1fasdzl

CRAZY GOOD DEAL ALERT! Kicker KM6500.2

Wiggles    2

Agreed, and once you have an Ipod, there isn't a deck out there that is as easy to use as the ipod interface, (if there is, please tell me!)

Just go straight from the ipod to your amp, and call it a day. Get your 3.5 mm connector to RCA from monoprice for like 6-10$ and call it a day!

If you want separate volume control and eq, just get a cheap 1/2 din eq and go from there

Yeah I'm going to do pretty much that with the wetsounds WS-420 EQ, running my ipod through the aux channel, and then you have full 3 zone volume control for the whole boat. plus the mic as well.

WakeDoc    471

I was thinking about that. First things first on my list of upgrades before summertime is tracking down an Alpine CDA-9886M head-unit and Alpine MC20 Remote to install so I can play my iPod.

Ditch the head unit for now, get a Wet Sounds WS-420 instead, plug the ipod directly into it, which will give you a much cleaner signal. Route the connection cable to where you want the iPod to be located. Set up some good playlist, hit play and you are done, use the WS-420 for volume and zone control. You could even put a mount on the dash somewhere and control everything directly from the iPod.

Big Po    1

If I can get all the stuff to fix my truck cheap enough, then I'll have enough to do it all at once. I can order the Alpine CDA-9886M, Alpine MC-20 remote, and the Kicker HLCD's, if I can get them cheap enough.

Wiggles    2

If I can get all the stuff to fix my truck cheap enough, then I'll have enough to do it all at once. I can order the Alpine CDA-9886M, Alpine MC-20 remote, and the Kicker HLCD's, if I can get them cheap enough.

Po,

Are you wanting to still have CD capability?? Cause if not I think if you look on the Wetsounds website the ws-420 is only $299 which has to be cheaper then then the alpine deck and cable... and if you have a CD player in there now you can still use it for CD playing and then just have the Ipod connected to the eq, and control it right through the ipod.

Big Po    1

Well, I want CD capability for rare occasions, but I would still like to have it regardless.

The main reason is b/c that cheap crap Sony unit that's in it sucks. Everytime I drive my boat on a semi busy day (mild chop), it will skip the CD and I have to pull over and eject it, then put it back in, then I can drive again until it does it again....Which is never far down the road... And iPods don't skip b/c there's no moving parts.

So I figured I'd put Alpine in there, since I love the units and how fast the interface cable allows me to control it. Plus, we have Alpine units in just about all our vehicles, so being able to have all my music at my fingertips in one small compact package really makes things nice. Plus with the Alpine unit my iPod would be out of the way of water since I would be mounting it under the glovebox in the storage area where my batteries and amp are located. Plus the MC-20 remote allows me to operate the iPod just as well as if I was using the headunit, or the iPod itself.

Edited by Big Po

Wiggles    2

The 650 is a not a hlcd, and won't get the sound out to rider at 80 feet, they are more like a component speaker the 6500 is a hlcd which has the horn to project the sound out farther

1fasdzl - thanks for the heads up on the website.

Anyone know how the KM6500 compares to the XS-650?

the 6.5" in boat speakers http://www.kicker.com/km6500

update: maybe these are not in boat speakers.

Edited by Totalperformance

Red Falcon    1

Am I reading it right, is it 4 speakers in total. 2 horns and 2 mids?

1fasdzl    0

Am I reading it right, is it 4 speakers in total. 2 horns and 2 mids?

Correct. The way Kicker does their HLCD setup is to have the tweeter separate from the mid-woofer. This, in their expert opinion, makes them sound much better. If you search "Kicker KM6500.2" on here and on Wake World, you will find plenty of information from DavidEM and Phil at Kicker describing the theory, as well as the practical function of this setup.

For me, it came down to 2 things: price and headroom

On my 2003 with a Pro Flight tower, by the time you add speakers, the bimini is really low. Most of the crew is 5'6" and shorter and we still have to duck to go under it. I have a box with 4- 6x9's which I'm going to get rid of now. Going with larger speakers is not an option at this point. The only 6x9 HLCD so far is the Wetsounds which is top notch, but way out of my budget at $600/ pair.

Wiggles    2

the 6.5" in boat speakers http://www.kicker.com/km6500

update: maybe these are not in boat speakers.

Yeah noticed that after I sent the msg... TP if your looking at Wetsounds PM me and I'll give you a guys name who gave me some pretty good prices... met him at boat show and he is taking care of me and on our side of the border to boot.. :thumbsup:

prv321    0

Po-

Go here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-6-5-KM6500-2-400W-Marine-Boat-Component-Speakers-/350447819716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5198515bc4#ht_4101wt_1141

I'm happy to pass along a good deal to you guys. Now jump on it before it's all over!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Well, I just made the offer on ebay and refered to LuckatVMI's encouragement to do same - we'll see what happens.

Regardless of what happens, thanks for the deal alert!

Yeah noticed that after I sent the msg... TP if your looking at Wetsounds PM me and I'll give you a guys name who gave me some pretty good prices... met him at boat show and he is taking care of me and on our side of the border to boot.. :thumbsup:

sounds good thanks

1fasdzl    0

Lookie what Mr. UPS guy brought me today...

post-290-0-97759700-1301635852_thumb.jpg

1fasdzl    0

...and I lucked out and found this Liquid Trends box on Craigslist (2 hours away!!!) for a measly $100! It was a good day...

Now for some slight modifications and quick coat of paint, and we are ready for sumer!

Anyone know who make a quick release tower clamp? This is going to be a pain in the a$$ to remove and install.

Tomorrow my other set of mids arrive! Woo HOO!!! Can't wait to try them out doing a little :surfing2::surfing2::surfing2:

post-290-0-67274300-1301636200_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1fasdzl

smitty    0

Sweet, mine are supposed to be here today!!

Getssum    10

Ha! I've been looking at that Box on craigslist for the last month, I'd imagine the seller was happy to off it!

SEXYC4    0

Anyone think it matters on where the horns and mids are placed in a 4-can setup. Horns on outside or inside?

Edited by SEXYC4

elc    2

dzl- what a great score!

1fasdzl    0

dzl- what a great score!

Word! I'm stoked that I came across it and am happy to share it with everyone. Now NO ONE has an excuse to not have HLCD's, eh?! :thumbsup: