Simon    0

I have decided to buy a Centurion. I was looking at the 23 Enzo, but haven't found the perfect one yet. However, I have found a seriously nice 2008 22 ENZO, but have heard the hull is pretty flat and not a nice riding big lake boat. Anybody give me advise?

volzalum    280

I've got a 2007 Enzo 216 (same as 2008 220). It has a hull similar to the falcon V. It rides fine in choppy water. Make sure it has the Bennett Trim Tab, and that control the bow porpoising. I have regularly had 10 people on mine with plenty of room. As for surfing, you can accomplish it with just the factory ballast (two rear, two nearly rear) and no one else in the boat, but for a really good surf wave you will want more ballast. I have definately enjoyed mine, and am just upgrading the ballast this year.

WakeDoc    471

What are you really looking to do with it? surf, wakeboard, ski, skate, tube?

ILrider    0

I bought a 2008 Enzo 220 near the end of the season last year and am very happy with it. One of the things I liked about it was the "depth"? of the hull. The day we demo'd our boat it was pretty windy/choppy and the boat did a great job of handling it so it should do fine with that.

We use our boat primarily for wakeboarding because the river we boat in isn't very deep so even with extra ballast it's hard to get a nice surf wake, although I am in the process of pulling the stock tanks and plumbing in some 750# sacs in the rear locker for a bigger wakeboard wake and to get more into surfing this year.

I have 2 young kids and feel that this boat is a great all purpose boat: boarding, surfing, tubing, skiing which is what we needed. When my kids get older I will probably go with an Enzo 230/240 or Avalanche b/c I feel they are capable of producing a better wake for surfing/wakeboarding due to the different hull. I've been very pleased with our boat so far and very impressed with the quality of Centurion's product.

Kevin Baugh    78

I agree great multipurpuse hull. Like Ilrider is doing pull the tanks and install 750s or Enzo sacks

zapisor    43

Here is my take on the Cascading V hull situation found in the 220’s and the Falcon,

The cascading V hull is excellent for what is was designed to do, be a crossover hull. With that said, it will always be a jack of all trades and a master of none. If you spend 90% of your time one any one specific watersport you will always have wake envy, but if within your family or group of friends you like to do it all you will really enjoy the C-V hull.

You had some concerns about the flat hull and rough water. The C-V will slap and pound a bit more than the I-V hull in very rough water but it is not a Malibu Response by any means. Will it be scary for you and you family? No… Will you be constantly submersing the bow in whitecaps? No… Is the bow always wet from waves coming over the bow? No… Will you worry about children falling out? No… The boats are very heavy, very wide and sits tall in the water (even more so with the 220), so don’t be afraid of the C-V hull.

As with all boats, and subsequently the hull designs, you are the one that needs to decide what attributes makes the “best boat” for you. If you originally wanted the 230 because of its reputation as a surf machine, then stick with your original plan. If you are looking for a great do it all boat the 220 won’t disappoint.

Either way, buy a boat…. Life’s too short to not have one.

Zap

Kevin Baugh    78

Well said we chose the boat for just those reasons my only regreat not getting a bigger engine.... but then again I am a barefooter

rizza32    0

Nice. If I didnt feel like riding before, I do now.

zapisor    43
Here is my take on the Cascading V hull situation found in the 220’s and the Falcon,

The cascading V hull is excellent for what is was designed to do, be a crossover hull. With that said, it will always be a jack of all trades and a master of none. If you spend 90% of your time one any one specific watersport you will always have wake envy, but if within your family or group of friends you like to "do it all" you will really enjoy the C-V hull.

You had some concerns about the flat hull and rough water. The C-V will slap and pound a bit more than the I-V hull in very rough water but it is not a Malibu Response by any means. Will it be scary for you and you family? No… Will you be constantly submersing the bow in whitecaps? No… Is the bow always wet from waves coming over the bow? No… Will you worry about children falling out? No… The boats are very heavy, very wide and sits tall in the water (even more so with the 220), so don’t be afraid of the C-V hull.

As with all boats, and subsequently the hull designs, you are the one that needs to decide what attributes makes the “best boat” for you. If you originally wanted the 230 because of its reputation as a surf machine, then stick with your original plan. If you are looking for a great do it all boat the 220 won’t disappoint.

Zap

Oldwakedude    0
I bought a 2008 Enzo 220 near the end of the season last year and am very happy with it. One of the things I liked about it was the "depth"? of the hull. The day we demo'd our boat it was pretty windy/choppy and the boat did a great job of handling it so it should do fine with that.

We use our boat primarily for wakeboarding because the river we boat in isn't very deep so even with extra ballast it's hard to get a nice surf wake, although I am in the process of pulling the stock tanks and plumbing in some 750# sacs in the rear locker for a bigger wakeboard wake and to get more into surfing this year.

I have 2 young kids and feel that this boat is a great all purpose boat: boarding, surfing, tubing, skiing which is what we needed. When my kids get older I will probably go with an Enzo 230/240 or Avalanche b/c I feel they are capable of producing a better wake for surfing/wakeboarding due to the different hull. I've been very pleased with our boat so far and very impressed with the quality of Centurion's product.

:thumbsup: Side note: I see your comment about your river being shallow, check out Wakedoc's video of the Enzo 240 on the Creek, it is only about 10' deep and his 240 produces a powerful wave.

7th item in thread

http://www.centurioncrew.com/wave-videos-t...tml&hl=wave

Moral of this story is BALLAST, in the right spot :surfing2: .

Edited by Oldwakedude

Bigshow    0

What are you looking for in an Enzo 230? I have one that I'm planning on putting on the market in about a month.

ILrider    0
:unknw: Side note: I see your comment about your river being shallow, check out Wakedoc's video of the Enzo 240 on the Creek, it is only about 10' deep and his 240 produces a powerful wave.

7th item in thread

http://www.centurioncrew.com/wave-videos-t...tml&hl=wave

Moral of this story is BALLAST, in the right spot :Surfing: .

I've seen this thread before. BALLAST, hence my most recent modifications. We'll see what we can do this season :) The weather is great now but nobody has any dock in at the launches so we can't get out yet ;)

Jackfly    0

Hijack ON!!! This thread made me think, "what hull stlye does MY boat have?" '02 concourse typhoon 3. Anyone? Hijack over!!! :)

Kevin Baugh    78

VERY similar to an Avalanche lots of V