Typhoon08

Board Condition Advice Needed

Typhoon08    5

I bought a used Tako from Evo sports in the pacific NW. It arrived via UPS last night. Extremely pleased with condition of board except for tip/nose. I am sure it happened in shipping. They should have packed it better.

Any rate here are some pictures of the nose. Looking for advise:

· will it hold up or should I send board back for refund? Does the tip take much abuse in the water. I would imagine it rides high and out of the water.

· Can it be glued and clamped? (If yes, what type of glue?)

Secondly it came with two outboard fins and no center fin. Will center fin help stabilize board for kids to learn on? If yes where can I purchase a center fin and which one do I want?

Thanks

post-8529-0-97414900-1477144301_thumb.jpg

post-8529-0-74544600-1477144312_thumb.jpg

post-8529-0-88643700-1477144330_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Send it back. The lamination is cracked and the core will absorb water

Cdifranco    463

What he said^

Bongo Fury    640

Evo is awesome to deal with....had a similar situation a few years ago and they took care of it no questions asked! Give them a call!!

Typhoon08    5

Evo is awesome to deal with....had a similar situation a few years ago and they took care of it no questions asked! Give them a call!!

yea they were great. They gave me free return shipping since it looked like it happened in shipping. Problem is it was a used board so it was the last one. Have to start looking for another one.

chadr    328

yea they were great. They gave me free return shipping since it looked like it happened in shipping. Problem is it was a used board so it was the last one. Have to start looking for another one.

Call Inland surfer and discuss it with them. I was worried about it when I got a few dings and nicks in mine and they told me to seal it with two part epoxy. I never got around to i though. It hasn't changed at all and Its still my favorite board!!!

If you got a really good deal on the board and don't want to give it up, Inland will tell you how to seal it up to make it worth your while.

Cwazy1    89

Looking at that crack, you would need to open it up bigger to really repair it - even with solarez.

I'd just send it back.

I would have just sealed it and then put a Nose Guard for surfboards on it. The nose of the board is rarely in the water and does not take any abuse to speak of. I had that happen during shipping to an IS Swallow I bought used. Sealed it neatly with 3M 7200 and put the nose guard protector on it. Never had any issues with it at all.