Cwazy1

[Official] 2017 Supreme Surf Ballast/Tab Setup Thread

truekaotik    458

Eric, ask H2OKing what he is running as he has a 238 and has it set up already. 11 sounds low to me for speed, most of us Centurion/Supreme guys run mid 11 for speed. We don't need to keep the speed down like other manufacturers:)

• Like 1

h20king    794

I run 11.5 to 11.8 mph but also run listed and only use quick surf to tune the wave. When you guy's are done playing with quick surf I'll write up a detailed set up for both sides

• Like 2

MFaso    56

I run 11.5 to 11.8 mph but also run listed and only use quick surf to tune the wave. When you guy's are done playing with quick surf I'll write up a detailed set up for both sides

just got my boat in the water h20. I'd love to hear your setup so I can run some tests. How are you moving the plates without turning quicksurf on? This week I was going to try turning it on, setting it to 60, then draining the non-surf side to 75% and seeing what it looked like, then draining to 50% and see and keep going from there, I thought I read getting that rail to touch the water was where you want to be. Right now I'm trying to maximize my "push" and I'm not really sure if that goes along with the size of the wave or the cleanliness or what. Ugly but tons of push is fine for me right now. I'm looking to let go of the rope. After that I'll take it from there. ;)

NW Vettes    11

just got my boat in the water h20. I'd love to hear your setup so I can run some tests. How are you moving the plates without turning quicksurf on? This week I was going to try turning it on, setting it to 60, then draining the non-surf side to 75% and seeing what it looked like, then draining to 50% and see and keep going from there, I thought I read getting that rail to touch the water was where you want to be. Right now I'm trying to maximize my "push" and I'm not really sure if that goes along with the size of the wave or the cleanliness or what. Ugly but tons of push is fine for me right now. I'm looking to let go of the rope. After that I'll take it from there. ;)

I'd like to hear about his set-up too, but I think what he means is he weights his boat first to create the listed wave and only uses the QS tabs to clean up/smooth the wave. This is instead of trying to bury the QS tabs to create a wave which may not have the push.

• Like 2

MFaso    56

I'd like to hear about his set-up too, but I think what he means is he weights his boat first to create the listed wave and only uses the QS tabs to clean up/smooth the wave. This is instead of trying to bury the QS tabs to create a wave which may not have the push.

hmmm...I really wish some of you guys were closer to me so you could show me what you are doing... Anyone close to Jersey? lol

h20king    794

exactly

NW Vettes    11

1. Boat Model: 2017 S238 with 1100 lb fly highs in rear locker

2. Regular or Goofy: Regular 

3. Bow Ballast Percent: 0

4. Center Bow Tank Ballast Percent: 0

5. QF Port Percent: 100

6. QF Starboard Percent: 100

7. PnP Port Weight: 100

8. PnP Starboard Weight: 50

9. Other Ballast Weight (ie. Lead): 500 total with 300 in port locker back and 200 in starboard back locker

10. Number of Crew and positioning: 4 adults and 4 kids. Scattered but non in bow. 

11. QuickSurf Port Setting: 0

12. QuickSurf Starboard Setting: 50

13. Stinger Tab Setting: 75

14: Picture: none but large wave and lots off push. I'm 5' 10" 200#

NW Vettes    11

This was the wave but still wasn't dialed in. Plus the crew saw me taking a pic and moved to starboard lol. I was able to make it a little bigger and longer later in the night

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by NW Vettes

Cwazy1    89

that looks really good! Especially with all your crew on the wrong side.

Edited by Cwazy1

NW Vettes    11
On 6/30/2017 at 10:31 PM, NW Boat Sports said:

What lake?

Coeur d'Alene

MFaso    56

1. Boat Model: 2017 S238 with WakeMakers ballast upgrade

2. Regular or Goofy: Regular 

3. Bow Ballast Percent: 0

4. Center Bow Tank Ballast Percent: 0

5. QF Port Percent: 100

6. QF Starboard Percent: 100

7. PnP Port Weight: 100

8. PnP Starboard Weight: 40

9. Other Ballast Weight (ie. Lead): 500 total with 400 in port locker back and 100 in starboard back locker

10. Number of Crew and positioning: 2 adults and 2 little kids. Friend driving and wife taking pictures. Kids are up front. 

11. QuickSurf Port Setting: 0

12. QuickSurf Starboard Setting: 55

13. Stinger Tab Setting: 60-70

IMG_20170723_110526.jpg

IMG_20170720_190306.jpg

IMG_20170720_190750.jpg

xj1514    13

1. Boat Model: 2017 S238 with 1100 lb fly highs in rear locker

2. Regular or Goofy: Both

3. Bow Ballast Percent: 100%

4. Center Bow Tank Ballast Percent: 100%

5. QF Port Percent: 100%

6. QF Starboard Percent: 100%

7. PnP Port Weight: 100%

8. PnP Starboard Weight: 100%

9. Other Ballast Weight (ie. Lead):

600 total, 200lbs in each port and starboard locker far back under cup holder, and 200 in starboard back locker, move remaining 200lbs to surf side on floor  

10. Number of Crew and positioning: 4 to 8 adults. Most on surf side, one or two in bow to keep push and lengthen wave  

11. QuickSurf Port Setting and 12. QuickSurf Starboard Setting are set at 70 and 0, and conversely 0 and 70  

13. Stinger Tab Setting: 0 to 30, depending on water conditions and wind  

14: Picture: 

IMG_3679.JPG

Edited by xj1514

DjOM21    59

Reference Checklist

1. Boat Model: 2017 238

2. Regular or Goofy: Both

3. Bow Ballast Percent: 0%

4. Mid Ballast Percent: 100%

5. QF Port Percent: 100%

6. QF Starboard Percent: 100%

7. PnP Port Weight: 1000

8. PnP Starboard Weight: 1000

9. Other Ballast Weight (ie. Lead): 800# - 200 Stb PNP, 200 Port PNP, 200 Stb midship, 200 Port Miship

10. Number of Crew and positioning: 2 

11. QuickSurf Port Setting: 0% Goofy, 100% Regular

12. QuickSurf Starboard Setting: 100% Goofy, 0% Regulat

13. Stinger Tab Setting: 0% Goofy, 0-15% Regular just to clean the wash. Stinger kills the wake unless you have a lot of people ballast on board. 

14: Picture: See below. 

I am really liking this set up. Almost identical wake side to side and I actually think the goofy side is slightly cleaner - weird. Anyway it's working well and the more people you add the wave just gets bigger and better. Long, clean and plenty of push. Pictures  are approximate as it seems I am always driving or surfing and nobody else can be bothered to take some shots. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

DjOM21    59

^^^Oh ya - Speed = 11.5mph^^^^

mattwarp    0

NW sports,

Thanks for the specs.  I have a 2017 s211.  It does not have a center tank as far as I know.  Also, I've noticed that when I fill the ballast (standard) and surf, I get a white smoke.  I've opened the engine compartment and do not see a source.  Any thoughts?

mattwarp    0

NW sports,

Thanks for the specs.  I have a 2017 s211.  It does not have a center tank as far as I know.  Also, I've noticed that when I fill the ballast (standard) and surf, I get a white smoke.  I've opened the engine compartment and do not see a source.  Any thoughts?

Pelly    0

New to this thread. I bought, new to me, a 2017 S238 and upgraded the rear lockers to 1100 lb bags. Front is 500 lb horseshoe bag. I'd appreciate any specs for a great wake. I've noted all of the information so far on this thread and there are some very helpful comments. Specifically, I'd like information on speed, adding lead to what I think is already substantial ballast, whether to use the bow ballast at all and if I need to list the boat (hoping no). Most of the time it is me, my wife and one teen on the boat.  Thanks in advance for any replies. -James 
PS We are at sea level - suggestions about which prop is best for surfing?

Edited by Pelly

Woolf    0
On 6/21/2020 at 4:15 PM, Pelly said:

New to this thread. I bought, new to me, a 2017 S238 and upgraded the rear lockers to 1100 lb bags. Front is 500 lb horseshoe bag. I'd appreciate any specs for a great wake. I've noted all of the information so far on this thread and there are some very helpful comments. Specifically, I'd like information on speed, adding lead to what I think is already substantial ballast, whether to use the bow ballast at all and if I need to list the boat (hoping no). Most of the time it is me, my wife and one teen on the boat.  Thanks in advance for any replies. -James 
PS We are at sea level - suggestions about which prop is best for surfing?

We have a 2017 and absolutely love it! In order for us to get a good consistent wave, it took weight! We added 1000 lbs sacs to the PNP setup as well as put in a tee and added 400 lbs sacs under the lockers on each side. As well as that, we've added 800 lbs of lead, 250 lbs shoved up against the transom as far out as possible on each side and 150 lbs at the back of each side locker. The other thing we did was move the surf tabs to the lowest hole position on the rams. 

Now that the boat is setup up properly, we surf it with everything full except the bow bag, 100% surf tab, and 0% center tab anywhere from 10.8 mph to 12.3 mph. The boat does not like bow weight or center tab. Both of which will soften the wave (sometimes good for kids and beginners) and kill the push. We surf mainly goofy, but this setup works well for regular as well. I will say it seems like we have to surf the regular side with about 50-75% of the starboard side PNP setup to make it work as well. I haven't played with the regular wave anywhere near as much because my whole family surfs goofy.