wow, but i really love the sound of a V8

Nautique Blog

I'm holding out for a boat with a Flux Capacitor similar to the one on Back to the Future that runs off household garbage. Till then, I'll keep turning dinosaurs into noise.

Cheers

Kevin Baugh    78

wow 3-4 sets yikes then a 4 hour wait after you get towed back in because you went 4 and 1/2 sets

DarksideR    1,679

Wonder what the boat weighs with what I'm guessing is a large amount of batteries.

Pros:

No need for FAE.

... uhhmmm... friends supply more beer now that they don't have to pitch in for gas??

Cons:

You only can use it for about an hour a day!

Too early in the development stage to seriously consider this as an alternative.

Still kinda cool though

Bigcatpt    408

wow 3-4 sets yikes then a 4 hour wait after you get towed back in because you went 4 and 1/2 sets

Kevin, does a set consist of 6 pulls through the course?

If so then that is between 18 and 24 pulls out of the hole followed by a short run.

I know thats not a lot but not a bad starting place for the new (for boats) technology.

Kevin Baugh    78

Kevin, does a set consist of 6 pulls through the course?

If so then that is between 18 and 24 pulls out of the hole followed by a short run.

I know thats not a lot but not a bad starting place for the new (for boats) technology.

I agree its a place to start of course they are playing catchup with epic

21 HYbrid

a set is 6 runs the course lenght is 849' plus run up time

to me (and most people) 3 -4 sets and your dead in the water would be a total none starter but it is an interesting research boat

Kevin Baugh    78

I agree its a place to start of course they are playing catchup with epic

21 HYbrid

a set is 6 runs the course lenght is 849' plus run up time

to me (and most people) 3 -4 sets and your dead in the water would be a total none starter but it is an interesting research boat

4 sets of 6 is 24 runs of lets say 2000 feet that is 48000 feet

when you can measure usable running distance in feet......YIKES

WakeDoc    471

Not for open lake FOR SURE, but depending on price ( which I am sure is nowhere near cheaper than a gas boat) a private lake resident might find it appealing, no trips to the gas station.

WakeDoc    471

Not for open lake FOR SURE, but depending on price ( which I am sure is nowhere near cheaper than a gas boat) a private lake resident might find it appealing, no trips to the gas station.

Audionly101    39

I agree, great for a person who will do a few sets and then go back to the lift and let it charge until the next day. But being dead on the water with no charging from a gas/diesel engine scares me. I love Epic's hybrid setup. If only they were using the VW diesel engine that Mastercraft used for a while to charge the batteries, you could run forever on such a small amount of fuel.

DarksideR    1,679

I agree, great for a person who will do a few sets and then go back to the lift and let it charge until the next day. But being dead on the water with no charging from a gas/diesel engine scares me. I love Epic's hybrid setup. If only they were using the VW diesel engine that Mastercraft used for a while to charge the batteries, you could run forever on such a small amount of fuel.

I swear I seen a little VW emblem on the motor in the epic 23...

5800lbs on the 21!!! Sure wouldn't want to tow that around with my gas F150.

Audionly101    39

My idea was so good, Epic is already using it! I guess I am too slow. Yes, the 21se has a small VW diesel for the generator (optional they say). Nothing like going out for a weekend and only filling it up with $20 in diesel or being able to run Bio in it! Too bad the 232se has an I/O not a pod drive like the 21se. I would love a 232se for a big surf boat if it was inboard or pod drive. I think Centurion needs to jump on board with a Falcon and a Enzo 240+ hybrid / electric.

Epic 232se

Epic 21se

Big Po    1

The Epic 23 shows it fully recharges in about 1 hour.

Not that I would ever consider one, but I think it's a cool concept. And like you said Doc....Definitely NOT an open-water boat with that short of a run-time.