truekaotik

Sac set-up in Avalanche C4

truekaotik    458

good to know duff :thumbsup: ...thanks

i will give you a call dura when i get a chance to be able to take notes. lol

truekaotik    458

Bigcat..... MAD props on the write up!!! I just read it and that sac blown up with air was massive!!! that fits how far forward under the port seat? i need to keep space under my observers seat for all my alcohol :wine:

Bigcatpt    408

Bigcat..... MAD props on the write up!!! I just read it and that sac blown up with air was massive!!! that fits how far forward under the port seat? i need to keep space under my observers seat for all my alcohol :wine:

Thanks for the mad props on the ballast install blog. It was fun to do and I think has been helpful to many. The custom sac completely fill the rear compartment and under the side seat. It does not take up any room in the observers compartment.

Edited by Bigcatpt

truekaotik    458

nice kris! what was the cost for the sacs and why all the holes? did you buy different pumps or use factory ones? i like that set up just as much as bigcats, but yours seems to have more weight, but it dont go under the observers seat correct, just side seats? OMG im gonna blow too much money doing this sac thing i feel :unsure:

kriskussee    9

On Duffy’s recommendations I am using 1000gph aerator pumps. 2 to fill and 2 to empty (on each side) – that accounts for the 4 holes on the back of the sac’s. I put a few extra on the top, I only use 2 of them. 1 for a vent and 1 to assist with a Tsunami pump when I in a hurry.

One change I would make is to fill on the side to shorten the length of my fill hoses (don’t need to pump it to the back of the sac, shortest run = least flow resistance) and use 1” fill & empty lines rather than ¾” lines (again, flow restriction).

The port side sac goes all the way to the observer’s seat but not under it (that’s the difference in length between the two sacs)

The Fat Brick on the deck makes a big difference (though I only use it when I am going “big”.

When I am with family I just fill the sac and I am very happy with it. When I go with surfing buddies, I go “big” + 400lbs on the seat and + 250lbs in the nose + the 150lb Fat Brick on the swim deck.

I spent somewhere around $2,500 for the whole setup.

It is the way to go if you are serious about wakesurfing. I have never been on another boat that I like more, some are close, but most don’t compare.

Bigcatpt has a great write up, I built mine around his and Duffy’s recommendations. When you get serious let me know & I can take a few more pictures of my pump manifold and give you a few more details on what I’d do different if I were to do it again.

truekaotik    458

Ok sweet :) thanks kris, I will do that....

Dreamer    96

Do you think the sac would fill quicker if you had the intake pumps dumping water into the top of the sac?

Hendo    11

Hey true did you ever price out the enzo sac?

truekaotik    458

No Hendo, I think I'm going 1100 in each locker... Then don't know from there... Lol it's the last project for me so it's on the back burner right now...

Troy. R    198

I wakeboard as well as surf so I don't want the custom on the port side because of the different weight displacement that comes with having the arm that runs under the seat. Last year I used an 1100 in the locker, 300ish under the port seat, and 400 in the bow and it worked very well. My current project is plumbing in an 1100 in each locker and a 580 under the port seat with 3 Johnson pumps. It's a bit more work, but as far as i can tell should essentially provide the same weight as a custom...