Smokytrail    0

Hey Guys,

My buddy is a professional engineer who makes Night Vision Goggle compatible military LED flashlights. I've used his LEDs for over 10 years now--here's what I know from 2nd hand experience:

LEDs are Super energy efficient. During the testing phase, he would leave the LEDs plugged into 9v batteries for days and weeks at a time without killing the battery. They also create a fraction of the heat of regular incandescent bulbs.

I'm going to try to talk him into diversifying into the boating market--right now he only sells direct to American military and takes a profit loss for his patriotism.

Let me know if you any specific questions--I can forward them to him and get a no kidding answer.

Cheers!

Smoky

Edited by Smokytrail

Spud    7

Are the ebay 4 led for the dash ??

Joe B    17

Spud: I think we have a new challenge for the year. See who can stack the highest pyramid of beer cans while riding contest???? I'm going to post in the 'other' forum

I got the 5 led for my interior. My dash is already red lights so I'm not changing out. I think my is being shipped in a row boat from China. They said located in the USA but I couldn't pronounce the guys name and I don't think it takes 10-15 business days to ship anywhere in the usa.

Spud    7

Your on...

Lafork    0

FYI I just got in my "Plug and Pray" LED bulbs in. The shipping was slow since they ended up coming from Malaysia but they work perfect!

duffymahoney    10

Take some pictures! I would love to see how they look. Got a link to where you bought them from?

LakeSurfer    10
FYI I just got in my "Plug and Pray" LED bulbs in. The shipping was slow since they ended up coming from Malaysia but they work perfect!

please take pics and provide a write up on install. I got these in a few weeks ago but have not had a chance to put them in yet.

Thanks

Foiler    1

I ordered some plug in LED lights and some new pods above the cup holder too for a 2007 Typhoon (same as AVY). Should be there this week since they have both sent me tracking numbers. Got both sets off of ebay, they were really cheap and shipped here in the US!! Will let you know how they work when I get them.

Plug in lights for lower courtesy light locations, ship out of CA.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Pods to go above cupholders, ship out of FL.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

(I all ready have LEDs above the cupholders but I wanted to change them to red)

Foiler    1

Got my lights yesterday, good places above to order from because each of them only took a couple days. Didn't take any pictures but it is really easy. Basically all you are doing is changing bulbs so there isn't much to say.

The pods above the cupholders require a little more work but they are the exact same size as the ones I took out so it is pretty easy. The wires come right out of the middle on the back of the originals but the ones I bought have a plastic back that is glued on and the wires come out the side. No biggie, just screw it down on the wire or pop the plastic back off like I did and the wires will come right out were you want them. The entire swap can probably be done in about 15 minutes. The red puts out slightly less light than the original white but for my purposes it is perfect.

Joe B    17

:thumbsup: Under 1 MINUTE INSTALL!!!! WooHoo. Plug-and-Play. I saw my cupholders were some modular LEDs already so I gotta change them from white to Red to match.

Here are some pics, I went with 5-leds clusters.

post-51-1268414001_thumb.jpg

post-51-1268414018_thumb.jpg

Spud    7

Just swapped my interior lights to blue as well, went with the 4 led clusters and 3 led clusters. Took about 20 min total work time and makes a huge difference.

WakeDoc    471

This was a great find and easy mod, anyone have pics of what they look like at night?

Spud    7

I can post some tonight, they are super bright compared to stock ones. Doc, the WHP9-T 360 degree wedges, 3rd box down, fit right into the new style housings inside the storage boxes, and the floor lights I did the 3 led cluster ULITE rounds and they fit right over existing holes.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...mini-wedge.html

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...Fmini_tubes.htm

post-448-1269014012_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spud

I am wondering if you can change out the gauge lights? Or do you have to almost do major surgery to make that happen?

Spud    7

Hmmm since I will be under the dash today, I will poke around and look... would be cool to match them up!

i have a brand new guage cluster sitting here on my desk (my volt meter went bad) and it is part of the whole guage cluster...anyways it is a sealed unit with on main plug port on it, it looks like you would have to do surgery

Spud    7

in that case, no thank you... want that to be covered since one went out on me already, and they are $$$... Thanks for the info.

My gauges are not like that. I have the 2008/09 gauges like Jax. It would be nice if they had a push button to switch between the two.

Spud    7

Lights are done !! :crybaby:

post-448-1269314172_thumb.jpg

post-448-1269314206_thumb.jpg

post-448-1269314295_thumb.jpg