Troy    234

New pump location

9D6FBFD8-2EBD-4109-A794-507DCB0AD440_zps

Being fead by the original thru hull

A44B947C-FA92-4DE0-B67B-F842C7293211_zps

Original pump fead by the new thru hull

28B2775A-B012-4620-9905-F8414478776A_zps

Turn off valve for new pump to starboard sac to use aux fill port.

DA95AB58-BBAF-4D2E-BA3F-0F1C434A21B8_zps

Aux fill port extended out to fill aux sac for the seat. When it is put away it can't be seen. It slides up behind the speaker panel.

7565BF7E-8131-4261-B5A0-C762E214B572_zps

The switches. They had to be in that order due to the factory wiring.

580460D1-343E-4B3F-B933-5A76A7F85881_zps

mancho    85

We took out the sprinkler manifold and the old ballast tubing and rewired it to use the impeller to suck water back out of the ballast and into the water, the scupper, under the boat.

Is that bad? I thought the aerators sucked?

Lookin good Troy!

DrNate    426

We took out the sprinkler manifold and the old ballast tubing and rewired it to use the impeller to suck water back out of the ballast and into the water, the scupper, under the boat.

Lookin good Troy!

The aerators do suck. But there is more than one way to skin a cat. I was happier bypassing the aerator pumps on mine and using all ballast puppies to fill and empty

Troy    234

Lookin good Troy!

I still use the sprinkler valves to direct water (fill) from the original ballast puppy to 3 spots (Factory center tank, starboard sac and port sac) then the factory center and the port sac use aerators to empty. The aerators are slow, no matter which way you look at it they are slow. I hope this new ballast puppy helps speed it up some. Remember we really only fill the Starboard sac and Center.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Aerator pumps do not suck, they push. They are not self priming, so they need to be below the water line. Sprinkler valves, now those suck!

mancho    85

Ummmm maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the reason why we trashed the sprinkler manifold was because it's water flow restrictions kill the fill speed.

I disassembled mine and discovered that there is interior parts on the sprinkler manifold that are 1/4 inch diameter...Very small. Very restricting. Like trying to suck up a golf ball though a straw.

This slows down the ability for the 1 inch ballast pump/pickup to get maximum throughput. Last weekend we were filling our 1100lb port locker bag and it took a painful 8 to 12 minutes, maybe more, ....the pain!!

• Like 1

Bigcatpt    408

I still use the sprinkler valves to direct water (fill) from the original ballast puppy to 3 spots (Factory center tank, starboard sac and port sac) then the factory center and the port sac use aerators to empty. The aerators are slow, no matter which way you look at it they are slow. I hope this new ballast puppy helps speed it up some. Remember we really only fill the Starboard sac and Center.

If your aerators are pushing water through the sprinkler valves they will always be slow. And changing over to ballast puppy (go with the Johnson...not the Jabsco) will not help your speed any if you are planning on keeping the sprinkler valves. The valves are the bottleneck. Get rid of them!

mancho    85

We have a jabsco stock and a new BIG JOHNSON waiting to get INSERTED. :D:blushing::police::secret::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :surfing2:

• Like 1

Troy    234

If your aerators are pushing water through the sprinkler valves they will always be slow. And changing over to ballast puppy (go with the Johnson...not the Jabsco) will not help your speed any if you are planning on keeping the sprinkler valves. The valves are the bottleneck. Get rid of them!

I have the factory Jabsco pump running through the sprinkler valves to fill. Aerators to empty the Port sac and the factory center tank. Just like a factory setup. The Starboard side has the Johnson pump to fill and empty. :-)

Bigcatpt    408

Troy can you tell me more about how you rigged the Aux fill line that comes out your side compartment behind the speakers?

I am thinking about doing something like that for my custom goofy walkthru reverse enzo sac.

How do you keep the line from falling behind the panal/speakers when it is stored back there?

Troy    234

Big,

I will take a video of how it works. There really isn't enough room for the hose to fall back behind the panel, the only thing i need to be carefull about is the excess water left in the hole and it dripping on my speakers. So I will have to make sure I drain the line good before putting it away.

:thumbsup:

Bigcatpt    408

Big,

I will take a video of how it works. There really isn't enough room for the hose to fall back behind the panel, the only thing i need to be carefull about is the excess water left in the hole and it dripping on my speakers. So I will have to make sure I drain the line good before putting it away.

:thumbsup:

I would love to see how it works! I think it could work for the application I need.

Troy    234

link to the video for the aux fill line.

Edited by Troy

DrNate    426

link to the video for the aux fill line.

link doesn't work :(

Troy    234

Everything worked GREAT! about 5 min to fill and about 7 to empty. The PSS seal worked flawlessly! The a-plate mod worked great! Extremely Pleased!!!

E37FD837-F405-4A78-8BEA-2DAA72464ED1_zps

1100lb sac in the locker and this sac on the seat. The wife and 6 and 3 year old that was it in the boat.

CCEA84F5-6C5C-42D4-82D1-A90B4C7B6047_zps

The wave has a lot more push and less spray.

• Like 1

RVR-RAT    269

Everything worked GREAT! about 5 min to fill and about 7 to empty. The PSS seal worked flawlessly! The a-plate mod worked great! Extremely Pleased!!!

E37FD837-F405-4A78-8BEA-2DAA72464ED1_zps

1100lb sac in the locker and this sac on the seat. The wife and 6 and 3 year old that was it in the boat.

CCEA84F5-6C5C-42D4-82D1-A90B4C7B6047_zps

The wave has a lot more push and less spray.

Looks dialed in :thumbsup: Nice job Troy :clap:

firemanron    3

Hey Troy,

How many of your connectors/fittings did you glue together? Just wondering how well this works. I thought about using glued fittings (primer and proper flexible PVC glue) to eliminate some of the restriction of the barbed fittings. Anyone else glued the flexible PVC without any issues? I know that the glue stays a little soft so I was worried about it coming apart.

Ron