Troy

New pickup

Troy    234

Picked up my new truck in November and she finally got the chance to pull the boat this past weekend to go get the boat trailer inspected.

2015 F150 XLT 2wd 5.0l. 302A package, Extended range fuel tank, 3.55 electronic locking diff, trailer tow package.

Truck pulled the boat GREAT! I did notice the boat behind the truck due to weight and the truck being light, A lot different then our Excursion. But initial thoughts are the truck is awesome.

95e9d880ef454b65feef79e1a6f550ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Nice truck Troy, I am thinking about getting an f150 again, it was one of my favorite trucks. I like my f250 , but the thing is like a tank sometimes. Forget about making u turns. Does the 2 wd have more towing capacity than a 4x4? I think they do. Cheers

WickedC4    12

Oh man nice x mas present! Our your mud/rock flaps on your truck or trailer?

Troy    234

Nice truck Troy, I am thinking about getting an f150 again, it was one of my favorite trucks. I like my f250 , but the thing is like a tank sometimes. Forget about making u turns. Does the 2 wd have more towing capacity than a 4x4? I think they do. Cheers

Thank you. I have the 5.0 2wd the towing capacity is 10,100, the 4x4 would be 9100lbs set up the same. I was surprised on how well the truck pulled the boat!

Oh man nice x mas present! Our your mud/rock flaps on your truck or trailer?

Thank you. The mud/rock flaps are attached to the 2' receiver on the truck. When I take out the receiver the mud flaps come off also. Love the setup!

Edited by Troy
  • Like 1

SurferAdam    168

I grabbed a new little ford pickup too, haven't tried pulling the boat with it yet but I'm sure it'll do alright

post-3343-0-31461600-1451451951_thumb.jpg

Troy    234

I grabbed a new little ford pickup too, haven't tried pulling the boat with it yet but I'm sure it'll do alright

a F450!!! Drool!!!!!!! :unworthy::unworthy::unworthy::unworthy::unworthy::unworthy:

h20king    794

I hear if something goes wrong with the powerstroke the body has to be pulled to remove the engine$$$$. A 3500 Denali would have looked great with the vet. Silly guys and your Ford's LOL

• Like 1

Nick213    583

I hear if something goes wrong with the powerstroke the body has to be pulled to remove the engine$$$$. A 3500 Denali would have looked great with the vet. Silly guys and your Ford's LOL

I agree!!! Or save some cash and just tow the boat with the vet :p

I'll try to find the video of that.....

Edited by Nick213

SurferAdam    168

That was what I wanted but since the new truck is for towing my excavators and skid steer I needed the towing capacity, 19.5 wheels, bigger brakes, way better turning radius due to wide track front end. I kept my old 09 duramax Sierra since they only offered me $29k on trade for it and it only has just over 100k Kms on it, I figured it would be good to have around for when the ford breaks down. Probably just leave it up at my lake house this summer to drag the boat around

• Like 2