DarksideR

November pics and video 2015

DarksideR    1,679

You the Man Jester!

If I didn't have to take my kids to hockey seven days a week I'd be in my dry suit too. The water is always so calm in the cold months.

Dreamer! Still alive!? Nice to see you sticking around

Bongo Fury    640

Hey Bongo do you guys go out much in the winter on CL? I know this year isn't looking so good due to levels, but temps don't get too bad over there right? I wear a 2mil on mendo when it has water. :thumbdown:

Winter can be awesome. We normally take the boat off the lift on Thanksgiving. My boys ride with a light wet suit before the turkey. We put back in end of March. Winter on Clear Lake is so beautiful......besides not riding its probably my favorite time of the year there. We always spend Thanksgiving and Christmas at the lake.

• Like 2

stoked    1,039

If I didn't have to take my kids to hockey seven days a week I'd be in my dry suit too. The water is always so calm in the cold months.

Stereotypical Canadians....

• Like 4

DarksideR    1,679

Went out today on a Supreme S238. Water temp 46, air was around 40( whatever 5C is ) bloody cold. The owner had upgraded the rear PNP bags to flyhigh 1100's. They fill the space nicely, but don't fill completely. I'd guess approximately 900-950lbs.

Reg surf setup:

Both QF tanks full

Port PNP full

Starboard PNP 400lbs( probably could have had even more )

Both bow full

400 bag on seat ( there's room for probably a 800lbs bag under the port seat. )

The wave was very nice. Not over the top amazing, but still a very good wave.

post-848-0-09964400-1448499961_thumb.jpgpost-848-0-04985200-1448499973_thumb.jpg

Goof surf setup:

STBD QF full

STBD PNP full

Port PNP 300ish lbs

400 bag on STBD seat( room for maybe 500-600lb bag under seat.

One of the bow ballast full. Unsure which one. There is a tank and a bag.

Again, the wave was nice, but didn't blow my mind.

post-848-0-00686200-1448499894_thumb.jpgpost-848-0-57542900-1448499910_thumb.jpgpost-848-0-59532700-1448499924_thumb.jpg

Both myself and the boat owner believe that a normal, or Asymetric wing plate would help improve the wave. The radio-edit plate is meant to work with Quicksurf, and every time we tried to use Quicksurf, it just flatened out the wave like deploying the center tab does.

The boat is really nice inside and out. The flip up bolster is too soft just like Nasmith(lakesurfer) stated in his review of the boat. There's no way to run the interior lights and bow lights at the same time which is really dumb. There is rocker switches EVERYWHERE, which was a bit difficult to find which ones I was looking for. Something you'd get used to I'm sure. It had the base engine, but matched to the new trans with 1.72/1 ratio, the thing launches out of the hole and feels like a much more powerful boat! Acceleration is smooth and it handles even better than the S226 with the single tracking fin.

All in all, it could be a replacement for my FX22, but I think I like my FX22 better.

• Like 2

stoked    1,039

Tapatalk didn't radio edit your comment at first, hilarious!!!!

Lak3surf3r    714

Nice write up Dark, you got a better demo than I did on the thing for sure!

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Here's a quick video of the S238 waves. Just because I haven't seen much that impressed me on YouTube and I think this almost does the trick.

stoked    1,039

Here's a quick video of the S238 waves. Just because I haven't seen much that impressed me on YouTube and I think this almost does the trick.

Nice video! Goofy wave looked better than the port!

Cdifranco    463

. Exactly how we want it!!!

DarksideR    1,679

Port side was taller and steeper but not as long. I think we had a hair too much counterweight on the reg side setup. It's funny, in person I didn't think the goofy wave was that impressive. But the video shows it as being really quite good. Maybe deep down I just don't want to be impressed by it because I still want the FS33!

Lak3surf3r    714

The kid mid air 360 attempt and a huge off axis air behind my RI237 today. These are all stock ballast with quicksurf btw. Super cold today at 67, we almost put on heater tops ;)

post-5679-0-24577000-1448675413_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-11811700-1448675414_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-02959100-1448675415_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-03054900-1448675416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Looks long and powerful. That new board seems to be working for Hailey! HUGE boned out air!

How's the fuel economy comparing to your FS44?

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1

h20king    794

Dark next time try without counter weight .My experiences are the supreme does not like much at all. Can't wait to get mine

Lak3surf3r    714

Looks long and powerful. That new board seems to be working for Hailey! HUGE boned out air!

How's the fuel economy comparing to your FS44?

I havent done the math on it yet. I dont know if I want ot know lol

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Dark next time try without counter weight .My experiences are the supreme does not like much at all. Can't wait to get mine

We had it setup with just the QF tank as counter and it was really clean. Added the 400lbs in the starboard bag and the wave size increased instantly. But, it wasn't as clean. 200-300lbs may have been the magic number. Can't wait to see yours!

• Like 1