ryno726    16

I was crawling around under my FS33 and noticed a couple of chips in the gelcoat.  They almost look like there was a air pocket in the fiberglass, and the gelcoat just kind of blew out from not having any support behind it.  Has anyone seen this before?  Do you think Centurion would take care of it under warranty?

UgCw0qc.jpg

sR0jzrn.jpg

Also, Where the prop shaft comes out of the hull is odd looking as well.  I checked the motor mounts and shaft strut and nothing is loose, broken, or odd looking.  No vibrations under speed either. I'm thinking maybe they changed the shaft angle for this year and just didn't update the hull???? It's a 2015

QWpzUjY.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ryno726

InfinitySurf    302

Document everything well (dates you noticed the damage, etc) and take it to dealer to look at, hopefully they can get answers for you. I have not ever seen anything like that, in my opinion ....does not look right. Best course of action if taking the boat to dealer asap. Hopefully you are 1st owner

Bongo Fury    640

X2...document and get it to your dealer!

rhino89523    34

X3....That looks horrible

Carter13    69
7 hours ago, ryno726 said:

I was crawling around under my FS33 and noticed a couple of chips in the gelcoat.  They almost look like there was a air pocket in the fiberglass, and the gelcoat just kind of blew out from not having any support behind it.  Has anyone seen this before?  Do you think Centurion would take care of it under warranty?

UgCw0qc.jpg

sR0jzrn.jpg

Also, Where the prop shaft comes out of the hull is odd looking as well.  I checked the motor mounts and shaft strut and nothing is loose, broken, or odd looking.  No vibrations under speed either. I'm thinking maybe they changed the shaft angle for this year and just didn't update the hull???? It's a 2015

QWpzUjY.jpg

Thanks in advance!

The last pic shows six definite abrasion rings on the shaft due to rubbing on the fiberglass/gel coat. My guess is you are correct in your assumption regarding upgrading the hull. Definitely contact your dealer immediately and good luck for the future fix. 

ryno726    16

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I will get with Centurion right away.  As soon I saw it I was like WTF is this about?

Darkside    248

Yes i have unfortunately seen this before!  It is a fairly common issue with other manufactures.  Those are called Gel Voids!  My 2014 Malibu was riddled with them, my 2015 Malibu, had 3.

You are 100% accurate in your description!  When boats are built, the first step is spraying the exterior gel coat. Step 2 is adding fibreglass, traditionally, fiberglass is put in place, either mats and/or chop gun, then sprayed with resin and backrolled.  If there is not quite enough resin, or the person backrolling does not apply enough pressure, you get air pockets.  Then at a later point, holes in the gel.  

The GOOD news is they are easy to fix, and usually an isolated thing.  So having 1 void does not mean the hull will be prone to more, it neans the person missed that one area.  

The absolute best way to avoid these.... VACUUM INFUSION!   There is one wakeboat manufacturer doing this right now.... CENTURION/SUPREME!  

This is a void from my 2014 24MXZ

0403151253a.jpg

Edited by Darkside
  • Like 1

luluzer    50

Anybody got any pox/blisters happening? I got a small outbreak on my portside rear corner. Also, anyone got any knowledge or experience with anti-folwing? Thx in advance

20170919_184618.jpg

20170919_184627.jpg

InfinitySurf    302

Do you leave your boat in water? I have heard that it can blister in certain water, Centurion talks about that in their manual