RhuntIII

2002 Avy Stereo upgrade

RhuntIII    555

Hey!, Forget about it.

truekaotik    458

In my area and what I've heard from others in many areas, it is better to use the stereo volume control and leave the 420 at 75% on both. Then when you want a lower volume on either one you just turn it down to your liking.. Still using the volume control on the head unit as main volume but toning down the zone you want at the time on the 420.. This keeps you from having worry about turning the inner and outer knob at the same time... I know you drink Rhunt ;) this is a way better scenario for you...

Edited by truekaotik

Wylie_Tunes    146

In my area and what I've heard from others in many areas, it is better to use the stereo volume control and leave the 420 at 75% on both. Then when you want a lower volume on either one you just turn it down to your liking.. Still using the volume control on the head unit as main volume but toning down the zone you want at the time on the 420.. This keeps you from having worry about turning the inner and outer knob at the same time... I know you drink Rhunt ;) this is a way better scenario for you...

How do your customers handle this when their head-unit is located in the glove box? Seems kinda awkward to juggle 3 knobs. With the head-unit set to 75%, its a set it and forget it and just use the WS-420. Need to turn the whole system down, rotate both knobs. Oh, and with the system tuned just right, I have found that the WS-420 volume can be run 100% with zero clipping. Its not like a head-unit source unit. I suppose there's not right or wrong way to use the volume knobs, im just sharing how my self, my customers, every installer I know and every other WS-420 owner I know uses there's. Free country, so experiment

RhuntIII    555

Hey you two!

I'm not gonna mention any names but this pen_s competition on my thread for a stereo upgrade has to stop. You both have given great advice and is greatly appreciated.

Edited by RhuntIII

truekaotik    458

Thats where a remote comes in handy on my end, customers love it.. What do you do when they have a transom remote already installed in the boat? Make them get back in the boat to turn it down??.. Come on.. your right free country bro, calm down. your getting a little mad... Many ways to do it, im glad your customers love to use tiny knobs constantly, people i know only turn them seperatly on occassion.. much easier to retain the head unit as primary volume if you can in my book..

Considering if you notice, their isn't a nominal gain from 75% to 100% on the 420. So I agree you could run it 100% ;) I tuned mine at 100% ;)

RhuntIII    555

That's the last one! lets get back to the stereo build! :)

Spud    7

I have my 420 under my head unit. I feel that to have the 420 in the globe box would be a huge disadvantage. I also run my vol 100% and use just the tower vol control on the 420. I feel I have better control with my head unit vol. I will also mention that I wish I bought the 420 4 years ago.

truekaotik    458
That's the last one! lets get back to the stereo build! :)

:-p. lol

truekaotik    458

Honestly this is a good conversation about how people control their audio. If you can look past the smart Alec comments, it's a good way to decide how to control your system.. Guess you need to weigh the pluses and minuses of each way and come to a solution on which way you want to control the main volume on your boat Rhunt... Let him reply? I want to understand the advantages of using the little knobs all the time, over a main volume, with adjustments here and there.. Most of the systems installed, they play the 3 zones cohesively "unless" there are circumstances to adjust, set and leave.. Still utilizing the main volume on the head unit for control. What is the advantage of using the 420 as main volume for both? Lets be honest, it's tiny, and the head unit will control the iPod, so what do you do about changing songs while driving? It just doesn't seem beneficial to set a system up that restrictive?

Edited by truekaotik

RhuntIII    555

Y'all just run with it then. When we start the build I'll step in. Hell I might just stir the pot for fun. :)

Edited by RhuntIII

truekaotik    458

That's what it's for. Chime in on questions or comments if you don't understand one of us..

Spud    7

Look rhunt, brother, what it all comes down to... Train yourself on one knob ! After a few tasty ones, 2 knobs sucks. I go for the girth and shine... Easy.

Spud

RhuntIII    555

When all this gets built I'll play around with it and post with what I like (volume control) until then I'm leaning towards a one knober. Just sounds easy.

DrNate    426

I'm just glad that you're getting and installing a 420 so that you'll know how to do mine when it comes :)

First timer    19

When you mount your 420 Rhunt you'll have to take pics. I still havent decided exactly where I want to mount mine. Thinking of taking off that stereo cover at the factory location and making a bezel for the head unit and the 420 to mount there.

RhuntIII    555

First,

I think Big Will did something like that. I'll be sure to document the install.

Spud    7

Does anybody know where Centurion is mounting them with new boats equipped ?

RhuntIII    555

Where might be a good place to at receivers/head units on line?

Spud    7

What are you trying to say?

RhuntIII    555

I not sure on a receiver/head unit. I don't listen to CD's, I would like to plug in the iPhone for my music (aux or usb). I'll be getting the WS-420 and would like to research on the net or know y'alls thoughts on this.

What I'm trying to say is your not different spud your just like everyone else. What is that smell?!