bobback

Post your 360

Dreamer    96

Sometimes I try the 3 with both my hands pulling in the water, and I have landed a few that way but I was told that if you reach with your front hand your body has to unwind in the opposite direction of the spin and slows it down. Back hand only if you can.

harlobra    24

This is from last Sunday. Don't be jealous when you see it...

Edited by harlobra

Audionly101    39

I can spin my skim style Inland Surfer board no problem, but I really want to be able to stick it on my Shred Stixx Custom and I am having such a hard time building enough power to turn the whole 360 on that board. I feel like I have to force it so hard. I even tried taking off two of the quad fins which helped me spin a ton easier but made it hard to stay with the wave.

Anyone have any tips for spinning a surf style quad?

Bigcatpt    408

I have been spinning 360's successfully for 2 years now. Now landing them and riding them out is a different story. That part is still eluding me!

I am getting closer though. I realize I am a little challenged because I weigh 285 lbs and I am riding a 5'6" board that takes some effort to spin.

Here is my closest attempt to date while at Lake Powell this summer. Skip ahead to 5:45 to see the spin. I am not sure how I did not ride this one out. But I appreciate the editing job so that no one really knows I did not ride it out. :-)

I usually end up too high in the wave and can't get down where there is push....or else I end up in the flat with my weight on my rear foot.

One of these days!!!

Its fun to see everyone else making it happen.

On a side note, I took out a buddy the other day. It was his 3rd time out surfing. He was riding a squirt with 3 fins in it. And he landed three 360's!!!! Freaking punk!!!! I will try and post some video.

ReSession    165

Long time member, but it's been awhile as I spend most of my time on WakeWorld (although people sure love their opinions on that site!) - Thought I'd post a quick vid of some spins and airs from this weekend on an Inland Surfer Flyboy behind my '11 Supreme V226...of course I can't figure out how to embed the video for some reason??? Any tips???

Audionly101 - I have a ShredStixx Custom as well (although I'm finding myself not riding it much this season...just requires a ton of weight forward, plus all the pumping)...things got easier when I got the Flyboy! The key to spinning the ShredStixx around is to actually put your weight forward and pop those fins up a little out of the water! Here's a vid from last season:

Went out with VTsurfer tonight...so close, but he just keeps overrotating that spin and can't keep up with boat! He'll get it next time!!!

Edited by ReSession

DrNate    426

That is some great riding there ReSession! And that V226 wave is legit! I have a friend who is in the market for a surf boat and I definately recommended that he take a look at the Supremes.

Just had a great day out with Duramat and KrisKussee behind Dura's Elite. Dura pulled off a 360 today!!!.....Ummm....sort of....I'll let the Crew judge the validity of it. LOL. Fast forward to 1min 10secs for the highlight. I didn't have time to trim it down.

Nikj    2

Getting closer

DarksideR    1,679

Ha ha! No dice Dura! A rope in hand AND a pink board!... I gotta give you props though cause the rope Is actually a PITA. Keep trying bud!

duramat    462

Ha ha! No dice Dura! A rope in hand AND a pink board!... I gotta give you props though cause the rope Is actually a PITA. Keep trying bud!

Hahaha! Knuckledragger officially dubbed it the "My little Pony" board and was teasing my boy about riding it. I was having more success on that skim board on "attempting" 3's. I was doing what Dreamer was recommending on starting HS and with board backwards. I tell ya that takes some getting used too, but I see where he's coming from. :thumbsup:

bobback    3

In watching the Olympics I heard a stat that the high divers practice about 25,000 dives a year. If they practice 6 days a week, that is about 80 practice dives a day. My wife said in the 2 days I was able to surf this weekend, I was about 145 attempts short.

Going have to try to post a vid...a buddy was out this weekned that took some vids so will see what I can do here in the next week.

Dura...like your choice of music!

DrNate    426

I tried about 20 times this weekend. And I feel no closer to landing it :(

Dreamer    96

I landed a couple 3's this weekend but every time I wore the GoPro I could not land one. Too much pressure!

DarksideR    1,679

Bummer! Man, you got far back there at one point! And some nice airs too!

duramat    462

And some nice airs too!

I noticed that!! :thumbsup:

Dreamer    96

Bummer! Man, you got far back there at one point! And some nice airs too!

Ya, with my Bomb Pop I can get way back there and my airs are improving as well.

I surfed behind a 23' LSV Malibu last weekend that had as much or more ballast as me and that wake had nothing on my Enzo.

bobback    3

Ya, with my Bomb Pop I can get way back there and my airs are improving as well.

I surfed behind a 23' LSV Malibu last weekend that had as much or more ballast as me and that wake had nothing on my Enzo.

The bu must not have had the surfgate. haha

duramat    462

Well...Knuckledragger successfully pulled a 3....on my board....behind my boat! LMAO It was great fun! I'll have to find the pics of it.

VTsurfer    4

Got out with ReSession this week......owe more gas for this... some how can't catch back up to the boat.

Going to try a beginner boat next time to see if that slows it all down. What do you gues think?

Where is the embed video in the toolbar above only 15% of us can figure it out.(link below)

DrNate    426

VTsurfer.....

love the video with the different music. Pretty funny. And you are oh so close! I can't give you any advice because I haven't landed one either :) Have you tried slowing the boat down just a touch? Just a thought