CO Surfer    289

There are a few minor things with the screens that I've found (SV not Ri237). Spelling stuff on the GPS screen like debris being spelled "Dabree". Apparently the person doing the programming is not French.

The clock on the main screen has a minor issue. 12:00 Noon shows as 12:00 AM. It does finally swap over to PM once it hits 1:00. Sounds like they need someone doing a QC check on the programming.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

A little more QC in all departments wouldn't be a bad thing! Just sayin.

And why the hell cant I adjust the timers on the ramfill?! I have to override three times at 11mph to overfill the ramfill tanks! Oh yeah... And don't know if anyone else has noticed this. Whenever I pull the boat out of the lake I put ram gates open in trailer mode. But once you kill the ignition(turn off the screens) the gates close. But they say they're still open! WTF!?

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 2

stoked    1,039

DITTO!! Everyone overrides, just let us adjust the flippin' timers!! Maybe the next update?

I wonder if they're locked so they can claim fill in under 60 seconds? Just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

Classic marketing scheme.. You can still adjust the other bags timers ya?

Fivebar2    176

You can adjust the timers, the issue is that on of the timers doesn't adjust correctly (at least in my boat). It always runs much faster than the others. You cannot adjust the ramfill timers.

Edited by Fivebar2

rockballer    162

So I test drove and surfed a Ri237 today. WOW... Only issue I seen is that it looses ballast, power or something as the day goes.. Went out filled to LakeSurfers specs (Thanks!) and the wave was awesome... After 3 people it wouldn't go past 11.4mph... WTF??

Btw, the pre set is garbage...

Ummmmm Maybe.... This concerns me as it was my first surf with the factory ballast in a Ri237... 5 hours on it. The whole left side of the audio system would shut down intermittently as well, You could hear the channel also go out in the woofer. Wasn't impressed besides the factory sub..

Thanks for the review. Would love to upgrade my boat but after looking at a few of the new centurions... Looks as though I am about 1-2 years out for an upgrade. Just not totally impressed with the new boats. Don't get me wrong they are allot nicer.. But I don't see them being the huge upgrade I am looking for technology wise ect.. They have come a long ways though.

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks for the review. Would love to upgrade my boat but after looking at a few of the new centurions... Looks as though I am about 1-2 years out for an upgrade. Just not totally impressed with the new boats. Don't get me wrong they are allot nicer.. But I don't see them being the huge upgrade I am looking for technology wise ect.. They have come a long ways though.

You waiting for Tesla tech to be introduced? Go for a demo... I think you'll change your mind.

• Like 1

Fivebar2    176

Yes there are some programming issues with the boat that should never leave the plant. However, with that being said the boat is incredible in every way. Tons of storage, very deep, smooth, looks great and did I mention the wave is incredible!

post-7849-0-50276900-1467648610_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Cdifranco    463

I'm personally not floored with the tech... Waves great but for msrp price I think they could pay a little more attention to detail on some features.. Software issues leaving the factory is embarrassing in my opinion. Awful look for a dealer when he goes to hit the "generic" settings and it doesn't work right

• Like 1

Fivebar2    176

I'm personally not floored with the tech... Waves great but for msrp price I think they could pay a little more attention to detail on some features.. Software issues leaving the factory is embarrassing in my opinion. Awful look for a dealer when he goes to hit the "generic" settings and it doesn't work right

I don't disagree, the boat should never be released to the market with these issues.

nailem    29

You said you felt like you lost bow weight and at the same time you could not get up to speed. My guess is exactly like you said. So much weight in the back and not enough in the bow. Next time your out fill the back but nothing in the front. I bet it won't get to speed. Now add bow weight and you'll get there.

My buddy has a 2016 Malibu with 1100 plug and playou. With a full crew in the playpen it won't get above 10.4 move one 200lb guy up front and it has no problem getting to 11.4. He does have the upgraded motor with stock prop.

So question is why did you loose bow weight?

DarksideR    1,679

My bags will lose almost all the water out of them in about 4 hours of surfing. I'm 95%sure they're draining through the pumps out the bottom of the boat.

stoked    1,039

Wow! We're not that bad. You think you're losing it through the johnsons?!?

I did happened to catch siphon draining while my gas aggressive friend was driving the boat today. He was power turning and coming at me full surf speed throwing it hard into reverse when he got to me. I was cringing while watching the water dump out the ram and vents. I was already telling him how to turn that I didn't want to bombard him with "pointers", especially because he was nice enough to pull me. Next outing's lesson...

Edited by stoked
  • Like 2

rockballer    162

That's one thing my boat doesn't loose. Is ballast. Took one roller off the front once.. it was from some A-hole surfing in a supreme.... LOL all good though because I'm usually the A-hole. It had a massive wave and more than 1 person on the wave.

I would demo Dark but I'm more of the... if you get me on that and it's nicer than my current boat... It's sold. Just kind of how I am. Gets expensive fast... it's a good thing extreme doesn't have pushy sales tactics. If I see something that stands out in the future I will demo it. Still not liking the new boats technology wise. Have been to the Malibu dealer and not once did they offer to take me out on a demo. Let's just say I would pull out the wallet right away. Absolutely love the technology on the Malibus. ... ever since I got my A-Plate installed.... this boat ain't going anywhere. Absolutely love my wave now.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by rockballer
  • Like 2

rockballer    162

Do all ramfill boats leak ballast?

Troy    234

Love my wave on my Avy also. Not huge but just NICE.

DarksideR    1,679

Do all ramfill boats leak ballast?

It's not the Ramfill. It's the bags.

truekaotik    458

Bow is bag like dark said.. Now

Still not overly impressed after a second outing... They both ran fine the first few pulls then the low speed thing happened again. Even when shutting off the boat and breakers.. Hmmm

My Avy throws a very reliable above par wave but feels small interior wise anymore.

Edited by truekaotik

DarksideR    1,679

That's super weird. Too bad.

rockballer    162

X2 on above. I am absolutely in love with my AVY wave... but when you get over 8+ people on my boat is tight... have had it full before and you can hardly move with 12 people