boatnut

New stereo coming for the 210

DarksideR    1,679

Thought I read on here somewhere about contacting Wetsounds to get a good starting point for settings. I get that all amps even when they're the same model are a little different. But settings should be pretty similar when all components are the same. No?

boatnut    230

You will get it right... Only reason I getting them to do it is because the price was right, would have cost me more if I bought the equipment somewhere else,.... I did cars when I was younger, I have a pretty good knowledge of systems, plus once he's done, I will use my audio control analyzer, (old school) to check it all out :) but I am guessing all the gains will be turned right down, as well I don't like using any bass boost etc..

Edited by boatnut

boatnut    230
Thought I read on here somewhere about contacting Wetsounds to get a good starting point for settings. I get that all amps even when they're the same model are a little different. But settings should be pretty similar when all components are the same. No?

All systems are different, no two systems are alike......

truekaotik    458

Viking and Dark you can call me anytime for help with setting the amplifiers up when your ready....

viking    491

Thanks - I might just do that! :unworthy:

Edited by viking

Wylie_Tunes    146

Ya but what if the installer is ME? I'm in the boondocks and no installer here does marine on a regular basis. All my stuff came from WS online retailer.

That's why all the questions. I want to make sure I do it right. I plan on hitting up Odin at Earmark for some pointers as well. Bad tuning can not only ruin equipment but make a great system sound like A$$ so I want to get it done right.

If you purchased through Odin, then you are in good hands with any install or tuning question you may have.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Wet Sounds is always there to support their customers, as well as your installing retailer can be a front line resource for setup and tuning.

In my experience, I have found that the higher end amps are more consistent across the board when it comes to the accuracy of the dial settings. They tend to use higher quality POTs with tighter tolerance.

Price point amps that label the dial every 10hz on the cross-over, never seem to be close. When you are shooting for 125hz, the dial is pointing to something like 250hz. So you have to take those numbers with a grain of salt and use your ear to detect if its tuned too high or low.

boatnut    230

The roswell amp I have is Like that, it's pots and switches are brutal...... Why would Centurion change..... But on the other hand the 6.5" speakers aren't to shabby Infact......

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks AGAIN everyone!

boatnut    230

Well the boat is now in there hands,... Let's see how it looks and sounds when it's all done... I will then take it to cultus Lake, and go for a float Saturday!! Who's coming??

boatnut    230

Well it never fails, the JL audio Rep sys 12w3 is not recommended for boat usage, and I should use a TW3 not a W3 which is ridiculous, I can't use a TW3 cause it's dual 4 ohm, and I can't you a exile xi12 either cause it's dual 4 ohm with a westsound SD 6 running bridge into three channels, cause it's only rated for 4 ohms... Jeesh what a pain, now I will have to do a exile 302 for the towers and a exile xm1.2 for the subs if I go with a exile 12 sub :(

Wylie_Tunes    146

Dooo wut? The dude knows his product but he doesnt know boats. The T line is their shallow mount and is no way the ideal woofer for a boat. You are sacrificing excursion for the sake of a shallow enclosure, which is never an issue in a boat.

Trust me, go with the W3 and stick with your original plan.

truekaotik    458

Wylie is right, dude don't know.... Also this is where people start to disagree on boat quality product.... 12w3 for a boat ported.... Have boats 6 years old running these???? Your fine if tuned....

Edited by truekaotik

truekaotik    458

Don't suffice for Exile when a place don't understand the boating community.... You want what you want, they should make it happen.. Period..

boatnut    230

The person I am dealing with can't get JL, cause he's not a dealer for them, so I called the dealer up, and that's what the idiot told me, so instead I am gonna do and Xi 12 with a xm12.1 and a xm15.4 bridged for the Rev 10's and saves me money In the end.. Whoot Whoot!!!

Also talked to a guy at wetsounds and he Said to me the sd6 will not power a 2 ohm load, when bridged :(

Edited by boatnut

Nick213    583

Boatnut do you already have the SD6? Have you considered arc audio?

I was gonna wait till my boat was done but I'll let you know what my build is.

2 pair rev10's on 2 arc 600.2's

3 pairs WS808's on arc XDi1200.6

1 WS xxx12 on arc 2500.1

Arc PS8 processor

Maybe look into what the arc amps will cost you!?!?

Don't setal because a dealer didn't carry a brand you want go find it and get it to him to install. :)

boatnut    230

That was not the problem, he would install it, with no issues, but the JL dealer is an idiot, not my installing dealer, he wants me to be happy period... He said if I can get it, no problem... NOT sure who sells ARC here, we are somewhat limited in Canada, to what retailers carry and what they can get, as you still wanna have service and warranty... But the JL retailer was a douche :(, trying to sell me something I don't want and trying to tell me that a shallow mount sub has the same excursion as a W3, jeesh

Edited by boatnut

Nick213    583

I know a arc dealer that will ship and take care of any warranty issues that might come up if your interested :)

Wylie_Tunes    146

That was not the problem, he would install it, with no issues, but the JL dealer is an idiot, not my installing dealer, he wants me to be happy period... He said if I can get it, no problem... NOT sure who sells ARC here, we are somewhat limited in Canada, to what retailers carry and what they can get, as you still wanna have service and warranty... But the JL retailer was a douche :(, trying to sell me something I don't want and trying to tell me that a shallow mount sub has the same excursion as a W3, jeesh

Not a JL expert, so I had to go look. Strangely enough, the T actually has slightly more x-max. But, there are no specs for a ported enclosure, which tells me JL doesnt recommend it in a ported enclosure. If you ran the T/S parameters, you would probably come to that conclusion. The rec sealed enclosure for the T is strangely large and not much smaller than the W's rec sealed. But, theres an automatic 3db increase in output when going ported.

There's also a $70 upcharge for a woofer that i doubt the boat is going to force you into.