DarksideR    1,679

On my 2015 FS44 the valves automatically shut every time the system boots.

When they actually work you mean? Lol. Just kidding, like I said above, mine haven't failed me since the initial first test.

DarksideR    1,679

LOL!

bluesman280    99

So......I am now dealing with sticky quick fill valves on my 2012 Sv233. Lubed the heck out of them with silicone spray but they were still a little sticky.

Since we are gearing up to leave for 10 days of camping on Friday, I stopped by "Shipwreck Marine" yesterday to pick up a new valve as a backup. Much cheaper from Drain master, but needed a valve sooner than later

First question was.....did you buy it here?

No, but you are my local Centurion dealer, do you have one in stock?

No.....we don't stock any Centurion parts, we only bring them in as we need them, it will be a week to 10 days.

Hard to call yourself a dealership with no available parts in stock.......

Do you want me to order the part?

No thanks.....I bought my boat in Calgary, and they actually have parts in stock.

Walked out the door and called Jeff back at Absolut Water Sports in Calgary. Ordered up a quick fill valve, a spare seal kit, a spare water pump impeller, and a few other misc parts and had them shipped for overnight delivery. Sucks that I have to get parts from 3 hers away when I have two other dealers closer, but glad at least Jeff stocks parts.

Luckily the quick fills seemed to work out on the water today after the silicone spray. Should have a backup by morning.

bluesman280    99

After a bit of research online, a few threads popped up in the RV forums......we are not the only guys having issues with the Drainmater valves. Lots of RV guys are pulling them out and just going back to the manual valves.

They appear to have a shittier problem than we do,......valves are leaking, or sticking closed so they can't drain their sewer tanks.

• Like 2

stoked    1,039

After two weeks I finally got this letter from Fineline and was told it would be 3 more weeks till my parts came in. They seem to point a finger at boat owners not properly maintaining the valves... Which is funny in my case since the plastic piece broke after less than 1 hour of ownership. Guess I should have lubed the crap out of that plastic for that first hour... They do answer the question raised here about the boat always being in "Trailer Mode" when not in the water.

I already have the newer ones, at only $163 I may order an additional set or two to keep as spares so we don't have another ruined weekend

RamFill Gate Info.pdf

Cdifranco    463

Well isn't that a load of bullsh*t. Guys writes a check for six figures and gets told its his fault the valves didn't work right out of the factory. That would be strike one from Centurion for me. Maybe even strike two since they didn't work to begin with.

• Like 1

chadr    328

My 2008 with pumps is looking better and better all the time!

• Like 4

stoked    1,039

good news. Centurion is going to replace all 4 of my valves with the new style. The part # is e40a.

That's exactly what I have in my boat. From Valterra's page for that exact part number:

XgYUPx7.jpg

What I circled in red with my mad photoshop skills is what broke on mine, it's a little stupid plastic clip that holds that plastic "O" in place. The purpose of the "O" is It slides over the handle of the gate (which is turned away from us in the photo) and is used to raise and lower the gate (as well as hold it closed when under way. In order to fix the break? Replace the whole thing... It's such a silly point of failure for something that is $242... I bet the actuator arm is only a couple of Canadian dollars...

On second thought, looking at this photo has me thinking my gates were installed wrong. I don't think the "O" actually goes over the handle, I deduced this because my non-broken port side gate is set up with the "O" over the handle (which I thought was stupid), but instead it looks like the handle goes through the square and the "O" is a finger pull to unclip and release the gate handle from the square so you can rotate it out and manually operate it. That's probably why mine broke to freakin' begin with!!!! :wallbash::censored:

Edited by stoked

DarksideR    1,679

Uhmm... yeah. I think you got it right in the end there. That silver handle "should be" the manual backup gate. It doesn't move with the actuator. At least on my older Drainmaster valves, that is the case.

stoked    1,039

Uhmm... yeah. I think you got it right in the end there. That silver handle "should be" the manual backup gate. It doesn't move with the actuator. At least on my older Drainmaster valves, that is the case.

Not quite. The handle should move with the actuator, just not via the plastic "O". The actuator moves the handle up and down to open and close the gates, to do it manually you remove the "O" and turn the handle 1/4 of a turn so you can then open and close it via pulling and pushing the handle by hand.

Cdifranco    463

Would these valves work for the quickfill non ramfill valves? Centurion sent me these new valves as a warranty replacement and during install I notice they don't really fit up perfect like the old ones did.

DarksideR    1,679

Not quite. The handle should move with the actuator, just not via the plastic "O". The actuator moves the handle up and down to open and close the gates, to do it manually you remove the "O" and turn the handle 1/4 of a turn so you can then open and close it via pulling and pushing the handle by hand.

Well that is very different from the Drainmaster valves then. Seems odd.

stoked    1,039

We made a quick surf run yesterday so I took the opportunity to fix my valves, they operate WAY better now. First thing I did when I got back was tell the dealer they were installed wrong. It is 100% the reason why that clip broke, it wasn't meant to handle the pressure of lifting the handle.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

I got my boat back from the dealer and they couldnt get the valves to fault there, but they still replaced the PDM that controls the valves. Within 30 min on the water I got a RAM fault error on my Valterras from the port side this time and it wouldn't drain now... I had to pull it manually to empty it.

post-5679-0-19866400-1435597875_thumb.jpg

Edited by nasmith342

stoked    1,039

Dude, suck!! I'm really hoping I don't start getting errors like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lak3surf3r    714

Dude, suck!! I'm really hoping I don't start getting errors like that!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been a non stop issue in a matter of convenience since ive owned the boat but luckily ive never been stranded on the water ever.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Dude, suck!! I'm really hoping I don't start getting errors like that!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been a non stop issue in a matter of convenience since ive owned the boat but luckily ive never been stranded on the water ever.

So I guess that 238 is looking better and better?

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

So I guess that 238 is looking better and better? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, I cant wait to get it on the water in a couple weeks. Im hoping that the quickfill wont have the same issues. I had problems with my quickfill valves getting stuck shut with water in them on my FX22 so hopefully that is solved.

stoked    1,039

So I guess that 238 is looking better and better? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, I cant wait to get it on the water in a couple weeks. Im hoping that the quickfill wont have the same issues. I had problems with my quickfill valves getting stuck shut with water in them on my FX22 so hopefully that is solved.

Off topic but I flippin' knew the second I dropped the coin on the best surf boat I could find, right after a better one would come out... And for cheaper!!

• Like 2