Dreamer

Quick Fill Valve Maintenance

viking    491

Would cycling them open/closed every so often during off season help or do the just dry out not being wet?

Also wondering if I need to be picking up a few spare pump impellers? Embarrassed to say I'm not even sure what pumps the s226 comes with but assuming they are reversible jabsco? Finally getting into ballast as I've been doing audio since I bought my boat. Ordered it with plug-n-play bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bongo Fury    640

He boys, all this maintenance work for nothing. Launched the boat today for our first ride of the year and the valves were seized open. Tried to cycle them with the allen key but wouldn't budge. Now I'm back home soaking the valves in the soapy solution.

Man that sucks Dreamer. We have been fortunate and have not had any issues yet. We spray them with silicone from time to time and leave them open when the boats on the lift and during winter storage. Hillside does a check on them during our spring service.

Edited by Bongo Fury

boatnut    230

Is it better to leave em open or closed during layup?

Bongo Fury    640

I know I read somewhere to leave them open but I can't find where I read it....I may call them this week to be sure.

boatnut    230

Let us know, I just went thru my literature, and no where does it. Mention, whether to leave em open or. Closed

On my boat I am not even sure how to open them, and leave them open, because I don't have a trailer mode, at least I am not. Aware of. It

Edited by boatnut

Dreamer    96

Bongo, where do you spray the valves while installed? Not sure I'll do maintenance on mine again. Might just spray them seasonally and cycle them a few times while in winter storage.

boatnut    230
Would cycling them open/closed every so often during off season help or do the just dry out not being wet?

Also wondering if I need to be picking up a few spare pump impellers? Embarrassed to say I'm not even sure what pumps the s226 comes with but assuming they are reversible jabsco? Finally getting into ballast as I've been doing audio since I bought my boat. Ordered it with plug-n-play bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As for the impellors, if nothing you can always pull one out of the pump you use the least, everybody in my family surfs normal, so I won't be using the mid ship starboard bag very often in my boat so I can always swipe the impellor out of that pump in and emergency :)

DarksideR    1,679

That, SUUUUUCKKKKKSSSSS. After all that work... still gave you an issue... crappy.

I tried to hit the drain button on the touchscreen the other day when I was checking stuff out. It said to pick up speed or something. I'm guessing the only way to do it on the ramfill at least would be trailer mode?

Yeah... where do you spray the silicone lubricant Bongo??

boatnut    230

I figure that you can spray the lube in from the drain/fill hole at the back of the boat, problem is you won't get the inside.... My other question is do any of you have the Manual valve as well?. 742a0748cd8cbdda41989bfe0e52666c.jpgbb23da9fd481a1b7acb88708acdeade9.jpg I left the manual valve half open so you can see it, its just like the dump valve just like your RV, and it's directly behind the electric actuator....

Edited by boatnut

DarksideR    1,679

Yes, I think they all do. It's a "safety valve".

boatnut    230
Yes, I think they all do. It's a "safety valve".

Funny, cause it does not even mention it anywhere in either fineline's info or draw master.... So much fun finding these little "surprises" me likey!!!

shawndoggy    49

In my experience with the drainmaster valves on my MB, once they start to stick, they are going to fail. The maintenance protocol won't help. Drainmaster uses some heavy waterproof grease on the "blade" and that stuff seems to pick up silt and other fine debris. My suspicion is that that fine abrasive material eventually crunches up the valve.

It's a really neat system when it works, but it sure is disappointing that the valves themselves aren't more robust (or easier to remove and clean if frequent removal and cleaning really helps).

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Dreamer....we just spray into the quick fill opening on the transom. Can has a plastic hose and we make sure it gets all lubed up.

Dark...you need to be going more than 10mph to open the gates from the ballast touch screen, To override...go to the main menu then ballast settings (this is where you adjust fill/empty times). You will see something on the bottom of the screen that allows you to open and close the quick fills. We open them this way when the boat is on the lift and also close before launching. Not sure if this is the same on the 2015 boats but its how our 13 is set up

dejoeco    59

I have spoken with Shane Allison and he says to leave quick fills in open position when out of the water.

• Like 2

Bongo Fury    640

I have spoken with Shane Allison and he says to leave quick fills in open position when out of the water.

Thanks!!!

demo9asx    23

Expect one of them to fail once a season and it is best to bring a spare valve for those trips

shawndoggy    49

Although... IME they never stick closed, only open.

dejoeco    59

Although... IME they never stick closed, only open.

that is a good thing. I just had a failure of one fill gate in the open position. This was easy to use the manual shut off and still use the boat.

shawndoggy    49

that is a good thing. I just had a failure of one fill gate in the open position. This was easy to use the manual shut off and still use the boat.

Till that stops working too (the internal gears will eventually stick and you'll break them with the allen wrench... ask me how I know). And when the gate is stuck closed (if ever) you can always manually open it in that direction too.

My thought is that since they never stick closed, why not store them closed, with a coat of silicone on them?

Bongo Fury    640

While I have not had a single issue with mine in 160 hours....yet.....clearly some of you have. I would be very interested to hear from our dealers just how much of an issue this has been for them, as they see a much wider sampling of these.