duramat

Dizzyness? Anyone else?

duramat    462

So this was the second time for my wifes family reunion I spent all day on the boat pulling rides and the tube for the kiddies. By the end of the day I was losing my equaliberiam and get dizzy. happened to me last year too. Anybody else get that from on the boat all day? (WHITHOUT THE HELP OF ALCOHOL LOL) :thumbsup: Just curious..

Bigcatpt    408
So this was the second time for my wifes family reunion I spent all day on the boat pulling rides and the tube for the kiddies. By the end of the day I was losing my equaliberiam and get dizzy. happened to me last year too. Anybody else get that from on the boat all day? (WHITHOUT THE HELP OF ALCOHOL LOL) :thumbsup: Just curious..

probably dehydration. Drink more fluids!!!

tgaugh    2

Every 12+ hour day out.

I know what you are saying, its where you take a shower and if you close your eyes to wash your hair after you crash into the wall. Been getting it for years, to me it means a good day on the lake.

rizza32    0

Yeah, when it feels like your still on the water with rollers comin at ya. It usually means one more beer and nap time.

islander033    2

Last time I had anything near that, I had been on the ocean for 3 weeks and took a supply boat back to town for crew change. I was cured after ~12 'pops'.

David    0

I drive boat for a local camp once a year. Morning run at 6:00-8:00 short break for breakfast then back on the water until lunch, pull the boats out at 7:00 pm. We spend 10 hrs a day pulling wakeboards. It’s a lot of fun teaching newbees and watching face plants. But it makes me feel like my brain is sloshing around. You know you’re really taking advantage of the summer when you close your eyes on shore but it feels like your out in middle of the lake white caps. I would take that any day over being in the office.

Top    0

Happends to the whole family after a long day on the lake. We LOVE it!

WakeDoc    471

If it didn't happen I would be worried but, does make the dog wake around in counter clockwise circles for a half day or so not sure what that is all about?

brentwerst    0

eat ginger snaps as snacks. maybe its a mild form of sea sickness?

ladderrat    0

Its 'shore-sickness', get it every time we go on a cruise.... love it! its like walking around drunk but totally alert! lasted for a full day.... jk.

seriously though, usually being a little dehydrated causes you to notice more.. drink at least 16 oz. an hour after being out on water for more than 3 hours to comprnsate, otherwise just put up with it.....usually can keep it from happenin to the family by them drinkin a lot of water...

you will get used to it the more you stay out for full days...

wahi wahi