NW Vettes    11

Has anyone changed the location of the sub to under the drivers feat or aftermarket box even? Seems silly supreme continues to install all these in the areas they do.

seattlehd    9

I'm interested in this also. We pick up our 2017 next weekend and would really like to gain some storage space.

Cwazy1    89

1. there is still storage around the sub. Plenty for the emergency stuffs like fire extinguisher, flares, cleaning supplies, etc. etc.

2. if you want to move it, you still consume the same amount of space, just somewhere else..

3. seattlehd, which boat did you get? I'm assuming you got yours from Brian at lynnwood?

NW Vettes    11

1. there is still storage around the sub. Plenty for the emergency stuffs like fire extinguisher, flares, cleaning supplies, etc. etc.

2. if you want to move it, you still consume the same amount of space, just somewhere else..

3. seattlehd, which boat did you get? I'm assuming you got yours from Brian at lynnwood?

The problem isn't space but the fact it's tucked away and you don't hear it compared to other boats where it's near the drivers feet facing out towards driver

seattlehd    9
14 hours ago, NW Vettes said:
14 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

The problem isn't space but the fact it's tucked away and you don't hear it compared to other boats where it's near the drivers feet facing out towards driver

I wish I had some hands on knowledge but I wont for a few more weeks. I'm going to be digging into the stereo once it gets here and will definitely be looking into the sub location. I'll let you know if I decide to move it and will write something up.

Cwazy1. We bought a blue and silver flake s238 from Brian. I'm hoping service gets it put together and the sun comes out for delivery next week!

Edited by seattlehd
Spelling

NW Vettes    11
58 minutes ago, seattlehd said:

I wish I had some hands on knowledge but I wont for a few more weeks. I'm going to be digging into the stereo once it gets here and will definitely be looking into the sub location. I'll let you know if I decide to move it and will write something up.

Cwazy1. We bought a blue and silver flake s238 from Brian. I'm hoping service gets it put together and the sun comes out for delivery next week!

Nice and please do keep us updated. I ordered mine from Tony in Chilliwack BC and should be here in a couple weeks I hope. My dealer here in CDA dropped the line so I could go to any dealer. Tony is an awesome dealer and my second boat through him.

stoked    1,039

Good stuff starts on page 3:

I'm sure H will chime in soon!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NW Vettes said:
18 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

I had a sealed sub in my old boat and the sub sounded much louder and deeper when it was pointed forward. When I was messing with it and turned it around facing the drivers feet, it seemed significantly weaker. I think it does better when it uses the whole area in there to rebound the noise. 

h20king    794

Look through the link that stoked posted it takes some work to move it to the drivers foot well but worth it. We have a  jl 12w3 in a ported box powered by a ws htx2 and it pounds. Also freeing up the front locker and using the wasted space under the helm  does more than provide extra storage and volume from the sub. It cleans everything up and finishes things out by hiding the large fresh air hose under the helm just left in plain sight by the factory. 

• Like 2

Cwazy1    89

I'm with RCM on this one. I my last boat had a sub under the drivers station pointing at the driver and it was much weaker than having it in the drivers compartment sealed up. 

Seattle, you'll have to let me know once you take delivery and if you need any help dialing it in. 

h20king    794

If that is your opinion you have obviously never had a properly installed Sub and system.  We have a few professional installers here that will tell you the same thing as well as some of us stock stereo is not good enough guy's. Do you think we would spend all the money we do on our systems and not use the Best locations to optimize output?? 

Edited by h20king
  • Like 1