1fasdzl    0

So the first boat that I looked at when I was at the dealer, had a teak swim step that the previous owner had covered with Rhino Liner. If you are not familiar with Rhino Liner, it's the liner that they apply to the inside of truck beds. It's a black, textured paint...sort of.

I thought it was neat idea. Don't know if I love it, but am wondering if y'all have done it, and, if so, what your experience is with it. On the good side, it takes the cleaning and maintenance out of the Teak.

So what are your thoughts? Good? Bad?

WakeDoc    471

I would prefer teak with a little clear anti slip painted on it but, the rhino lined does make it easy. I wonder how the color of the liner will hold up over time since every bed liner I have every had has faded?

Joe B    17

Will it rip or snag your shorts? My wife's suits are pretty pricey and we shimmy off the platform when getting ready for a wake set.

Otherwise a good idea.

ladderrat    0

definitely puttin it on if itll shred off the wifes swimwear! good idea joe!

duramat    462

Fas, Sky (here on CC) had it done to his, he's happy with it. Less maintenance was his thinkin. It works, a little slippery but it works

1fasdzl    0

Thanks Duramat. Do you know if there was any special process he used? Did he clean and seal the wood first, or just spray it on? How did he get in between the wood panels?

I guess I should PM him, huh? :wallbash:

duramat    462

I'll make mention of it to him next time I talk with him, were about to start hookin up now quite frequently. Infact hes under my friends list just click on him and send him a message. Him and I were workin on our boats yesterday getting em ready. :wallbash:

sky_high    0

well the rhino lining is the best thing i have done to my boat i love teak but it is too much too keep up with, i made sure that my step was very dry, and took off all of the mounts and had it coated, we did not worry about getting in the middle of the slats but just sealed the whole thing it worked great, it is a little slick but if you tell everyone when you load up to go i have not had anyone fall off yet, 3 seasons still looks new, however the only sun it sees is when it is on the water she sits in a shop the rest of the time

post-146-1240793959_thumb.jpg

Bigcatpt    408
I'll make mention of it to him next time I talk with him, were about to start hookin up now quite frequently. Infact hes under my friends list just click on him and send him a message. Him and I were workin on our boats yesterday getting em ready. :stuart:

Did you figure out your speedo problem???? Come on warm weather...... Where are you? Hows the back feeling????

jeffro    0

Did it to mine.....love it.

The roughness that it has will depend on who is spraying it. The roughness comes from the sprayer standing away from the piece and putting overspray on it. More overspray = more roughness.....or grit.

post-376-1241052435_thumb.jpg

post-376-1241052456_thumb.jpg

post-376-1241052476_thumb.jpg

post-376-1241052503_thumb.jpg

post-376-1241052525_thumb.jpg

OK so I want to chime in on this one. I think the teak swim platform looks great on are 20 year old boat. We use the teak cleaner from starbright and soft brush, and a good coat of teak oil before it goes in for the season that's it.

post-73-1243182668_thumb.jpg

post-73-1243182706_thumb.jpg

Kb11    0

I just went to Lowes bought some black stain and stained the wood and then put a coat of varnish on it looks great and you can still see the grain of the wood i like it vut if it doesnt work out im going with white rihno liner next time and rubber incerts between the groves on the wood