ReSession

Order UP! 2014 SV233 coming to VT!

BenHolloway    29

have the factory move the tower forward an inch...

You won't gain anything by moving the aegis tower forward because it doesn't rest on the rear seat back. Will the gladiator get under seven foot if not resting on the rear seat?

DarksideR    1,679

You won't gain anything by moving the aegis tower forward because it doesn't rest on the rear seat back. Will the gladiator get under seven foot if not resting on the rear seat?

Yeah, apparently that's what makes it so high. Can't remember who, but one of the crew had his ordered an inch forward so when it folded, it wouldn't hit the seat back.

No I can't raise my garage opening any without seriously altering my house. Could have a custom hitch fabbed up that would drop to an inch off the ground so the boat would be leaned way forward though. At my old house, I dropped the tongue of the trailer down onto a rolling floor jack and pushed it into and under my carport then jacked it back up once in. So it COULD work.

Starting to think that maybe IF<(still a big if) I'm gonna order a new boat, maybe I'll just wait till February. Then I'll have the cold spring weather to break it in.

h20king    794

Dark prices we talked about was for the SS 230 not the 233. Dont think you will like the price on the 233

DarksideR    1,679

Dark prices we talked about was for the SS 230 not the 233. Dont think you will like the price on the 233

Lol. You're probably right. Although the ones my dealer has are only $8k apart from the 226. Both have ramfill though. What's the cost of ramfill? Gotta be a few G's.

Base prices on a 230 vs a 233 are about 3-4k difference. The big difference comes with all the available options that you can add to an SV that aren't available on an SS. If you compared the two similarly equipped, the difference is not that much.

Edited by South Shore Marina NJ

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks for some clarification South Shore. Apparently it's to late to order a 2014 now. No pricing on the 2015's yet. Choices are to make a list of what I want and see if another dealer has it in stock which would work great, but if I'm getting a new boat, I want to get it exactly how I want.

There is of course a price increase going into 2015.. At this point you're best bet would probably be to order at a boat show. Last year's boat show discount was 5k, which should more than offset any price increase. At this point I would probably go for a 15, they have a lot of awesome stuff coming out and each year these boats get better. If you're looking to save the most coin, then wait for a 2014 left over, but chances are its not going to be configured exactly how you want it.

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks SS. Good advice. I've been looking on boattrader and seems that there isn't many 233's kicking around. Most of them have ramfill too.

Pricing is out for the 2015 models that are available and the 233 went up significantly, almost 5K, but comes with a lot of features in the "base" price that were options in 2014. Polk Audio system with a sub and amp, carbon vents, silencer, new trailer, new tower and I'm sure some other things . . . . . Although I do not necessarily agree with the increase vs. the changes they are what they are. I already miss Wetsounds as a factory option!

Pricing is out for the 2015 models that are available and the 233 went up significantly, almost 5K, but comes with a lot of features in the "base" price that were options in 2014. Polk Audio system with a sub and amp, carbon vents, silencer, new trailer, new tower and I'm sure some other things . . . . . Although I do not necessarily agree with the increase vs. the changes they are what they are. I already miss Wetsounds as a factory option!

I love all the new 2015 features, but I'd like to see them remain as options to give more flexibility on pricing. Regardless, all the new stuff looks awesome.

DarksideR    1,679

Which bags you using in your rear lockers resession? Stock or 1100's?