Weekend_Warrior

Newb - - 2008 Centurion Air Warrior Elite V C4

I am looking at a 2008 Centurion Air Warrior Elite V C4. I have never been on a Centurion so I am in the dark with these boats.

How are these boats wake wise?

I am currently wakeboarding but would like to experiment with surfing. Is the wake good for wakeboarding and surfing?

We also tube and kneeboard as well as vary little skiing.

Do you like the seating arrangment in the front of the boat?

Thanks for all the help.

Spud    7

The Elite V is an awesome boat and would fulfill all you needs listed above. I would be a little sketchy on skiing behind it, but never tried it. If you will ski, knee, wake, surf and tube, the Falcon V is a great multi-sport hull and the bow seating is much bigger. For the rest of the boat, it is a great boat and I think you would be more than happy with it. It rides really nice and makes a really descent wake/surf wake if you play with and weigh it right. Are there any other models you are looking at? Post some pics !!

Oldwakedude    0

Use to have an Elite V and we enjoyed it. Did all the stuff you've mentioned when the girls were little. Good all around boat and has the deep V for a better ride. It is ok on the Surf wave (especially for the little ones), but no where near as big as the Enzo. We had to switch to the Enzo when we got serious about surfing. Centurion has two hull forms, the deep V (infini-V) and the crossover hull (cascading). The Cascading hull is half flat with a small V in the centerline. Other models that had this hull, but not included in the 2010 model line-up were the Enzo220 and Enzo216 (same boat just different years). I don't have any experience with one, but from what I have heard from folks on here and looking at the specs you might want to give serious attention to the Avalanche if you don't want to consider the Enzo. It would probably be better for the surf and still good for wakeboarding and such.

post-361-1268273415_thumb.jpg

i'd half to agree with all above.

but... if youre more of a air and wake sort of rider, and not that much of a skier, then the avy c4 may be a better route.

the ski wake isnt as small as the falcon, but sure makes up for it in size of wake for surfing and wakeboarding.

the avy also has more room and is a bigger boat than the elite.

ive knee boarded and wake boarded behind an elite with a center ballast tank. its a nice boat, but the wake is not as big as my avy, and you definately can see and feel the extra 6in length and 7in width.

but definately test drive and see what fits you and your family.

chances are most of the time bigger wake will be wanted more that small wake for skiing.

hope it helps.

oh, and the bow of the avy is HUGE!

Edited by Avy c4 surfer

I guess I messed up with mentioning Skiing. We don't really ski alot. But my inlaws ski alittle bit. I am trying to get them to switch over to kneeboarding. So skiing isn't really a need. I am trying to stick around 20,000 so not sure how much the other models are gonna run. I don't want to go over 20,000 much.

Spud    7

If you buy used, get the info, everything about the boat, and there are a lot of people on here who can help you choose the right boat and steer you towards a descent price range.

Edited by Spud

Joe B    17

In-laws skiing=huge ballast, huge wake, very fast and Launch them. LOL

$20k is going to be interesting. I don't think you'll be able to get any 2008 boat for that, so if you found an EliteV for that money or close JUMP on IT (that's a $30k+ boat)! For $20k money you're looking at:

02-04 Avy

02ish Lightning V, very clean

04ish Elite V

There's some other variations of the lightning and elite I'm unsure about. All good for wakeboarding and entry surfing. An older Avy is your best bet for your price range.

duramat    462

Ditto on what Joe said.

I am a fan of the Elite.

Foiler    1

08 Elite V for $20,000. That is unreasonably low so I would be very skeptical, something is probably wrong with it or a scam. If it is legit you better jump on it RIGHT NOW!

I love the Elite V, has a nice deep V so it rides better in rough water and will make a better wake with less weight but won't flatten out as much for skiing. I could only see that as important for someone who is serious about slalom skiing. As far as I am concerned, if someone wants to ski behind my boat they should plan on hitting a wake, might even fill up the ballast just to mess with them.

Edit: Just noticed I said all most the same thing as Joe. HeHe Agreeed!!!

Edited by Foiler

elc    2

Like everyone else has said 20k for an 08 elite v is EXTREMELY low. This sounds more like a direct drive price. Even that is low for an 08 DD. I just sold an 05 elite v for more than that.

smitty    0

We do all the things you mention except we have not tried skiing yet. We are more that happy with ours allthough you might want to add some weight to clean up the wake. If you can pick up an 08' for 20k WOW, I'd hate to say what we paid for our 07'!!!

duramat    462
If you can pick up an 08' for 20k WOW, I'd hate to say what we paid for our 07'!!!

Lets not talk about that..it hurts my feelings.... :baby:

enzo101mo    98

Weekend Warrior: I was Checking out an 07 Elite V C4 from Olingermarine.com (Idaho) and Adam asking $31,900.00 and it only has 55 hours on the boat. I don't know where you live but he will ship it to you.

Foiler    1
Lets not talk about that..it hurts my feelings.... :baby:

Yeah, but you have one of the best looking Elite V's that I have ever seen. When I was shopping for a boat, I wanted an Elite V and looked at ton's of them and I thought yours was the best looking one. No Joke!! I love that color combo and graphics.

Foiler    1
Weekend Warrior: I was Checking out an 07 Elite V C4 from Olingermarine.com (Idaho) and Adam asking $31,900.00 and it only has 55 hours on the boat. I don't know where you live but he will ship it to you.

Hi is not in Idaho, CA I think. He advertises in several states.

LakeSurfer    10
Hi is not in Idaho, CA I think. He advertises in several states.

Adam was at Mission RV and Marine in CA. He opened a new business in ID about a year ago. If someone was interested in one of his boats, you might be able to talk Duffy into going and looking at it.

http://olingermarine.com/

Edited by LakeSurfer

I am trying to stay around 20,000. We don't want to go over that. My budget at first was around 8,000 so I am happy with the budget now being 20,000. Ain't gonna push the budget more then around 20,000.

Foiler    1
Adam was at Mission RV and Marine in CA. He opened a new business in ID about a year ago. If someone was interested in one of his boats, you might be able to talk Duffy into going and looking at it.

http://olingermarine.com/

Looks like you are right. I knew Mission was in California and I thought they just changed names. When I was looking for my boat I would see Olinger advertise the same boat in several states. I have seen some good deals at that place.