elc

PO Off Topic High Jack Thread

LakeSurfer    10

Po - you have time on your hands. Heck you have posted nearly 1,000 comments on CCC alone. I have been a member 1 year longer than you have and you have 100 more post than I do. I would be willing to bet that you have been the most active poster on CCC since you joined (by a mile)!

I have a girl that rides with us that is like that! She works for a distributing company and brings all the Vodka, Crown, Markers Mark, etc.. for the weekend and I am more than happy with that arrangement. And these are full handles, not the liter. She is on the Special List!

MattJ    1
Alot of work goes into having 2 houses Doc. I don't just "mooch off my folks" I do my own laundry, I take care of my own cleanup (which at the lake is an entire upstairs), I have to upkeep 2 yards thoroughly every week (one of Thursday evening when I get off work before I go to the lake, and the other on Sunday mornings), and neither one of them are small or flat terrain. I have to keep both the boats and waverunners clean, etc...

I don't just sit on my a** like yall think I do. My weekends are only semi-relaxing. They are not all fun & games and mommy and daddy do all the work. I take care of my stuff, and half of theirs at both houses. I also have to d the grocery shopping most of the time.

My parents both work 60-80 hours a week, and I match that, and pull more than my share.

After watching this spectacle unfold like a bad day at the boat ramp, I'm unable to refrain any further based on this latest comment.

Quite simply, welcome to the real world. If you think you're busy now, wait until you have kids. Wait until you own you're home home. Wait until you're married. It's only uphill from where you're at.

People are frustrated because they've taken responsibility for themselves and their families. As much as you think you have, and won't agree with me on this, you haven't come close. Frankly, your weekends are pretty damn relaxing.

And now that it's out of my system, I'm moving on.

Big Po    1

Yeah, my buddy Jamie (Budweiser guy) is the only one that will be riding free next year. Plus, he's the only one that doesn't look at coming up and riding the boat as something expected. He knows it ain't cheap to run that thing. He's been there when I've filled it up.

Girls can ride for free anytime on my boat, but if they're with a dude, he better start shucking bills, or I kick both their a$$es off my boat (starting next year, since this year was such a short boating summer for me).

Big Po    1
After watching this spectacle unfold like a bad day at the boat ramp, I'm unable to refrain any further based on this latest comment.

Quite simply, welcome to the real world. If you think you're busy now, wait until you have kids. Wait until you own you're home home. Wait until you're married. It's only uphill from where you're at.

People are frustrated because they've taken responsibility for themselves and their families. As much as you think you have, and won't agree with me on this, you haven't come close. Frankly, your weekends are pretty damn relaxing.

And now that it's out of my system, I'm moving on.

I never said I had the most stress. I am not trying to compete with anyone on a stress-measuring contest...

But I'm glad your input has relieved some of your stress.

I have a rule on the boat when it is just me and only women. 1 Piece bikini's only. You pick! :offtopic:

Big Po    1
I have a rule on the boat when it is just me and only women. 1 Piece bikini's only. You pick! :horse:

I like it....I'll have to try to use that one sometime and see how it turns out.

Me and Jamie were talking about getting a bunch of chicks up there one weekend and playing strip-pool with them....Neither of us are bad shots. :offtopic:

MN_Surfer    0

I love this thread...not to hijack :offtopic:

Po, are you any good at talking to people, if you can talk as well as you type you should get into some sort of sales. I am the VP of Sales of a nationwide construction company and some of my sales people make $250k+ per year. My average sales person makes around $120k. They work from sun-up to sun-down and make huge sacrifices to make that kind of money. When I first got into sales I was on the road 300 days a year...just ask my wife. Last year I was only home for 42 days (Avy got less than 30 hrs on her). All I am saying is make some sacrifices to make the kind of money that you want to, whether it be going to school, starting a new job, or working two jobs. "People who want to do something will"

:horse:

Big Po    1
I love this thread...not to hijack :offtopic:

Po, are you any good at talking to people, if you can talk as well as you type you should get into some sort of sales. I am the VP of Sales of a nationwide construction company and some of my sales people make $250k+ per year. My average sales person makes around $120k. They work from sun-up to sun-down and make huge sacrifices to make that kind of money. When I first got into sales I was on the road 300 days a year...just ask my wife. Last year I was only home for 42 days (Avy got less than 30 hrs on her). All I am saying is make some sacrifices to make the kind of money that you want to, whether it be going to school, starting a new job, or working two jobs. "People who want to do something will"

:horse:

Well, I'd like to think that I'm not poorly spoken, but some people immediately blackball me since I'm from Alabama. I do have a heavy accent, which can somewhat de-rail my credibility, and make me appear to be rather GUMPish....But I like to consider it more or less a bit of that world-renowned southern charm.

I have always been good with sales and had excellent people skills, but over the last few years my acceptance of the those lacking mental capacity has diminished tremendously. In other words, my number 1 pet-peeve is ignorance and stupid people.

I'm just not really into sales. We get so many sales calls a day from telemarketers that I wanna jump through the phone, take their phone cord and strangle them with it.

Carter13    69

Yall are the ones who started in on my like a pack of dogs on a 3-legged cat, about how I feel sorry for myself.

You are from the South? I would have never guessed. :offtopic:

Edited by Carter13

enzo on LI    79
Thanks. I know. I wasn't necessarily b*tching about having no money...Like it appeared I was just being sarcastic and making fun of myself for doing something dumb.

I know it wasn't the smartest choice, but I did it, and now it's mine to finish. I will pay it off, and when I do....I will start looking into houses, and possibly a different job. Once the boat is paid off, I can afford to be a little bit risky with my occupation, b/c I know i can always come back here.

I can't take it n e more! This is exactly what guys on here (Wake Doc in particular) are talking about. You have all these dreams and ambitions, but the problem is that you don't apply yourself. You don't have to. You got mom and adad just waiting there with open arms to take you back. It's as much their fault as it is yours. Go out there with the attitude that you can't and won't fail and maybe then things will turn up.

As for skills to pay the bills...you named enough jobs or occupations that you feel you are capable of, one of which is the metal fabricating field. Just so you know there are a couple of us on here (including myself) that do this day in and day out as an occupation. Guess what, it probably is a better alternative than the ma and pa shop. More try and less cry.

I am adding this lil bit cause I didnt read everything in the thread first. I found a couple quotes that I would have loved to attached to this but computer illiterate a lil so bear with me. In one post on page 3 i believe you said 10-11 hrs a day 4 days a week...later you said your parents work 60-80hr weeks and you work every bit as much. Now I know I am living in Iowa these days, but I got my MN education and 10 or 11 x4days does not in anyway come out to 60-80. Not even roughly.

Its just one contradiction after another. I am done. Gonna keep reading, and good luck man.

Edited by enzo on LI

elc    2

This thread is getting good and I haven’t seen any other high-jacks! I bet my wife would even like reading your stories too Po… it’s like TMZ on cc.com.

We pay consultants a lot of money to give my company their opinion… you are getting information for free! Once you learn how to sift through the good/bad, you may actually learn something valuable.

I'll jump on the life advice train for the day - Being focused is great, no one wants to work with someone stubborn and not open to new ideas. I guarantee you and I can learn something from every single person on this forum. Right now the difference is, I will take that information and apply it to something in my personal or professional life. Application of knowledge is something that people look for when hiring quality employees, that skill is difficult to find in younger peeps.

Edited by elc

Big Po    1

I am adding this lil bit cause I didnt read everything in the thread first. I found a couple quotes that I would have loved to attached to this but computer illiterate a lil so bear with me. In one post on page 3 i believe you said 10-11 hrs a day 4 days a week...later you said your parents work 60-80hr weeks and you work every bit as much. Now I know I am living in Iowa these days, but I got my MN education and 10 or 11 x4days does not in anyway come out to 60-80. Not even roughly.

Its just one contradiction after another. I am done. Gonna keep reading, and good luck man.

I was referring to the work I do AT work and the work I do outside of work helping friends, and doing other work-type things.

enzo on LI    79
:offtopic::horse:

WakeDoc    471

You are right it is so easy to slow down to look at an accident I am speeding up , PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, everyone do the same and quit responding to PO, the site did not slow down like he would like to believe, every other member that has ANY self control has decided to not respond to anything thread PO PO has derailed, I am joining them. The obvious solution is to ignore anything that is off topic or meaningless to the thread it was posted on IGNORE IT and stay on TRACK.

PO PO quit dragging the site towards the rip current of STUPIDITY!!!

That is IT, I am out, done with this thread.

Truely...Good Luck!!!

Big Po    1

I thought this thread was for me to post random thoughts? Therefore I can derail myself anytime I choose.

Would you not agree that the OP had this intention in mind?

Doc, you don't like me at all. I accept that fact and it doesn't bother me at all. But apparently I bother you. Seems a bit odd.

I think you are just continuing to brood the Po hatred.

I have done nothing to you. Hell, I don't even know you on a personal level. And at this point, I could care less.

Yall are acting just like those radio-edit over on WW that you so much hate. You are all hating on one person who is defenseless at this point, b/c yall have my back up against a wall, and I'm unarmed.

Do you not see how I can't even post one simple post in MY OFF-TOPIC RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD, and I am still getting called out for derailing threads when I haven't derailed a thread I have posted in today since this thread was started.

:offtopic:

Would you mind if I use this thread to get myself up to 2000 posts?

PO - how's the weather down there? got the sissy suit out yet?

Big Po    1
:offtopic:

Would you mind if I use this thread to get myself up to 2000 posts?

PO - how's the weather down there? got the sissy suit out yet?

I could care less. Yall can all muck it up for all I care. It's an off-topic thread....What does it matter?

I wouldn't dare derail the thread......Or else Doc will eventually start hating on you, too.

Edited by Big Po

MANDC    0
Po, we love ya! ;)

Admin, could you make some "Got Po?" stickers for our vehicles? I'd gladly buy some and half the proceeds could go to the "fill the go po Bo(at)" fund. :thumbsup:

I would definatley be in on those stickers

I also miss the original thread. Po you give me good laughs. I really never thought you would buy a boat. When I was your age I could not count the stupid things I have done and they were much worse than buying a boat. I am now much older and wiser with three great kids a wonderful wife. My boat is paid for and I have a rewarding career. You too will be there one day. Hang in there.

I wish I could have been 23 or 24 with a boat like that. Then again if I did I would prolly have every std known to man. But it would have been fun. :thumbsup: