Jump to content
Mrwick

Zs232 opinions

Recommended Posts

Mrwick    65

Anyone on here spent any significant time on the new zs232 yet?  Curious to hear the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InfinitySurf    262

On the Centurion/Supreme Facebook page they have talked about the ZS232 quite a bit and guys that have demod, say the wave takes it to the next level with the hull re-design, extra factory ballast (think I remember them saying 2100lbs extra from factory)...and they say the layout is better.

I have no personal experience and have not seen one in person, but lot of good info there if you wanna check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rjaeger13    0

I have yet to even see one with the naked eye.... but have been over and over a build with my local dealer. I've also been extensively reviewing and demoing comparable boats in the price range. The closes thing i've come across is the Moomba Makai which i've done a couple demos, one with the 450 and other 400. Great boat, but i'm still leaning ZS having not even been on one. I think (in my humble opinion, of course).... the ZS is a full meal deal, bang for your buck, turn key ready. 23ft with 4600lbs of ballast, is about as close as you can get to premium boat. Basically has the Ri hull, and same type of surf system (not ram fill :\). Makai has a better screen and UI, but lacks the ballast and hull design. Not to mention the great use of storage space in the back lockers. The price is pretty on point, as long as you take advantage of promo and battling with the dealer, you can get one fairly loaded sub 100k.

 

If you want more info on my Makai findings, feel free to ask.

Edited by rjaeger13
added commentary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
h20king    794

Did you surf the makai? I surfed one at the wake 9 polar bear the was ok with a extra 1000lbs and 8 grow men in the boat. It was about on par with the sl supra. It for sure is a big boat but the wake is nowhere close to a centurion wake and in my opinion it lacks sex appeal. I have crawled all over the zs232. It is a nice boat it's a huge boat that sits higher on the trailer then a ri257 so i expect big things from it. Given the choice between the zs232 and makai  I would go supreme all day

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rjaeger13    0
6 hours ago, h20king said:

Did you surf the makai? I surfed one at the wake 9 polar bear the was ok with a extra 1000lbs and 8 grow men in the boat. It was about on par with the sl supra. It for sure is a big boat but the wake is nowhere close to a centurion wake and in my opinion it lacks sex appeal. I have crawled all over the zs232. It is a nice boat it's a huge boat that sits higher on the trailer then a ri257 so i expect big things from it. Given the choice between the zs232 and makai  I would go supreme all day

Yes, i've surfed the Makai 3 separate times on both 400 and 450 boats. I've read into the Makai and it's a recycled hull from the Supra SE.... I don't think the SE is known as a stellar surf boat... but it gets the job done. I will say that the wave was different every time i surfed. This was alarming to me.... the boat realistically needs another 1500lbs to be good. The boat also performed differently every time we surfed... due to where the weight was stashed. the 450 we had all the bags on the rear bench, which causes the RPMs to spike to around 4200 to maintain a clean wave at 11.5 (which i like to surf). The 400 handled the weight just fine with an upgraded prop surfing at just 3400 RPMs. This may have had something to do with where we put the bags... up in the middle of the floor. Wake makers is making a kit for the Makai, but this will also require you to remove the rear locker bins... this raises more questions on performance. All that weight in the tush will change the wave but also spike RPMs... I think that boat will a mystery till you own it and set it up the way you want it. But i don't consider it to be turn key ready. 

I'm curious your thoughts on the layout of the ZS and what you thought on built quality. Did you feel like you were in a budget boat? Did they have it optioned out like the red/gray one in the Supreme videos? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaka    146

SE, SA, and SL are all fine surf boats you just have to set them up properly. Any boat is susceptible to weight distribution and fluctuating crew numbers.. The key is as you spend time with said boat you can compensate easily and adjust. I haven't driven or surfed the Makai but I wouldn't kick that boat out of bed for eating crackers. I'd add some ballast and figure it out.

I think that Centurion beats the Supra/Moomba with their hull shape and surf system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
h20king    794
12 hours ago, rjaeger13 said:

Yes, i've surfed the Makai 3 separate times on both 400 and 450 boats. I've read into the Makai and it's a recycled hull from the Supra SE.... I don't think the SE is known as a stellar surf boat... but it gets the job done. I will say that the wave was different every time i surfed. This was alarming to me.... the boat realistically needs another 1500lbs to be good. The boat also performed differently every time we surfed... due to where the weight was stashed. the 450 we had all the bags on the rear bench, which causes the RPMs to spike to around 4200 to maintain a clean wave at 11.5 (which i like to surf). The 400 handled the weight just fine with an upgraded prop surfing at just 3400 RPMs. This may have had something to do with where we put the bags... up in the middle of the floor. Wake makers is making a kit for the Makai, but this will also require you to remove the rear locker bins... this raises more questions on performance. All that weight in the tush will change the wave but also spike RPMs... I think that boat will a mystery till you own it and set it up the way you want it. But i don't consider it to be turn key ready. 

I'm curious your thoughts on the layout of the ZS and what you thought on built quality. Did you feel like you were in a budget boat? Did they have it optioned out like the red/gray one in the Supreme videos? 

The zs in no way feels like a budget boat. Fit and finish is super nice. The only thing I don't like about it is the bimin top other than that the boat is a home run for supreme 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    65

I’m headed to the Denver boat show in a couple of weeks, I really hope they have a ZS to look at.  If they surf similar to a fi but still have the supreme simplicity, it’s got to be a winner!  The only thing that bothers me is the ZS is getting pretty close to the FI price.  I would think at that point a guy just steps up to the Centurion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2011V208    0
On 12/28/2018 at 4:36 AM, h20king said:

The zs in no way feels like a budget boat. Fit and finish is super nice. The only thing I don't like about it is the bimin top other than that the boat is a home run for supreme 

What didn't you like about the bimini top?  just curious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
h20king    794

It's just big and flat with 2 super long support poles. It just looks out of place  but it is functional 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are very happy with our ZS so far.  Went to the boat show in Orlando and spent hours going back and forth to all the different manufacturers and ended up in the ZS.

 

As h20king said above it in no way feels like a budget boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2011V208    0

Stoked with my zs232 as well!  I have had it for a month so far and very pleased with everything.  I am still dialing in the different types of surf wakes you can create.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.