First timer

Krypt 42a eq

truekaotik    458
Yeah I think I will getting the Wetsounds 420.

Looking at the exile zld as well. the boat link and pa feature are both things I will never use. Any one with experience with these compared to the wet sounds unit. Basically I am mainly chasing the volume control between the cabins and tower

Then you really only need to add 2 PAC LC1 controls.. That's the cheapest route... Put one inline with the tower RCAs and one with the inboats RCAs.. Done with seperate control... There is also a couple other cheap options like the kicker piece Wylie pointed out.. I'm not fond of the zld...

The 420 is the best option though with the preout boost...

bcollins    18

Don't kid yourself, you'll be all over that PA, trust me. Thing is awesome.

Wylie_Tunes    146

The WS-420 is a quality piece of gear with lots of features, but if you seek just a simple yet effective zone control, then check out the Kicker ZXM-RLC. Pair it up with your sub amps bass volume control and you now have 3 zones.

http://www.kicker.com/ZXMRLC

Just to clarify since the subject was brought up. The Kicker ZXM-RLC has a 9V Line-Level output on EACH zone, so no fears of a weak signal to your amp.

truekaotik    458

Yes it's a decent piece, it does have up to 9v preouts...the preout comment wasn't blasting the kicker piece or the lc1 piece, dont see where you got that and needed to justify the kicker pieces pre outs?? But koo, it always seems to be a battle of info with some.. most can read the info online at kicker if interested and come to their own conclusions. I sure would research any product someone gave their personal opinion on. I was saying their are other "cheap ( as in price, less than $100) options" like that out... I wasnt insinuating it was a cheap product like the krypt piece ( I have still installed these as well). It although doesn't give you seperate EQ controls like the 420 and has two bulky controls like the LC1 has , then add the bulky sub control. . It's all on what you want... I just agree with Bcollins you'll want the mic and all the functions a 420 offers in a nice compact SINGLE control unit worth every penny... There are MANY options out that you can choose, each with its own plus and minuses...

I think the zld is in its own realm cause it doesn't fully integrate all the controls a 420 or krypt piece would have and still cost close to as much. No mic, no link, no seperate EQ controls, ect.... Again there are many products out there and everyone is bias on what they carry or suggest.. ^^ point proved... Good luck with your choice brother...

Edited by truekaotik

Wylie_Tunes    146

No bulky control knob enclosures. This can be done with the PAC as well.

P2030065.jpg

duramat    462

Don't kid yourself, you'll be all over that PA, trust me. Thing is awesome.

LOVE IT!

DavidEM    1

For me the breaking point between using passive zone controls and active line driver controls like the Kicker or JL Audio is:

If the source unit is on the starboard side then the LC-1s are a decent and inexpensive option.

But, if the source unit and amplification is both on the port side then I do not want to extend the signal path by 30 to 35 feet back and forth across a transverse run. An active line driver/zone controller keeps the signal path close to the existing electronics with no extension PLUS gives you the added line voltage that usually lowers the noise floor and raises the dynamic range.

I think everyone agrees that in a marine equalizer the Wetsounds is by far the most comprehensive solution.

David

truekaotik    458

Yes like david says^^^ I agree totally..

Wylie your a installer, any installer can do that. That's not new... These guys aren't installers and may perceive that as too complicated for them to do... But I agree that's the way any installer should install them:)

I would of took it a step farther and popped the face plate off the control as well and mounted it behind the knob so anyone new to the boat Or driving it would know the controls though... ;)

Edited by truekaotik

truekaotik    458

BTW, Is that your boat or the Kicker boat you did Wylie??

jbird21    0

Update from krypt

We received these last week, and they did not pass our quality controls. We are sending refunds.. I’m refunding yours right now.

Ken Land

Bullet Lines / Krypt Towers / Krypt Marine Audio

truekaotik    458
Update from krypt

We received these last week, and they did not pass our quality controls. We are sending refunds.. I’m refunding yours right now.

Ken Land

I dont think the hassle or wait game is fair to you guys... I'd just scrap that option and get a 420 or another brand that will do what you want... ;)

WakeDoc    471

Ken Land

Can you imagine the look of surprise on my face... :unknw:

Keep in mind that you get what you pay for... :unknw:

Wow, I'll have to say that Doc ALMOST hit this nail right on the head... no fewer than 3 months ago. Except, you didn't actually get what you paid for. :2guns:

Edited by Lake Water Connoisseur

First timer    19

Should have listened doc. The 420 will be here Wednesday!!!!!!

bcollins    18

Can you imagine the look of surprise on my face... :unknw:

Ha, that's awesome...