sonny2004

rev410

sonny2004    0

I have a 2004 Escalade with a swoop tower, Does anyone know if two rev410 will fit? they look like they taper back and I have 54in. between my tower at the top.

truekaotik    458

Extreme swoop or skylon swoop? From your avatar it looks like a extreme... On the back bar (closest to engine) they fit...

sonny2004    0

yes it is the extreme swoop... thanks truekaotik. Should I go with the 2 rev410 or do 1 rev410 and 2 rev10, Which would sound better?

truekaotik    458

2 rev 10's and a 410... I will be getting the 410 on in a month or so... Beat me to it!! I would love video... :) I think the threesome sounds perfect... They have enough mid and to have 3 horns makes it real rich in sound... Just my 2 cents.. Audio is subject to the listener...

If you have the revs on a syn4 and the 410 on a syn2 would be perfect in my opinion... That's what I'm gonna run... Till the new amps arrive.. May push em harder to see...

Edited by truekaotik

sonny2004    0

Im ordeing them on monday, Early birthday present to myself. Soon as they are installed I will get some video. thanks again

truekaotik    458

That's sweet!!! Happy early bday!!!

I have my 2 rev10's on the front bar ( closest to bow) and when I put the 410 up to the tower it fit nice on the rear bar (near engine) offsetting the size a little... So I will prolly run it on the back bar. You decide how you want to run them before mounting will be the best result.. Have friends hold them up in the proper space and look for yourself... Good luck and you'll like it... .

A threesome will throw farther across the lake than 2 rev410's.....

Edited by truekaotik

h20king    794

sound is definitely subjective.I vote for a set of 410's if you have room. I have a set and they are incredible. The bass hits you in the chest and the sound is warm and clean. The Rev threesome is great but a matched set would be a better choice IMO.

sonny2004    0

Okay so my question is what is the sound difference between the two? I'm going for f$?@ that boat is load and sounds good.. I'm ording Monday and just want the best setup

PayCheck    20

i dont know much about the difference, but from what i seen the 3 some looks much better and no matter which way you go, you will have an insane system. i personally would prefer to have the 3 horns also.

duramat    462

Okay so my question is what is the sound difference between the two? I'm going for f$?@ that boat is load and sounds good.. I'm ording Monday and just want the best setup

The only negative about them 410's is that they're so huge and a set of them on the wrong tower looks funky and too crowded IMO. 2 Rev10's looks clean and normal, and with the right tower I think the 410 in the middle looks fine.

My Revs are being run off a JL400/4. Spud and I are runnin the same set up and agree that it's plenty loud for us two LOL. At what point is how loud is too loud? LOL that's for you and the fishermen to decide but I'm satisfied with what I got :thumbsup:

h20king    794

Their REV 410 is Wetsounds top of the line speaker. The housing is larger than the others in the line up giving them a deep warm sound.The extra horns are not needed.The 410 has a huge stand alone HLCD horn. When going with the threesome you give up surface area on the woofer side as the horn has to pass through the woofer on the REV 10 where as the 410 has solid woofers.The only reason to go with a threesome over a set of 410's would be not enough space on the tower or you just prefer the looks. Both are great set ups that anybody would be happy with but if you want to be That Guy a set of properly powered 410's wins all day long.Wetsounds is coming out with new amps shortly so the way to go would be a Sinister 4 bridged and a set of 410's.Here are a couple pics of mine sorry I'm a picture whore LOL.......................................H

post-777-0-33154500-1338766547_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-33806000-1338766571_thumb.jpg

truekaotik    458

You will be "that guy" with either set up... You need the threesome... The Rev "Series" are their top of the line speakers... Going with 2 410 limits you on functionality and does not give enough noticeable surface area to destinguish a difference in performance... They are amazing speakers no doubt.. Its a reworked 485, with a bigger can to Match the bigger speakers inside... The 3 some will have plenty of mid and more vocal power.. 2 410's are awesome if you want to mount and leave... Going with the threesome on your tower with swivel clamp, you can turn the rev10's forward an leave the 410 facing back because of the size.. Then you have the ultimate party boat with speakers facing forward and back at the cove or sand bar... Spin them back to the rear for when you board... H is correct on the new sinister series coming soon with more power than the syn series... Now you have several different points of view... Your turn to decide what you want. :)

Edited by truekaotik

Spud    7

The other cool thing about the 3some is you can swivel a 10 or 2 forwards when beached or anchored up... 2 pennies. I love me rev 10's.

h20king    794

I agree swivel speakers are cool but who actualy does this??when we anchor the stern is always facing the beach if i were to swivel a speaker it would be pointing at open water

truekaotik    458
I agree swivel speakers are cool but who actualy does this??when we anchor the stern is always facing the beach if i were to swivel a speaker it would be pointing at open water

Used it 3 days over memorial weekend and the weekend prior at our sand bar... People love it!!!

PayCheck    20

our friends have swivel, and its nice to be able to float in the water or sit on the beach or even up at their campfire with some music.

duramat    462

TRANSLATION: "My system is already loud enough thus not needing the option of facilitating rotation of my gazillion watt tuna troller system"

TEEHEEHEE!

Spud    7

I have swiveled mine each time I anchored and tied up.

Spud    7

I can't imagine the sound quality out in front of the boat for swimmers and floaters being superior without bow speakers and not being able to spin a 10 around. With that being said, I like not having to crank my system up so loud that the rest of the people enjoying their lake days don't have to listen to what I want to listen to. :D