FargoDawg

2015 SV233 bow ballast

FargoDawg    8

is it needed? my 12 didn't have it and was good, now with Ramfill we wont have much room for stuff.....

anyone have advice? I think the maiden voyage is on Thursday so I can diagnose a little on my own.

I rarely fill the bow on the 233, but it's nice to have. If storage is the concern, just don't fill it when you need the room. It's a bag so when it's empty it's not taking up any space. Hope that helps..

LKASurfing    53

Typically with the SV you will not need the bow weight. The only time I run it is with a lot of people sitting in the back of the boat to draw the wake out.

I hope your new boat has PnP in the rear!!

stoked    1,039

Typically with the SV you will not need the bow weight. The only time I run it is with a lot of people sitting in the back of the boat to draw the wake out.

I hope your new boat has PnP in the rear!!

I think we need to do this the next time we're out, it was almost too steep

DarksideR    1,679

I think we need to do this the next time we're out, it was almost too steep

You don't always fill the bow!? We had extra lead in my 22 bow! Plus the bag. Always full for surf. Did the same in my dealers FS33, minus the lead.

stoked    1,039

Bow PnP is always 100%, but this past weekend with 600lbs of lead and LKASurfing sitting on the rear storage, we were pretty steep. In hindsight we should have moved 100-200lbs to the bow.

dejoeco    59

Some people do not sue bow weight and others do. I am in favor of it for the regular side wake.I remove a good portion for the goofy wake. I use the bow plus about 200#.

In addition, I do not have PNP because I use hard weight. This allows me to keep my storage lockers in the rear.

Edited by dejoeco

CO Surfer    289

I'm curious as to how much hard weight you have in the lockers. Are you moving it from one side to the other at all?

dejoeco    59

I'm curious as to how much hard weight you have in the lockers. Are you moving it from one side to the other at all?

I do not move anything. I have about equal weight on both sides. The rear lockers have about 250# or so using weight plates that I have covered with a plastic bag and waterproof duct tape. The beauty of the weight plates is they are thin and can fit in the small space under the seats.. I have about 125# under the side seats on each side. I add about 100# in the battery storage area and a 150# under the center bow cushion,

You can often find weight plates for sale on Craigslist reasonably priced.

Edited by dejoeco

BigFoiz    23

You don't always fill the bow!? We had extra lead in my 22 bow! Plus the bag. Always full for surf. Did the same in my dealers FS33, minus the lead.

If I don't fill mine the wave is like 6 feet high and about that long too lol!

FargoDawg    8

update after some tinkering.

ive been filling it full, when I don't have it full it only effects the push a little. I have put more time into adding counter weight via the STB PNP, considering adding some off side Ram also.

don't like that the A Plate sprays so much, but I can live with it, it just looks messy does not seem to effect the wave.

I love this wave!!! and am loving the RAM and CATS, makes the wife more comfy driving and its nice to give a little tweak at speed when the fatsos aren't evenly sided in the boat.

thanks for the responses