I just bought my first Centurion and as it's a 2000 Eclipse, it has a few things I need to fix before getting it out next spring. One thing I need to diagnose are the blower motor and heater motor. Both are non-responsive/dead with the switches in their ON positions. Before I get into the troubleshooting, I was wondering if there are wiring diagrams or common color coding to the wiring on these boats. Any help or direction from any seasoned Centurion veterans?

Thanks much!

fineline has wire diagrams for boats

invest in a 12v test light or meter

check fuses first

also spin the blower first with a screw driver

David    0

just in Time

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but thought it might be helpful.

Thanks guys. I have checked fuses and they are all solid. I'll need to get down to line testing voltage here next. No response from Fineline on diagrams. I got a buildsheet from the local Centurion dealer, but it didn't give me any new information.

David, what is the diagram for that you posted the PDF for? I took a quick glance at it, but haven't compared it to my boat's wiring.

David    0

I posted a wiring diagram I got from fine line for my 2004 elite v. I think it would be fairly similar to your boat. I would look for signs of previous electrical work and start there. I would also make sure that the heater is not wired into an accessory switch or something weird like that. Good luck.

Thanks David. I'll get in there and see if they are comparable. The wiring wasn't exactly what I would call "neat and tidy" under the dash.

Turns out there were a few issues on my wiring. The blower motor had a bad ground connection at the switch and some corrosion within the switch causing intermittent contacts. I got that all cleaned up and solid ground, now my blower motor is back to 100%. The heater on the other hand was wired through the accessory socket, which had a bad ground and overheated wiring/switch. Tracing back the wiring lead me to find a break/cut in the main power supply from the fuse block. I've got all new switches and am rewiring the circuit so there are no unkowns. Crossing my fingers that the heater blower is good to go and I can put this to rest.

duramat    462

Pero son bien feliz para estar aqui? :thumbsup:

I took my testing a bit further this weekend and found the blower motor for the heater to be seized and full of water. This led me to pulling the heater core and pressure testing it. YEP, found a burst fin so I pinched it tight and tinned the area to repair the heater core. Looks like it's holding pressure, so that's good. Bad is that the motor was beyond repair. I got it spinning again, but it started blowing smoke and got too hot to hold. Not worth the risk of putting it back into service. Gonna contact Heatercraft to order a new one.

Kevin Baugh    78

Just in Time

Just what the heck does this mean?????

"

"ya Fineline's work force is not the best, fi you catch my drift where they are located "

craig3x    3

still waiting for a link to wiring diagrams. why are these so hard to find??