DrNate    426

shouldn't there be very very little CO in a catted boat?

I guess that was what I was thinking as well

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Compared to what I was used to on my Falcon with FAE it is a very noticeable difference.

Edited by Bongo Fury

Dreamer    96

Here's the way I look at it. Your car has cats, would you stand behind it for ten minutes while your wife holds the rpm's at 3000?

shawndoggy    49

Here's the way I look at it. Your car has cats, would you stand behind it for ten minutes while your wife holds the rpm's at 3000?

No, of course not. But CO is odorless and colorless, so it's not what makes it unpleasant.

I have an FAE and love it for the reasons you've stated. Standing behind a loud V8 burning 6+ gph is unpleasant, CO or catted.

Dreamer    96

Thought I'd update you guys on my squeezed FAE down tube tip. The spray was definitely down, especially at speed. Still not 100% pleased but wondering if part of the problem is the "surf" platform.

This platform seems so short that maybe it is not the best combination with an FAE.

CeeDee    16

Dreamer have you calls FAE to see what they say about the spray ?

Dreamer    96

Dreamer have you calls FAE to see what they say about the spray ?

Yes, I have been in constant communication with Larry at Boatpipes.

I'm really thinking the problem is the new platform. Not only is it shorter but it also sits a few inches higher (off the water). There is so little coverage for the water coming off the trim tab and FAE.

Edited by Dreamer

poosie    7

finished up the FAE project. when everything was said and done my Z measurement is 1.25" hope this will do the trick. I still need to get a few more of the T clamp type hose clamps on but hopefully be able to test out this next week.

post-395-0-08481100-1398614886_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-05324300-1398614907_thumb.jpg

RVR-RAT    269

finished up the FAE project. when everything was said and done my Z measurement is 1.25" hope this will do the trick. I still need to get a few more of the T clamp type hose clamps on but hopefully be able to test out this next week.

Looking Good :clap:

Dreamer    96

I measured my "surf" platform at 27.5". Can someone measure their platform for comparison please and thank you.

Larry at Boatpipes (FAE) wants me to see if the spray is coming into the boat from between the platform and transom. If not then he thinks a flap will be required but I could still squeeze the downpipe narrower and see if that helps.

Dreamer    96

Here is my issue with the FAE. In the video we go from 30% trim tab to 100%. There seems to be some water convergence a foot or two after the platform and the spray lNds inside the boat.

Dreamer    96

Darn small keys on my iphone. The spray "gets" inside the boat.:)

DrNate    426

Dang, Dreamer, I am at a loss. First time I have ever seen or heard this issue. Like you say, maybe it is the new surf platform.

It seems in the video above you were weighted down on the Port side. Is the spray still this bad when the boat is level? Only reason I ask is because we would rarely have a reason to run weighted down with the wake plate at 100%

Dreamer    96

The video is at 11.2 mph. All the port ballast was full and I think there wall a little ballast in the starboard side but it does not matter if the starboard is empty or half full. We like to add a little trim plate for riding skim (probably not 100%) but anything past 50% and the spray starts.

Dreamer    96

This video has the trim tab at 30%. As you can see there is still too much wash on the wake so we want to trim it further but the spray starts coming back into the boat.

Peteg5    2

Installed FAE yesterday on my '08 sv230, here's a pic. Z measurement 1 3/4". No water test yet.

post-5750-0-07359500-1399030783_thumb.jpg

Bongo Fury    640

I measured my "surf" platform at 27.5". Can someone measure their platform for comparison please and thank you.

Larry at Boatpipes (FAE) wants me to see if the spray is coming into the boat from between the platform and transom. If not then he thinks a flap will be required but I could still squeeze the downpipe narrower and see if that helps.

This is really interesting Dreamer...maybe it is the surf platform.....I am going up to the lake today and I'll be sure to measure mine. Is anybody else running an FAE with the surf platform?

Edited by Bongo Fury

I ran my boat (2013 Enzo 230+) for the first time this year yesterday. I also got spray into the boat/onto the back sunpad while at Surf speeds from my FAE. I have a Fullsize Swim platform on my boat also. It was not alot but it was noticable, I gues the next step is to try to adjust my "Z" alittle more and maybe also squeeze the downpipe together alittle as well to see if that will clear it up. I do not want to add a flap to the swim step, mainly for asthetics and to keep from blocking my underwater LEDs.

What should I use to try and squeeze the downpipe together some? I am guessing it has to be something pretty heafty to actually bend the Stainless downpipe.

h20king    794

Dreamer do you have an a plate ?? My new boat is loud .If i have to choose FAE or a plate I'll pass on the a plate so the FAE is closer to the boat to eliminate some spray