Chrisj4207    18

I DIDNT KNOW IF THIS MOD WOULD WORK ,FEW HOURS OF TIME,LESS THAN 40$IN PARTS,THE WELDING WAS FREE THANKS KEN"FATHER IN LAW" STOLE THE SPECS OFF THE FX-22 PLATE. THE PLATE ON THE ENZO 230 ISNT 13"LONG ITS AROUND 12"BECAUSE OF THE BENDS THAT WERE MADE ON THE PLATE. WITH THE PLATE UP IT DELIVERS A LONG CURLING WAVE LITTLE RAMPY. WITH THE PLATE DOWN ITS AWESOME IM RUNNING IT AT 20%IT MAKES THE WAVE TALLER AND MORE RAMPY SUPER SICK, NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE I WOULD RECOMMEND IF YOUR SERIUOS ABOUT SURFING. IM RUNNING ENZO SACS,FLOOD GATES AND BOW BALLAST, I DIDNT NEED TO FILL UP THE ENZO SACS ALL THE WAY I TAKE IT TO THE RIBBON ON THE BOAT, THE NEW VENT SCOOPS WORK GREAT BUT ANY MORE WEIGHT AND WATER WILL BOIL OVER IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND I ONLY HAD 3 PEOPLE IN THE BOAT. IM STILL GONNA RUN SOME MORE TEST. I GOT STAINLESS PLATES,THEY RAN AROUND 40$ FOR THE METAL, MADE THE TEST ONES OUTA STEEL THEY RUST OH WELL JUST A TEST. IM THINKING ABOUT EXTENDING THE PLATE TO 8.5"INSTEAD OF 6.5 LIKE ON THE FX-22. SO FAR SO GOOD I LIKE WHAT IM SEEING. I WISH CENTURION WOULD JUST MAKE A BOLT ON APP IT REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE

USED A PIECE OF SHEET METAL FOR TEMPLATEpost-4945-0-77802300-1368281822_thumb.pngHAD FATHER IN LAW WELD UP SOME PLATES SAME THICKNESS AS STOCK PLATE1/8"THICKpost-4945-0-04328400-1368281928_thumb.jpg DRILLED 3 HOLES EACH SIDE USED 3/4"BOLTS WITH LOCK NUTpost-4945-0-38612900-1368281965_thumb.jpg LOOKING GOODpost-4945-0-29887900-1368281996_thumb.jpg SMOOTHpost-4945-0-81719900-1368282006_thumb.jpgFIRST TEST ITS FINALLY CURLING AND CLEANpost-4945-0-50505600-1368282216_thumb.pngCLOSE UPpost-4945-0-22405000-1368282248_thumb.jpg OLD WAVE LAST YEAR SUPER CHOPPY LOTS OF WHITE WATER ALL OVER THE TOPpost-4945-0-94229700-1368282280_thumb.png

THANKS ALL :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

Nice work Chris!

I'm thinking about doing something similar to my Avy.

• Like 1

Chrisj4207    18

Nice work Chris!

I'm thinking about doing something similar to my Avy.

Thanks it works really well

I never thought I could get it as clean as the reg side! I'll post pics of the reg it's huge!!!

• Like 1

PayCheck    20

looks sweet, cool that you fabbed that up yourself. someone else did the same thing recently, dont recall who. is your boat transmission reversed? if so im jealous :Rockon:

• Like 1

Chrisj4207    18

looks sweet, cool that you fabbed that up yourself. someone else did the same thing recently, dont recall who. is your boat transmission reversed? if so im jealous :Rockon:

Thanks bud,I wish it was reversed!!!! Everybody I ride with is goooooffffywith the exception of a couple friends" Tsunami pumps move the water pretty quick . It's pretty expensive new tranny and prop$$$$im thinking the plate is doing the cheap trick

When I'm riding behind it I can see the plate workin! I still wanna go stainless and extend them a couple inches

• Like 2

tombugg    7

Chris,

Outstanding job on the plate!! I am just about to pull the trigger on a new V-drive and this makes me challenge my decission a bit.. Your right side looks great is it equal to your left or smaller? If I can get the same results with a plate I am all over this... I have the money put asside for the -drive and prop.. DO you still wish you had right rotation?? My vdrive is getting ordered tomorrow so any advice you could give would be greatly apreciated!!

Thanks

Tom

Chrisj4207    18

Chris,

Outstanding job on the plate!! I am just about to pull the trigger on a new V-drive and this makes me challenge my decission a bit.. Your right side looks great is it equal to your left or smaller? If I can get the same results with a plate I am all over this... I have the money put asside for the -drive and prop.. DO you still wish you had right rotation?? My vdrive is getting ordered tomorrow so any advice you could give would be greatly apreciated!!

Thanks

Tom

Thanks I was pretty exited how it turned out that picture doesnt do justice. To answer your question I would definently do the plate before you pull the trigger on that VD and new prop,It was pretty easy to do and I was 100% stoked on the wave and I could still dump my boat more but didn't need to. My regular side is huge and super smooth with the plate never had a problem with the regular side . Adding those wings really made a difference in the use of the trim tab I felt like it really didn't do much before butt with the wings what a difference. As far as the right rotation I've never ridden a boat with right rotation but I'm sure it's sick

Do the plate and watch it curl. If you have anymore questions hit me up

Chrisj4207    18
Thanks I was pretty exited how it turned out that picture doesnt do justice. To answer your question I would definently do the plate before you pull the trigger on that VD and new prop,It was pretty easy to do and I was 100% stoked on the wave and I could still dump my boat more but didn't need to. My regular side is huge and super smooth with the plate never had a problem with the regular side . Adding those wings really made a difference in the use of the trim tab I felt like it really didn't do much before butt with the wings what a difference. As far as the right rotation I've never ridden a boat with right rotation but I'm sure it's sick

Do the plate and watch it curl. If you have anymore questions hit me up

I think the rotation of the prop helps the swell get thicker but that's just my opinion right rotation sounds awesome

• Like 1

tombugg    7

I think I'm just going to have to do both. :thumbsup:

DarksideR    1,679

I think I'm just going to have to do both. :thumbsup:

That's what I would do!

Good job Chris! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Chrisj4207    18

That's what I would do!

Good job Chris! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks

Have any of you ridden behind a right rotation wave????if so how was it??

Thinking about doing the mod?

sdinna    1

good job on the mod that's slick!!

I just purchased a 13 244 with original plate as it was already ordered that way, rep said on the 244 the new plate is not needed?

what is everyone's thoughts? I only have 2 hours on the boat but wake seemed to need some work only tried goofy side so far.... I need to get it dialed summer is short

• Like 1

Chrisj4207    18

good job on the mod that's slick!!

I just purchased a 13 244 with original plate as it was already ordered that way, rep said on the 244 the new plate is not needed?

what is everyone's thoughts? I only have 2 hours on the boat but wake seemed to need some work only tried goofy side so far.... I need to get it dialed summer is short

Thanks,I feel like the left hand rotation is what makes the goofy wave not so clean. Before the plate I could see the water spitting out of where my plate now covers and pushing the wing down made the wave thicker not to sure what they did on the new 244.. Maybe more weight? I thought all the new Enzo's came with the winged plate? I think the plate works great your regular side is more than likely huge Edited by Chrisj4207
  • Like 1

sdinna    1

Thanks,I feel like the left hand rotation is what makes the goofy wave not so clean. Before the plate I could see the water spitting out of where my plate now covers and pushing the wing down made the wave thicker not to sure what they did on the new 244.. Maybe more weight? I thought all the new Enzo's came with the winged plate I think the plate works great your regular side is more than likely huge

ya I need some more hours first, I havent even tried regular side but need goofy dialed for sure hard to say its too early I will report back, the new plate was an option from factory but I think most ordered the 23's with it....

I never had a problem with rotation on my 06 22ft supra on goofy side it was clean sacked out... I will get the 244 work n I know that haha

Chrisj4207    18

ya I need some more hours first, I havent even tried regular side but need goofy dialed for sure hard to say its too early I will report back, the new plate was an option from factory but I think most ordered the 23's with it....

I never had a problem with rotation on my 06 22ft supra on goofy side it was clean sacked out... I will get the 244 work n I know that haha

Yeah I think it's a centurion thing can't wait to see that wave on the 244

tombugg    7

Chris, I would be interested in buying your steel plates if you make new ones from stainless, would you be interested In Selling them? Would they fit the Bennett trim tab?

mac19    4

Great Mod Chris!! I'm in the process of doing this mod on my 233. They have no gussets that support the new upturned wings on the new FX22 plate. I see Chris built in two gussets on his steel version. However the new FX22 looks like its made from aluminium and they don't have any gussets or supports. What gauge(thickness) of stainless or aluminum would you think is required to remove the gussets and still maintain rigidity?

strev    26

looks good buddy, can't wait to surf it!! :surfing2: