volzalum

May Picture and Video Thread

tprice    118

H20, I believe they are on # 5

I just had a buddy pick up one about a month ago. A buddy traded in his Malibu last summer for a. 226 and Michael should be getting his this week.

Water temp at lacamas was. 63

Stretch    409

9da39b93557ca9a9f7ddc0bf0a9733fb.jpg

Was weighted, now in middle of lake dropping weight and wondering why I'm overheating. Ugh.

Stretch    409

And now sounds like my starters gone because I only get a loud squeal when attempting

DarksideR    1,679

Yikes!

Lak3surf3r    714

And now sounds like my starters gone because I only get a loud squeal when attempting

There always at least one good start left when you bang on the solenoid with a hammer lightly while cranking it. Sucks thats happening right now though.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

There always at least one good start left when you bang on the solenoid with a hammer lightly while cranking it. Sucks thats happening right now though.

This v drive has me all turned around and I can't find anything.. Where is it? Lol

Lak3surf3r    714

This v drive has me all turned around and I can't find anything.. Where is it? Lol

Im not sure what motor you have but it looks like this below and should be on the forward bow facing side of the engine bay near the vdrive. just tap on the upper solenoid thats on top of the starter. but make sur enot to hit the positive wire and arc anything out.

post-5679-0-86341900-1432160645_thumb.jpg

Edited by nasmith342

Stretch    409

Im not sure what motor you have but it looks like this below and should be on the forward bow facing side of the engine bay near the vdrive. just tap on the upper solenoid thats on top of the starter. but make sur enot to hit the positive wire and arc anything out.

Merc 350 mag and can't find it to save my life

Stretch    409

Which is annoying since I've replaced plenty and know exactly what hey look like.. Probably just stressed by the situation

DarksideR    1,679

I believe it's under your exhaust manifold on the port side. It's way down low at the side of the engine. At least from what I just searched on the net!

Lak3surf3r    714

dark is right, here it is tucked under. you might have to use a screwdriver on the solenoid and band on the end of that with a hammer.

post-5679-0-60843600-1432161352_thumb.jpg

Edited by nasmith342

Stretch    409

Thanks guys. Found it tried it not even a budge

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Called the tow service. Also had a friendly g23 come buy and rock us bad enough to knock the 540 off the seat... So now it's upside down and we can't get to it for the pump :)

Lak3surf3r    714

Called the tow service. Also had a friendly g23 come buy and rock us bad enough to knock the 540 off the seat... So now it's upside down and we can't get to it for the pump :)

ouch, when it rains it pours unfortunately!

Stretch    409

ouch, when it rains it pours unfortunately!

yup. Now trying to figure out if I should try to replace it or take it somewhere

Bongo Fury    640

I feel for you Stretch.....not being mechanically inclined I would take my boat to the dealer and have them do a complete inspection and replace anything needed. It may be a little coin upfront but could save you from what your dealing with today. Good luck man!!

Lak3surf3r    714

if you are overheating, your impeller may be toast or one of your water inlets could be plugged as well. Flush that system good when you get it back. I have a strainer on my FS44 and did as well on my FX22 but that didnt stop pollen from getting in the block and clogging the manifold and almost caused a massive problem by overheating within 1 min and by the time the alarm sounded and I shut her down it was already at 220 degrees. luckily it didnt break anything or warp the head. Im glad my FS44 has a closed cooling system for the head and fresh water for the block now so its a little more protected.

Stretch    409

Timing of this just sucks. So temp is fine unless trying to surf. I'm not sure but seems like engine starts straining like crazy trying to keep at surf speeds with this stock prop and then overheats. Going to get impeller changed just in case. Idled and warmed up.. Mozied out of no wake zone all good. I rode out a few miles at 28 and all was perfect, filled up the bags, and went to do some more dialing of the wave and 4 minutes or so into pull alarm went of and I cut it immediately. Cools down.. All seems okay. Going to limp back to dock and starter joins the party. What a day. I'd love a fs or something but I thought I was doing good with a hurricane at 22 years old LOL