NW Boat Sports    232

Pop the back legs up, fold the bimini forward, pop the front legs OUT, fold the bimini all the way back, towards the board racks, put the back legs back in, put the bimini boot on. This is how I like to tow with it. You can also from this step, pop the rear legs out again, move the bimini in boot forward and strap to the tower with the provided straps. I don't like to to this because it rubs on the tower...

boatnut    230
Pop the back legs up, fold the bimini forward, pop the front legs OUT, fold the bimini all the way back, towards the board racks, put the back legs back in, put the bimini boot on. This is how I like to tow with it. You can also from this step, pop the rear legs out again, move the bimini in boot forward and strap to the tower with the provided straps. I don't like to to this because it rubs on the tower...

Hey, here's good question as well, when towing the boat with the cover on, should we put the poles on underneath the cover??

DarksideR    1,679

Hey, here's good question as well, when towing the boat with the cover on, should we put the poles on underneath the cover??

A few people on here on another thread have said that they do tow with the poles in place. Say it's fine. I'm still on the fence about it. But realistically, it should be fine.

volzalum    280

I have towed both with and without the poles in mine. I like leaving the poles in better because the cover is tighter overall. Only thing I remove for towing is the strap that goes around the tower tow point and clips to the loop on the cover.

boatnut    230

Awesome, gonna leave them in, heading for a long drive tomorrow, heading to woods Lake for a few days!!!

Funny about the loop strap, cause I had one on my tige, but it was a neat winch and it had to be on for travel, but the sewing on the over was quite robust, compared to the centurion cover, does anybody put a little shrink wrap around the rub rail, to protect against rubbing?

Edited by boatnut

stoked    1,039

My dealer and the instructions that came with my boat said don't tow with the poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatnut    230
My dealer and the instructions that came with my boat said don't tow with the poles.

Holy be jeebers!!!! You got a manual with your boat???? Do tell, lol!!! Where actually in your manual does it say that by chance

stoked    1,039

It was a single piece of paper that said not to trailer with the poles or pylon strap. I'll see if I can find it. It makes sense though, you don't want the pressure from the wind stretching or ripping your canvas

boatnut    230

The pylon strap I can understand, it's not reinforced like my old tige was, but the poles should stop the rippleing effect

volzalum    280

My instructions and the manufacturer website only say don't tow with pylon strap. Funny how we all get different directions.

viking    491

There was an insert with my boat cover that indicates fine to tow but not over posted speed limit.

I tow with my anti pool poles and cover installed and just finished traveling over 1000miles no problem.

I did take my bimini cover off and threw it in the boat though. I've towed with it as NW boats indicated in the rear locked position on shorter trips (200mi round trip). Also I strap it in the up position while on the water only and would not tow with it as it does rub on tower.

viking    491

post-3649-0-58999400-1437325002_thumb.jpg

Here's the instruction sheet included with my cover. Might be too small to read?

"The Vacu-Hold system allows trailering at highway speeds (65mph) without billowing or buffeting"

"Never trailer at speeds above the speed limit"

NOTE: I'll let you canadians do the conversion to km (LOL)

boatnut    230

Towed mine for 5 hours today with the poles and it was all good!!

NW Boat Sports    232

I would not tow with the cover on unless it's raining or you have goods inside that might fly out. If you have to tow with the cover on, then cling wrap your rubrail so the cover does not rub/scratch the gelcoat. Leaving the poles in for a tighter fit sounds like a good idea, but tow without the cover if you can..

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 1

boatnut    230

Don't like towing for 5 hours, without the cover, bugs, rocks etc

Nate2215    25

I towed with my cover on for about 800kms when I first bought the boat (the dealer sent me out that way and told me it was totally fine)

I noticed very light scratching in the black part of my gel coat on top. Not real happy with that on a boat that had 0.3 hrs. The scratches mostly buffed out and I'm sure with a power buffer and the right product they would buff out.

Now I try not to tow with the cover on and when I go on long trips I pick up the bulk roll of shrink wrap from u-haul and wrap my entire boat around the rub rail up to the top of the gel coat about 4 times.

While I'm at it I wrap the tower and Bimini really tight which holds it all together and keeps the Bimini from scratching the tower.

What is this rear locked position you speak of? I'm not understanding. Does anyone have a picture?

I tow with it in the upper position with the straps tight to the tower and I am not really impressed with how my tower is taking it. I try to pull the cover down on both sides to keep the metal bars of the Bimini off of the tower but it doesn't always end up the what when I get to where I am going.