Wet dreams

Winterize new to me boat

Wet dreams    0

Hey guys. I'm a Virgin boat owner. I am a big do it yourselfer. Always built and maintained my own performance cars.

I have just purchased a 2004 supreme sky 220sp.

I have done tons of research on getting this thing ready for winter.

I have all my fluids and filters, stabilizers. Even Bought an oil extractor and antifreeze kit.

I have emailed supreme for an owners manual for the boat with no reply. Didn't want to buy a mercruiser book for $75 or the service book for $150. I can not seam to find anything on the exact drain plug locations for this motor

The motor is a 2004 mercruiser 350 mag mpi. Serial number o393886

If anyone has any knowledge of this motor and could pass it on. That would be awesome. Thanks guys

stoked    1,039

There is a really good black scorpion DIY on this site, check out that section

Wet dreams    0

I read on there they are saying to not fog your motor if it's fuel injected. Also I didn't even think about running some antifreeze through the ballast pump either. What you think?

Don't hold your breath on getting an email back. Most businesses don't feel the need to these days. However you might be able to get the manual off of the mercury website.

Does it have the blue drain plugs? On my 07 black scorpion I had 5 plugs on one side and 3 on the other. The fuel cooler plug was tricky to get to. The v-drive square plug wasn't necessary as the water just drained out either side of it. (I'm not counting that in the 8 plugs I mentioned).

I wouldn't bother filing with antifreeze in the engine, just drain it and make sure the holes aren't plugged with any rust scale. Fogging? I never did it. Just put some fuel stabilizer in it prior to the last time to take it out and fill up the tank on your way home. Suck out the oil and transmission fluid when you get home or at least within a couple hours of your getting out of the water. That way you won't have to mess around with running it on a hose.

I don't think it was required to run antifreeze through an aerator ballast pump. The most I did was to take a shop vac and suck out the water via the overflow or vent ports, although I don't think I always did that.

• Like 1

Wet dreams    0

The only blue plug I've seen it the one at the front at the impeller. Oh. Forgot to mention the boat is direct drive. I've only had the boat out 3 times since we got it. It's been pissing out for a week now and haven't had to get in there to really look for plugs. There is a small hose on each side of the block with quick connect clips. That's all I've seen

gravity12    83

Don't hold your breath on getting an email back. Most businesses don't feel the need to these days. However you might be able to get the manual off of the mercury website.

Does it have the blue drain plugs? On my 07 black scorpion I had 5 plugs on one side and 3 on the other. The fuel cooler plug was tricky to get to. The v-drive square plug wasn't necessary as the water just drained out either side of it. (I'm not counting that in the 8 plugs I mentioned).

I wouldn't bother filing with antifreeze in the engine, just drain it and make sure the holes aren't plugged with any rust scale. Fogging? I never did it. Just put some fuel stabilizer in it prior to the last time to take it out and fill up the tank on your way home. Suck out the oil and transmission fluid when you get home or at least within a couple hours of your getting out of the water. That way you won't have to mess around with running it on a hose.

I don't think it was required to run antifreeze through an aerator ballast pump. The most I did was to take a shop vac and suck out the water via the overflow or vent ports, although I don't think I always did that.

I have always pulled the 8 blue and the two square on the v drive just to be safe. That one for the cooler on the Starboard side down low is a pain but a very important one to get to. Haven't had a problem yet. I do like to give the radiator hoses a couple good pumps buy hand to get all the water out. I leave all plugs out until spring. Edited by gravity12

Cwazy1    89

I read on there they are saying to not fog your motor if it's fuel injected. Also I didn't even think about running some antifreeze through the ballast pump either. What you think?

I was on the thread that you're referring to. He was saying that if it is direct injected definitely don't fog.

My old 05' black scorpion was fogged each year..

• Like 1

-HONCHO-    13

I have a stupid question about winterizing. In regards to draining your block, In theory, couldn't you just run antifreeze through the fake lake until it comes out the exhaust? 

Wylie_Tunes    146
15 minutes ago, -HONCHO- said:

I have a stupid question about winterizing. In regards to draining your block, In theory, couldn't you just run antifreeze through the fake lake until it comes out the exhaust? 

Nope. 1) with a bock full of water, most of the A/F will quickly find its way out of the exhaust before filling the block. 2) marine/RV antifreeze is meant to be used at 100%. Diluting quickly raises its freeze point. So what did make it into the block, will be diluted, leaving the system poorly protected. 

best method, drain the system of all water, then use A/F if needed. 

• Like 1