acman

Stero upgade with provision I dash

acman    59

I am replacing a mbquarts head unit with an alpine CDA-118M. Need advice on how the radio interfaces with the provison dash. I would like to maintain the provison dash radio intergration.. Anyone have experience with this type of swap?

Current setup; MBquarts head unit, ws syn 6 driving 6 xs-650's and 1 ws xs-xxx 12" sub syn4 driving ws double up tower speaks (2-MB-8's and 2- Pro 60-B) ws-420

Edited by acman

acman,

I did not think that the Pro-Vision 1 Dash did any control of the Stereo. I thought that was one of the new features on the Pro-Vison II dash.

Can you post a picture of your dash? Do you have a round remote to the left of your steering wheel. That is how all of the Pro-Vision 1 units I saw where set up to control the stereo, not by the dash itself.

I am sure we can help some with more information.

acman    59

I may be wrong on the pro I dash. Boat is 2010 & I purchased used so I need to verify

post-2785-0-08705200-1322023066_thumb.jpg

acman    59

Dash does provide radio intergration

DrNate    426

Well, I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that it is definately the Pro Vision 1 dash.

My best guess is that any other head unit will not work with it; however, you could put any head unit in there that has a remote and mount the remote on the helm somewhere convenient.

Just a thought.

Packrat    13

I just recently had a 118m installed in my SV240 Enzo 2008. What you should know is that if you decide to buy the RF remote it will not work at all. Apparently the 118m's firmware is too new and the RUE RF remote's firmware is too old. I had a dealer go through a box of 4 remotes and none of them worked. The factory remotes are made by a third party and so far they haven't fixed it. I bought the top of the line Alpine Stereo but can't use a remote with it.

WakeDoc    471

The pro1 does not provide any stereo interface or options on our boat the only dash interface is an on/off toggle switch. A new head unit will not have any effect on the pro vision 1 dash.

acman    59

Here is the radio display on the pro vision. All functions work except the radio display info on the screen is not consistant. Get the wait message alot, but shows channel, cd, ipod data when it works. I think the problem is with the mbquarts unit because I get other random issues with the radio switching from cd to ipod when the ipod doc is empty.

post-2785-0-74152400-1322074448_thumb.jpg

Edited by acman

Wow you must have something no one else has. I saw several boats with the Pro-Vison I and none of them had a radio interface in them. I know the ones I saw had a MB Quartz remote to the left side of the steering wheel to control the stereo. Do you have a big circle on the left side to mount a remote in? It might have a plug in it or something?

acman    59

No do not have any open holes or knockout to mount a remote in

acman    59

Flagholder, did u see the pic of the dash. No holes for a remote.

WakeDoc    471

We have nothing like that can you show how you get to that menu with a couple of pics, also can you tell how the stereo is hooked into the pro1?

acman    59

WakeDoc, will try and post pics today. What brand radio deck r u using?

Edited by acman

WakeDoc    471

It is MB Quart, should be the same as yours

acman    59

Ok, here is the home screen on the pro 1. I can access the radio controls through the left bottom hot button onh the pro 1 or by using the keypad on the right and highlighting the radio icon. That brings me to the radio screen. It appears the pro 1 connects through a"y" adapter to the swim deck remote to a black box under the glove box. I will have to pull my sub and panel below the steering wheel to finish tracing wires to the viper box behind the steering wheel to determine where it plugs in. too involved to tackle today.

post-2785-0-77980000-1322262088_thumb.jpg

post-2785-0-01881600-1322262119_thumb.jpg

post-2785-0-90706900-1322262140_thumb.jpg

acman    59

Based on what I see so far looks like the alpine mc20 remote comander is wirelesss and the mbquarts is connecting to the pro 1 through a "y " adapter feeding the rear remote. To keep the Pro 1 radio control I will need a radio deck with a wired rear remote. so may have move to the clarion deck. Whats in the 2011 or 2012 boats? Anyone else have a setup like this?

Do not think you can install one. They only work with PCM Engines, and I suspect they take a whole different wiring harnesses to run this type of a dash compared to analog gauges.

What engine do you have?

acman    59

Boat came that way.