. One thing I thought was interesting, they are charging $1,875 for the Centurion Warranty. If you want to take of the $1,875 then you get no warranty.

I believe the whole point of this thread is not an argument about whether dealers are asking $100k for Enzo's, but shock at how fast Centurion prices are going up during our current economic meltdown. Just does not seem like the best timing. Granted this could easily be a localized situation, and other dealers around the nation could have wildly different pricing structures. Doc, this is why I asked what you were seeing as we all know you are in the process of buying a boat, and we have heard you rave on and on about your dealer and how they have taken care of you, especially following the accident.

post-747-1272565848_thumb.jpg

Spud    7

I can still take $6800.00 and cut that to about $2500.00 just off that lower list of options. We are the ones who run prices up by wanting trailer dressings and over priced stock stereos.

desotodave    0
I can still take $6800.00 and cut that to about $2500.00 just off that lower list of options. We are the ones who run prices up by wanting trailer dressings and over priced stock stereos.

I understand that. When I got my boat I just wanted a great boat and did not care about things like a fancy trailer.

But, if you remember, what I was using as a comparison was by Bro-in-laws boat that he bought back in September. I was comparing the options that he had on his boat (EVERYTHING) and what he paid, and comparing that to what the new local dealer is asking. I know he got a great deal, but comparing what he paid to the new one for DOUBLE the price does not make sense to me. Like I mentioned above the only real differences are year, engine, and dash.

It may just be a case of the Mastercraft dealer is used to getting full MSRP plus! on their boats and is trying to do the same with the centurions. If so, I agree with Doc sales will be few and far between.

duramat    462
So we are going on hear say on WW, I find it really hard to believe that the guy on WW was told $104K for a boat and you were told the same thing at the boat show and if it is true (I am in no way saying it is not) then I suspect they will not be selling a lot of boats.

Reference to this thread: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778637

duramat    462

Back in 06/07 When I was looking at boats I walked in (UWS) and asked how much pricing was on a a 21' MasterRaft and and I was quoted in the high 70's for the floor model. I about choked, and made comment that "theyre quite proud of them arnt they?" I spent half of that for a great model of the Centurion Line and in my opinion I made a good decision. Well every model of masterRaft they currently have, has a sticker of 100K plus. My personal opinion is that there will always be some rich dumb idiot who will spend whatever amount so he can say he has the best. MasterRaft fills that market perfectly. Centurion to me is for the common sense guy who gets a fair priced product that outperforms the others and at the end of the day the owner can point, laugh, and say

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

These new prices reflect that this product is not for a common guy. Nor can I good faith tell someone to spend that kind of coin. For one, Im obviously white trash (I must be if I like Simpsons) since I couldnt even afford the new pricing for what they currently want.

Spud    7

I believe the only reason they sold a lot of boats recently was because of the cost knock off for liqs and repos. Does anyone have matched prices from anywhere else ?? I'm just not buying a 100k Enzo price yet, but I do understand some kind of a price raise. This is starting to hurt my brain.

islander033    2
...These new prices reflect that this product is not for a common guy. Nor can I good faith tell someone to spend that kind of coin. For one, Im obviously white trash (I must be if I like Simpsons) since I couldnt even afford the new pricing for what they currently want.

You and me both brother.

Carter13    69

Let me start off by saying I have been on Tigeowners.com for 4 years and have nothing but good things to say about Talltigeowner who is the guy that started the thread on WW.

He is a straight shooter and has never tried to blow smoke up anyones A$$.

I have to say that Centurion is not the only NON top three builder to hike up the prices beyond the normal blue collar guy making $50,000+ annually.

Tige has rocketed their prices as well. I saw a 2010 boat show price of $88,000 for an RZ2 back East on Tigeowners, list was $100,000. That same boat here in Oregon will cost you $68,000. Now maybe the East coast boat had a nicer trailer and I can't say for sure. I can tell you that both boats had the same Wetsounds setup which comes stock.

So my question is what makes up the $20,000 difference? The only conclusion I came to was that the dealer thought they could STROKE the buyers for some extra dough.

Personally I am totally taken aback at these prices of $70,000+.

I DON'T want a blinged out trailer. I DON'T want a F'ing lame A$$ comupter screen to give me the read outs, the standard guages do just fine for the 4 months that I boat. I DON'T want a stereo of any kind, I will choose that myself thank you.

Look at it this way, how would you like it if every car manufacturer put a NAVIGATION and BLING wheels on their vehicles and JACKED up the prices $5000 on the list price? I wouldn't.

I have read countless threads on three different websites about boat owners complaining about these ridiculous prices and the dealers replying that we are wanting all these upgrades for their boats and trailers. I have never been asked by a dealer what I would like to see or what I would be willing to pay?

Personally I would like to see every boat manufacturer bleed if they think they can sell an intro boat for $60,000+ and think they can rob us of $80,000 and up for their bigger boats more equipped boats. We as consumers need to SCREAM at the manufacturers and tell them that they are out of line with their prices.

I am done with this rant. Duramat, Lakesurfer and H you did great with the price's on your new boats. I chose to buy a used repo and beat you all but she has battle scars. :wallbash:

Edited by Carter13

duramat    462

CARTER FOR PRESIDENT! Well said, well said :wallbash::):unworthy:

CARTER FOR PRESIDENT! Well said, well said :wallbash::):unworthy:

Duramat -

You might specify which "CARTER" for President - Carter13, Jimmy (#39) or his brother Billy.

I REALLY do not want to see anymore of Jimmy Carter! :)

(I thought Politics would be better than complaining about boat prices)

:surfing2:

Joe B    17

Really Centurion has lost it's way IMO. It was a great value boat in it's small segment of Tige, Centurion, Sanger, MB. Nauti,MC,Bu are the top end. And Moomba being the price point. I didn't put Supra in there since I think they are lower than the big 3, but used to price themselves above our segment.

Now if you build your customer base with a middle of the road, good value boat; when you try to jump to the top tier, you lose a big chunk of your customer base. I think centurion is shooting itself in the foot here. They should have built one boat, maybe new hull or special edition surf enzo and blinged the heck out of it and make it a show piece to say they could play with the top 3. A very small few loyal customers able to make the jump in price would have picked up these boats and help make Centurion cross-over very slowly. Jacking up the price across your entire line is stupid. The Falcon should have stayed the same price even if their costs went up. Add in the recession and Kal Customs mess with repos and overproducing and it's just very bad timing. You gotta have an entry-level boat to get people hooked.

Short story: when I compared cars when shopping I could get the new lexus for $30k or the caddie that lists for $36k but you have to haggle the heck out of it but could be had for $28k. I got the Lexus cause really I know everyone paid about the same price and depreciation won't be all over the place. Boats are an even bigger haggling game and some might not know you can get $20k off an Enzo so they get the Moomba XLV for $2k off and are happy - but they never asked...

The Falcon V should start at $36k and nicely equipped for $40k. Post that there is no discounts. I bet more people wouldn't feel like they got bent over by the salesman. Everyone makes a resonable percentage and are happy and can stay in business.

desotodave    0

From what I have observed boat dealers are all over the board when it comes to pricing their boats, and how they make their money. Some dealers have huge multi-million dollar palaces that they sell their vehicles out of and others barely have a roof over their head. Personally, I don't give a rip what the dealership looks like, but rather how they treat the customer. Secondly, I know that many dealers make money SELLING BOATS. Others make their money in the SERVICE department (car dealerships make a large portion of their income in parts and service nowdays). Then others sell boats, but make most of their money SELLING GEAR. The former dealer here in Utah's dealership was kind of out of the way, and not very fancy. They give great service, great prices on boats, and made most of their money selling GEAR. The new MC/Centurion dealership has a PALACE in the busy part of Salt lake, has almost NO GEAR for sale, and I don't know about their service department. So I am assuming they make ALL their money SELLING BOATS.

As a corporation like Centurion how in the world do you manage how your dealers run their individual businesses? You really can't. I think what this will lead to is you will find some dealers around the country getting known for having good prices. You will find the educated buyer will shop around and maybe drive several states away to save some real money versus buying from their local guys. Then you will have others who walk in, see a high price and just go elsewhere!

Now, if you are Centurion and see that the same size Mastercraft boat is selling for $40,000 to $60,000 more than your boat wouldn't you be tempted to say to yourself "WOW looks like I am leaving a ton of cash on the table" and try to go upmarket? It sounds like a great idea, but if you have a reputation as a Chevy (good car reasonable price) and you decide that next year you are going to take your same existing line of cars, put in a new engine, guages, fancy paint and compete with FERRARI who is going to buy it?

Not sure what all that means, other than I believe we are going to see many more changes in the forseeable future with Centurion and all other boat manufacturers, and I am sure that I WILL NOT like some of the changes.

Spud    7

This is getting repetitive... I know when I bought my Elite in '06, people were buying from Mission Rv in Paso from other states such as Oregon, Wash, and Nevada because Adam had such great deals and shipping was still cheaper than if bought locally. This whole thread is going off of a MC dealer in Utah and nobody has posted prices they have seen from other states. It's hard for me to rant and rave over something that has no comparison. I agree with carter13, and like I posted I could shave 5k off that build sheet by not wanting over priced stereo and trailer bling. As far as boat show prices, it's hook line and sinker they only have a few loaded out models on the floor, and if you do research and homework you can go back to a dealer and shave even more $$$... If people are just going to sign paperwork and finance a 100k boat, then we all know what happens right ?? Basic economics...

Oh yeah, Dura your not Whiskey Tango bro :guitar: , your a smart consumer !!

enzo101mo    98

It's all up to the dealer what price he puts on that boat. The dealer purchases the boat from the Centurion and only pays the interest on the cost of the boat not the purchase price. (this is call flooring) The dealer pays off the boat after it sold. For example the dealer pays wholesale of 45,000.00 for new Enzo SV230 then he figures his overhead and profit he wants to make 30% which his P/O $ 13,500.00 totaling sticker price $ 58,500.00.

I know as Spud said Adam Of Mission Marine in Paso Robles, CA. last year had fully loaded Enzos SV230 for 54,000.00 I feel that these dealer have boat sitting on the floor for longer period than they were planning to keep them and that interest is pilling pulling money out of his pocket so He raises the boat price to make up the difference

For the warranty I think he is selling an extra extended warranty separte from Centurions warranty so he makes a little more profit and he does the warranty at his shop.

My Brother bought a new 2010 Enzo with provission in July 2009 paid around $ 75,000.00 and that was in Lake Martin Russell Marine Alabama

Spud    7

I think the ext warranty is through Mercruiser, and now PCM right? I don't think Centurion offers an ext warranty.

islander033    2
... This whole thread is going off of a MC dealer in Utah and nobody has posted prices they have seen from other states. It's hard for me to rant and rave over something that has no comparison. ......

Not an entirely true statement. This thread was started by "sale prices" I observed at my dealership in Edmonton AB that I thought were very high...... :thumbsup:

Spud    7

My bad then...