lovetosurf

Fi23 first impressions

cheezshredz    0

On our 244, the tower is really far forward and you cant turn up the rev8s on the tower for wakeboarding without blasting out the cabin passengers so the tower being far back might actually be kind of nice.

Fivebar2    176

Had a chance to ride behind a fi today and help dial it in. The wave is incredibly good. Great shape, lip and push all the way back. Very impressed. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. More pics to come

IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

Edited by Fivebar2
  • Like 1

xj1514    13

That looks amazingly long! Can't wait to demo this weekend. Did u look at the wakeboard wake at all? 

Fivebar2    176
40 minutes ago, xj1514 said:

That looks amazingly long! Can't wait to demo this weekend. Did u look at the wakeboard wake at all? 

I did not look at the wakeboard wake at all. I don't ever wakeboard anymore so I didn't even think to look at it. Sorry.

Here are a few more pics I grabbed.

Screen_Shot_2017-09-07_at_5_14.28_PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 5.02.02 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-09-07_at_5_07.54_PM.png

xj1514    13

If I could surf like that maybe I wouldn't wakeboard anymore either...pretty sure I get less air wakeboarding than you do surfing lol. Looks great. 

Fivebar2    176
3 minutes ago, xj1514 said:

If I could surf like that maybe I wouldn't wakeboard anymore either...pretty sure I get less air wakeboarding than you do surfing lol. Looks great. 

Lots of practice! It's funny because I was surfing with the NW guys and they were commenting that last year at this time I couldn't even get up on the board every time :)

h20king    794

Crazy you are not even interested in buying one and get a demo while I have been on them for over a month to demo and can't get one. Funny the other brand dealers it only took one call to get a demo set up.  We demo the tige Saturday  and supra the next weekend as well as Nautique.  Would hate to switch dealers but will not buy without a demo that is at least on par with what we have. Guess we will all know what we are going with after we place a order in January at the boat show.  

Fivebar2    176
1 hour ago, h20king said:

Crazy you are not even interested in buying one and get a demo while I have been on them for over a month to demo and can't get one. Funny the other brand dealers it only took one call to get a demo set up.  We demo the tige Saturday  and supra the next weekend as well as Nautique.  Would hate to switch dealers but will not buy without a demo that is at least on par with what we have. Guess we will all know what we are going with after we place a order in January at the boat show.  

They just got the boat (but only get it for a week), you should have no problem getting a demo. Give them a call. We worked on the wave yesterday and it is on point. Which Supra, Tige and G ate you demoing?

h20king    794

For Tige we are looking at the RZX3 ,for supra we are demoing the se next weekend then the new sl end of the month. And for nautique we want to look at the gs24 will find out today when they will get one. Just not sure that the fi can deliver more wake than what we have now. If I have to up my budget to the ri 237 and do a surf system only boat I feel I need to demo all in it's size/price range. As for a fi demo I have been asking about it since July. My wife no longer has Fridays off so can only demo on the weekend and we can't seem to make it work 

Edited by h20king

h20king    794

My concern is time is running out. The season ends just as fast as it stats here in the NW. You can almost guarantee that by next month the nice warm weather will be gone. 

h20king    794

Admittedly though I feel like I'm in panic mode. We put over 200 hour's on our boat this season so have had to call a end to our season so we keep the boat under 400 hours so it will be easier to sell and not take as big of a hit on it. Add to that I have to start booking camp sites and other trips for next summer next month and don't have a clue what our next boat will be gives me tons of anxiety LOL 

Fivebar2    176
2 minutes ago, h20king said:

Admittedly though I feel like I'm in panic mode. We put over 200 hour's on our boat this season so have had to call a end to our season so we keep the boat under 400 hours so it will be easier to sell and not take as big of a hit on it. Add to that I have to start booking camp sites and other trips for next summer next month and don't have a clue what our next boat will be gives me tons of anxiety LOL 

1rst world problems ;) everything will come together. I'm sure you can get a demo on the fi this weekend. The wave is excellent. 

DjOM21    59

Just buy a 257 - You demand the best surf wave , buy the biggest nastiest thing going - cost be damned. 

xj1514    13
2 hours ago, h20king said:

No can't get a demo was told it was booked out.

Im demo'ing this Saturday with NWBS. 

h20king    794
1 hour ago, xj1514 said:

Im demo'ing this Saturday with NWBS. 

Nice just got home from looking at the fi. Although a nice boat it's not for us also not enough price difference  to justify it over the ri. Starting to look like it's the 257 if we stay with fineline 

Jake707    171
17 minutes ago, h20king said:

Nice just got home from looking at the fi. Although a nice boat it's not for us also not enough price difference  to justify it over the ri. Starting to look like it's the 257 if we stay with fineline 

Shucks you might have to settle for the arguably best boat available hahaha.  If you do can I get a session or two if I ride up that way haha 

Second thought maybe not... I would have to come back to my Elite after and she would just never be the same.

carguy79ta    67

you won't regret the 257.  with 1000 lbs of lead I am pushing 16000 lbs when surfing.  the wave is massive. stock wave is massive the lead just makes it better.

xj1514    13
5 hours ago, h20king said:

Boat demo cancelled. Waiting to see the one Pat ordered. 

h20king    794
14 hours ago, xj1514 said:

Boat demo cancelled. Waiting to see the one Pat ordered. 

Nice think I am going to go back and take a second look when the production one arrives. Measured my shop and no way I can get my camper and a 257 in at the same time. Stuck in the 23' - 24' size range. What kills me is how much more I am going to have to spend this time because of what they have done to the supreme