Jake707    171

Troy did you get your tires on yet? If so what are your thoughts?

I had mine installed and tested them this weekend up to the lake. Seemed to do pretty good. While they are the same size as my other tires that were fairly bald it raise my trailer noticeably haha. All in all Im pleased with them for the money. 

• Like 1

chenige    84

Jake, was it really $28 each? I called one Costco and they said when I order them online the 14 gets tacked on. The other said they charge 14 when I bring them in. 

Troy    234

I have been out of town since my tires have come in.  So they are not even picked up from Costco yet. 

Jake707    171
13 hours ago, chenige said:

Jake, was it really $28 each? I called one Costco and they said when I order them online the 14 gets tacked on. The other said they charge 14 when I bring them in. 

The $28 each was at Les Schwab for removing the old tires and mounting/balancing the new tires then putting the rims back on the trailer. So that was 112 plus the price of the tires which was about 260 delivered I think so all in was under $370 or $93 per tire. The quote I got from les schwab was $95 per tire plus tax and I think it was a lower grade tire so I think I came out pretty good.

chenige    84

Oh missed that you did not do it at Costco 

Edited by chenige

Troy    234

My Costco will not remove and install the wheels on the trailer. I have to bring the wheels and tires by themselves to the store. They will mount and balance the tires on the wheels without an issue, they just will not put them on the trailer. Something about torque specs?

chenige    84

They do not want to be responsible for a lost wheel. 

Jake707    171
2 hours ago, Troy said:

My Costco will not remove and install the wheels on the trailer. I have to bring the wheels and tires by themselves to the store. They will mount and balance the tires on the wheels without an issue, they just will not put them on the trailer. Something about torque specs?

My local Costco said the same that the no longer service trailers, RVs or even large service trucks per new company policy as they do not have proper designated areas for them and were tired of being liable for any damage to these vehicles in the parking lots while waiting.

bcollins    18

So you guys are happy with the Greenballs? I'm thinking of picking them up. I have always used Carlisle and have had mixed experiences with them so want to go with a different brand and I heard the Greenball Tow Masters were a good choice. That plus Costco being about 5 miles from my home seems like a win win for me.

Jake707    171

I just took my boat camping this past weekend and its about 200 miles round trip. No issues with the tires at all