ReSession

New dock in!

ReSession    165

110' x 6' floating dock - Sunstream 8000lb hydraulic lift goes in today/tomorrow.

Can't wait to be the first on/last off the lake and take advantage of the post-thunderstorm glass!

http://m.imgur.com/a/5okLn

• Like 3

Bongo Fury    640

Sweet!!! Can't wait for more pictures!

ReSession    165

The link was whack...this should be better for viewing:

(gotta put a fresh coat of paint on this week)

M5cpfK2.jpg

YYXrHoE.jpg

orXo3dq.jpg

SYJkxFD.jpg

Edited by ReSession
  • Like 4

Bongo Fury    640

When is the show on your pad airing on HGTV....my wife watches all those House Hunter shows.....keep watching for yours!

viking    491

Give us all a heads up if you can before it airs. Would like to catch it if I can!!

Cdifranco    463

^^^^^x3

ReSession    165

Lift got delivered this morning (need to raise the battery box to put it a little deeper and my guy couldn't do it on his own...but he did everything else before 7am!)

*Also, for anyone wondering what that black furry animal is on my dock...let me introduce you to GULL CAT! The first day I put the dock in, seagulls and ducks shat all over it. Going on day 3 with Gull Cat and the birds want nothing to do with my dock now. It has fur, bobble head and moving tail - I'll let you know how it goes over the summer, but so far so good. I picked it up for $49 but looks like that was a winter sale price that ended last week?

0yTEQ2m.jpg

ZfMdgKD.jpg

KeuhMsT.jpg

2Vv1RXu.jpg

Edited by ReSession
  • Like 2

stoked    1,039

I need to get one of those, the birds just laugh at my plastic owl with the movable head.

Cdifranco    463

I need one badddd... My remedy has been to leave a broom down there and just clean the dock every day haha

Good to see the lakes glass too!

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 1

ReSession    165

A better look at Gull Cat - honestly, it's just creepy enough to work!

DarksideR    1,679

That's gonna give me nightmares!

viking    491

That Water :thumbsup:

You need to be out there Resession!!

• Like 1

DrNate    426

That is awesome! I need a gull cat by my pool.

Any plans to cover the boat lift? I've never seen a lift like that. Would love to see it in action with the boat on it

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

X2 on the lift!! Is there any worry of it "sinking" over time especially with 5000lbs+ on it?

ReSession    165

Sunstream makes an automatic cover that I may end up getting...the canopy option runs around $5k and I'm not as fond of the big bulkiness. Check out the vids on http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/SwiftShieldA_web.pdf

Can it sink? Highly Doubtful...my guy replaced the 4 feet with 2 pressure-treated 12' skids and he will use the barge to pull it into deeper water, then use the winch on his tractor to pull it in over the sandy bottom at the end of the season. If boat lifts sink... Boat lift manufacturers are in the wrong biz ;)

Gullcat continues to enforce the no-birds-on-dock rule like a BOSS...I should have signed up as a reseller because a half dozen orders destined for VT have already been placed by my fellow dock owners. Seriously, if you have bird issues...buy one!

And finally...you've all been asking and I just saw it posted yesterday. Set your DVRs for June 26th at 8:30 (prime time!) for the season ender of HGTV's "Lakefront Bargain Hunt" because they're saving the best for last! There should be some decent vid of us wakesurfing behind my 233!

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/lakefront-bargain-hunt/episodes/a-lake-champlain-staycation-in-burlington-vermont

Disclaimer: my top budget wasn't really $360k...that's the SHOW's cutoff point to be included under the "bargain" price, so they told me I needed to say these things and make it appear I'm really strapped for cash...I'm just wrapping up a full exterior renovation on it which included a new standing seam metal roof, new siding and Azek trim, new Marvin Integrity windows and sliders, new 12x45' Trex deck with covered/3-season porch, and a 160 sq ft mudroom addition with dog/foot wash station! Interior gets remodeled in the fall :)http://i.imgur.com/DiGrgJe.jpg

Edited by ReSession
  • Like 2

viking    491

Thanks. I'll definitely tune in. Watched several episodes of the show and makes me somewhat envious of the availability of lakefront property in other parts of the country!

What's a little of the back story? How on earth did you get hooked up with the show and production anyway?

CO Surfer    289

I think most people watching those shows understand there are "liberties" taken with the facts. It entertains my family to no end to watch "Love it or List it". I always know there will be a problem with 1.) A load bearing wall no one expects; 2.) Water lines/issues that will require substantial replumbing; or 3.) Completely unexpected mold or old wiring that needs to be replaced.

They're still fun to watch.

• Like 2

DrNate    426

I love lakefront bargain hunt. We DVR them all of the time. Looking forward to seeing your episode