Lafork    0

Does anyone know the spec's (make, model, etc.) for the oval shaped cabin interior courtesy light in a 07 Avi? It appears to be a sealed unit. I am looking to change them from a white to a red light but I don't want to drill any new holes and want to keep the original shape. I know I could cut out the back of the old one and insert a new led but if I could simply get a replacement colored one it would be easier. Thx!

WakeDoc    471

Look at Super Bright LED's sure they have what you are looking for.

ALM-4up.jpgALM-default.jpg

Do a search on here for the pics on how I did mine. What I did was pull the light out, then I used the superbrite 4 LED and trimmed the outside of the light to an round shape. Then I opened up the inside of the light a little and Hot glued the light inside the silver part. Slide it in the hole after it is wired up and screw on the lens. Presto and it works. I am in ATL right now, so I do not have access to the pics. But I do believe I posted the pics on here.

David

Lafork    0

The blue LED's look sooo sharp. The scheme I am planning will be very similar to yours but in red. I did this on my previous boat (a Svfara) and it turned out great too. The side vents are a nice touch that I will be sure to include on my Avi project. FYI I found a 4 cluster red LED replacement bulb for the existing courtesy light that I may try before trimming the back of it like you did. Only $0.99 each on ebay....worth a try....$15.99 for a pair at my local automotive shop....burn.

srhoffman    0

Add a link of your direct fit 4 led's on ebay if you don't mind...been contemplating this project for some time and since I'll be making the trip to the boat storage place to install the sub in a few weeks I might as well round out my day with a little electrical work!

h20king    794

the word is blue light attracts bugs while the red does not just food for thought

Foiler    1

Very interested in those $.99 replacement bulbs too. Thanks!

LakeSurfer    10
Add a link of your direct fit 4 led's on ebay if you don't mind...been contemplating this project for some time and since I'll be making the trip to the boat storage place to install the sub in a few weeks I might as well round out my day with a little electrical work!

I second this^^^^^ Please post link :thumbsup:

I have not had any problems with the bugs. I too have read that a lot of people were having the same, but here in NC, I have yet to see that.

smitty    0

WOW, those are cool! I had no idea they even made those. Man, I took the bulbs out drilled small holes to put individual led's had to wire them all together when all I had to do was plug these in...

Hey Colombian,

How bright are yours?

Also if you look in their store they also have seven LED bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T10-7-LED-1...=item35a225f558

Colombian, nice install on the LEDs. It looks really good! Did you ever do the under water transom? Just curios how they turned out and what lights you installed...

Joe B    17

Minimal work is what I like. Keep us posted on the ebay hopefully plug-and-play leds.

I just want to replace the few lights and keep the mood down. I've seen boats where there was an LED everywhere and too bright for me.

I'll be doing the 4-led reds. Great writeup Columbian - THX

David    0

What would be the advantage of switching over to an LED bulb? What is the power draw difference?

smitty    0
What would be the advantage of switching over to an LED bulb? What is the power draw difference?

The reason I did it is for the color change, I don't know how much of a difference the power draw will make with regular bulbs.

Joe B    17

I never spec'ed out those little light bulbs on our boat, but leds are still a fraction of power draw.

I still have the one factory light. I did have a contact to replace the current bulb in there with an super bright LED, however, the company is not doing it anymore. So, I am thinking about the shadow casters, but a lot of $$$. I will think of something before the season begins.

Colombian, nice install on the LEDs. It looks really good! Did you ever do the under water transom? Just curios how they turned out and what lights you installed...

Thanks for the compliments guys on the LED's. It really isn't a hard project and the time is only about 9 beers long.

Edited by Colombian Surfer

Joe B    17

I just bought the 'plug and pray' LEDs from ebay. I got the 5-bulb in Red to match the dash on my Avy. I'll let you know how it goes. I tried to find a made in the usa but couldn't. We'll see if my gamble works. :down:

Dash is already red so I'm not messing there. Those clips on the dash are a PITA I've seen others botch.

slow boat from China---no really.

Edited by Joe B